Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: farset on December 06, 2018, 08:33:17 AM
Nobody belittling anyone's All Ireland wins.

But the intermediate is a B championship for those teams not strong enough to play A and likewise with Junior and even Junior B.

You don't have to have a second team to admit you are playing B.

Take Money glass for example. Not strong enough to play Senior so they played at the secondary/B level in the Intermediate. Who beat them?

Yes the team that won it and should have been playing in the A. I'm glad more people can see it for what it is.

In all my days it's never been known as, a b or c competitions, you play for your senior club team and you are a senior player, what grade they play in is the level they are at, junior intermediate or senior championship. If you want to see it as so then fine, I'll not argue with you or HS on it, it's my view on those competitions just.

You can harp on about St Endas all year but you need to submit a motion through your club and insist that clubs play the level of the league they are in, no one will think that's s bad idea, if a county has four leagues it's simple. Div4 Junior b winners play junior in junior proper and that's your div 3 sorted. All division 2 teams play intermediate,  so the likes of Ballycastle last year should have played (and won) intermediate, and only division one teams play senior
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The gooch

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2018, 08:51:42 AM
Quote from: farset on December 06, 2018, 08:33:17 AM
Nobody belittling anyone's All Ireland wins.

But the intermediate is a B championship for those teams not strong enough to play A and likewise with Junior and even Junior B.

You don't have to have a second team to admit you are playing B.

Take Money glass for example. Not strong enough to play Senior so they played at the secondary/B level in the Intermediate. Who beat them?

Yes the team that won it and should have been playing in the A. I'm glad more people can see it for what it is.

In all my days it's never been known as, a b or c competitions, you play for your senior club team and you are a senior player, what grade they play in is the level they are at, junior intermediate or senior championship. If you want to see it as so then fine, I'll not argue with you or HS on it, it's my view on those competitions just.

You can harp on about St Endas all year but you need to submit a motion through your club and insist that clubs play the level of the league they are in, no one will think that's s bad idea, if a county has four leagues it's simple. Div4 Junior b winners play junior in junior proper and that's your div 3 sorted. All division 2 teams play intermediate,  so the likes of Ballycastle last year should have played (and won) intermediate, and only division one teams play senior

we have 3 football leagues, surely its a straight forward scenario in terms of what cship teams should be playing in. fair play to st endas for their success but surely at the start of the year they had a fair idea they would be overwhelming favourties for intermediate. worked out well for them but they had an unfair advantage imo. after all they were playing a superior standard of teams all year in div 1 and managed a fantastic win against cargin on the way.

change it to make leagues and chsip reflect each other, after all that's the standard at which teams are competing at all year, why drop down a level for cship?

bogieman

so, I think there is only one reason NE won't play Antrim intermediate c/s next year, FF.
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Footblock on December 05, 2018, 08:02:16 PM
As stated last week we never had any intention of playing in the B championship. It wouldn't have been fair to legitimate B teams and if CCC didn't want us in the A championship we certainly werent going to risk injuries for an All-ireland semi-final in the B championship which wouldn't have meant anything to us.Thats a pity as it would have been a cracking last 4 with us, Dunloy, Creggan and Naomh Brígid.  We won't know who the best U-21 team was.

ive seen some arrogance in my time but this is up there with the worst.

hurl like f**k boi!

belfastsaff

yes st endas have a lot of players playing in there 'senior team' and would claim this is the reason they would be favourites for the u21s - however they are an A team playing B football at senior level :-X
IMO they have had chances in the past to win the intermediate championship when they were playing in division 2 and bottled it so they have an unfair advantage this year by playing in a higher league at a higher standard - they have abused the system and the word karma comes to mind as they are unable to compete in the u21 championship - do them no harm pure arrogance that statement who do you think you are.

imtommygunn

One eejit on a forum does not represent an entire club so I would be reluctant to chastise the club over one person...

paddyjohn

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 06, 2018, 10:37:14 AM
One eejit on a forum does not represent an entire club so I would be reluctant to chastise the club over one person...

I agree with ITG.. One tube doesn't represent the views of the whole club, there are other people on this forum who spout and ganch (myself included) and I'm sure the club doesn't agree with them. The arrogance from the poster is unreal and verging on a wind up surely.

St Endas can go back to being a city club again after this  ;)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bogieman on December 06, 2018, 09:44:46 AM
so, I think there is only one reason NE won't play Antrim intermediate c/s next year, FF.

You can play intermediate again I think, just not in Ulster
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Na Glinntí Glasa

agreed, my post was directed at the poster and not the club.

im like everyone else who was very happy to see them win at the weekend. would love to see them go all the way.
hurl like f**k boi!

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2018, 10:58:39 AM

Can't play in Ulster at that grade for 5 years IIRC, re Keady and Lisbellaw hurlers.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: johnnycool on December 06, 2018, 11:08:57 AM

Can't play in Ulster at that grade for 5 years IIRC, re Keady and Lisbellaw hurlers.

Yes smarty pants! Us included

The gooch

Quote from: Dunloy realist on December 06, 2018, 11:06:03 AM

agreed, my post was directed at the poster and not the club.

im like everyone else who was very happy to see them win at the weekend. would love to see them go all the way.

aye fair play to them, always good to have an ulster winner, great achievement!

for what its worth I don't think they woulda won the u21 anyway, as I said other week, it will be some team to stop creggans forwards. creggan dunloy final for me

johnnycool

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2018, 11:11:27 AM
Quote from: johnnycool on December 06, 2018, 11:08:57 AM

Yes smarty pants! Us included

You're in Div1 hurling next year, so senior is your level and not some "B" competition to make you feel good about yourselves. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on December 06, 2018, 12:33:07 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 06, 2018, 08:27:17 AM
Quote from: hardstation on December 06, 2018, 06:26:33 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 05, 2018, 10:43:52 PM
Quote from: The gooch on December 05, 2018, 10:30:42 PM
Quote from: BigBallWeeBall on December 05, 2018, 10:23:50 PM
I'm surprised NE pulled out of the u21 B. After all they played in B (intermediate) Championship against "legitimate" B standard teams while playing Div 1. Pure arrogance.

Nail on the head

Intermediate is not a ‘b’ championship I’m afraid. Junior is not a ‘c’ championship either
?
You’re gonna have to explain that one to me.

The teams that play in those championships are the clubs senior teams, they are not the clubs b team or c team. You can have a junior ‘b’ competition but they must win the junior ‘b’ competition to play in the junior competition proper...

All saints this year won Junior ‘b’  and played in a all Ireland ‘championship’ which I think is a great idea, but I’m not hung up on a under21 championship unless the competition was played first and the winners then entered the real championship.

If you’ve played before then you’ll know, you play and want to get on your senior team, regardless of the championship they are in.. you don’t strive to get on the b team but this may be the level you’re at (not you personally) and that’s fine.

I get senior is ‘a’ and intermediate is ‘b’ and so on but I wouldn’t be little Rossa’s All Ireland win in Ctoke Park, or Creggan’s Junior All Ireland
The teams (or at least the vast majority) that play in B competitions at juvenile and indeed the U21B are not the clubs’ 2nd teams either. They are their 1st teams playing in the 2nd tier competition.
Intermediate & Junior are not for reserve teams but they are 2nd & 3rd tier competitions. Effectively, Senior is A, Intermediate is B and Junior is C.
I don’t see why calling them B & C competitions diminishes the clubs’ efforts any more than calling them Intermediate & Junior.

Aye alright.. from now on its 'a' 'b' and 'c' competitions .. will the junior b championship be the 'cb' championship? asking for a friend.

Jeeze tough crowd this week. 

Milltown Row2