You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Hardy

Quote from: trileacman on September 30, 2012, 05:01:54 PM
The way all rte commentators say "dayboo" instead of debut.

I'm stuck - what's the proper way to pronounce it?

I got a laugh today at Michael Duignan (the best analyst on RTÉ after Ted Walsh) sending greetings to someone in "Tukson", Arizona.

Minder

Quote from: Hardy on September 30, 2012, 11:25:04 PM
Quote from: trileacman on September 30, 2012, 05:01:54 PM
The way all rte commentators say "dayboo" instead of debut.

I'm stuck - what's the proper way to pronounce it?

I got a laugh today at Michael Duignan (the best analyst on RTÉ after Ted Walsh) sending greetings to someone in "Tukson", Arizona.

I played the Ger Canning "a huge one" drinking game, blitzed now.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Yeah, I was laughing at Duignan as well. I'd say he was cursing them that they hadn't moved to Las Vegas or somewhere he knew :)

I'm confused about the Debut one now as well. They say Dayboo, whereas I'd probably say Day-Byoo, but it's not that bad.

Dinny Breen

Day-Byoo here as well, that could be a midlands thing though...
#newbridgeornowhere

Jonah

Quote from: ballinaman on September 29, 2012, 01:06:59 PM
The poncy accent on the kid in the hello.ie ad set in a classrooom.

Totally agree. What an annoying  little so and so.

Onion Bag

I know i have mentioned this before but it bugs the shite out of me,

People who stand in public places with the handsfree ear piece in having a full scale conversation with their hands in thir pockets. i was in the bank this morning and there was a long queue and this p***k was standing having a full scale conversation with his hands in his pockets

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

AZOffaly

That doesn't grind my gears, because it doesn't have any impact on me at all, but I do think people who do that look ridiculous. The benefits of hands free are obvious in a car, but if your hands are free anyway, what's the point?

Onion Bag

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 26, 2012, 02:45:14 PM
That doesn't grind my gears, because it doesn't have any impact on me at all, but I do think people who do that look ridiculous. The benefits of hands free are obvious in a car, but if your hands are free anyway, what's the point?

Exactly AZ, this is my point, it annoys me that people dont just hold the f**king phone in their hand when not in a car

gerrykeegan

I guess some people worry about the possible link

Italy's highest court says heavy use of mobile phone caused brain tumor
October 20, 2012 12:40am
13 32 0 57
ROME - Italy's supreme court has upheld a ruling that said there was a link between a business executive's brain tumour and his heavy mobile phone usage, potentially opening the door to further legal claims.

The court's decision flies in the face of much scientific opinion, which generally says there is not enough evidence to declare a link between mobile phone use and diseases such as cancer and some experts said the Italian ruling should not be used to draw wider conclusions about the subject.

"Great caution is needed before we jump to conclusions about mobile phones and brain tumours," said Malcolm Sperrin, director of medical physics and clinical engineering at Britain's Royal Berkshire Hospital.

The Italian case concerned company director Innocenzo Marcolini who developed a tumour in the left side of his head after using his mobile phone for 5-6 hours a day for 12 years. He normally held the phone in his left hand, while taking notes with his right hand.

Marcolini developed a so-called neurinoma affecting a cranial nerve, which was apparently not cancerous but nevertheless required surgery that badly affected his quality of life.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

theticklemister

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 26, 2012, 02:55:02 PM

Exactly AZ, this is my point, it annoys me that people dont just hold the f**king phone in their hand when not in a car

by buck some boys' gears are grinded too easily!!!

Onion Bag

Quote from: theticklemister on October 26, 2012, 03:13:49 PM

I am way to easily annoyed today for some reason must be something in the air,

tyssam5

He's either a p***k or just a bit worried about microwave induced brain cancer. I suspect the former.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Onion Bag on October 26, 2012, 03:25:10 PM
Quote from: theticklemister on October 26, 2012, 03:13:49 PM

I am way to easily annoyed today for some reason must be something in the air,

Painters in?

laoislad

Bernard Dunne. The **** is everywhere these days. Annoying little bollix.

Oh and Happy New Year ye bunch of pricks.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.