Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rodger Mona

LD and St.Endas looks tasty enough fixture. Think St. Endas can cause most teams trouble if they commit this year and dont loose any players. Especially if they taken for granted.

Portglenone V Ahogill... i think local derby in championship could be tighter than expected though i feel whoever comes through that wont get past Creggan. Creggan need a big year this year to prove they werent a one hit wonder 2 years ago as they were awful last year with their championship display

If Aghagallon get past GNM and set up a replay with St.Galls i suspect they would fancy themselves in that game. Unfortunately teams no longer fear what was once a great Galls team

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rodger Mona on February 06, 2020, 08:45:47 AM
LD and St.Endas looks tasty enough fixture. Think St. Endas can cause most teams trouble if they commit this year and dont loose any players. Especially if they taken for granted.

Portglenone V Ahogill... i think local derby in championship could be tighter than expected though i feel whoever comes through that wont get past Creggan. Creggan need a big year this year to prove they werent a one hit wonder 2 years ago as they were awful last year with their championship display

If Aghagallon get past GNM and set up a replay with St.Galls i suspect they would fancy themselves in that game. Unfortunately teams no longer fear what was once a great Galls team

If Aghagallon (should they beat Gorts) beat us then they will have improved greatly from last year, good championship draw, no big hitters out early I suspect, If Lamhs get turned over by St Enda's that would be a major surprise considering they have been contending championships for a the last few years, having won one also in that period.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rodger Mona

MR2 agree that would be a big shock if Endas were to dump  LD out but they have 5 county senior players and a decent squad. That to me wouldnt be unthinkable.

Regarding Aghagallon i thought last year in Creggan they were capbale of beating St.Galls though very naive towards the end. They also have 3 or 4 county men now and i expect them to kick on. Again would be an upset but Antrim Championships probably as open as its ever been

Caesar

Lamh Dhearg vs St Enda's the standout fixture.

LD will be deserved favourites but I agree that there is a lot of potential in that St Endas team and they will not be easy beat.

Portglenone and Ahoghill is another interesting one but the rest should be straight forward.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rodger Mona on February 06, 2020, 09:43:47 AM
MR2 agree that would be a big shock if Endas were to dump  LD out but they have 5 county senior players and a decent squad. That to me wouldnt be unthinkable.

Regarding Aghagallon i thought last year in Creggan they were capbale of beating St.Galls though very naive towards the end. They also have 3 or 4 county men now and i expect them to kick on. Again would be an upset but Antrim Championships probably as open as its ever been

How many current county players on the Antrim team from Cargin? Is it important to have county players to be competitive? and on that reasoning Cargin shouldn't be competing at all ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JimStynes

the average age of the Aghagallon team that started against St. Galls was something like 20 years and 8 months! The team is even younger this year again so it'll be a while yet before they'll be competing.

Rodger Mona

The difference with Cargin is almost all that team has started in Senior, U21 or Minor county teams right up through. Though the longer they go without having men playing at County level i suspect alot of teams will catch up with them as we have seen in recent years. Same with St.Galls, at a time your starting 15 had all played Senior County whether that be for Antrim, Fermanagh, Cavan or other. You cant tell me having county men is a bad thing within a squad. Especially when antrim are out so early, they tend to get back to their clubs in good time and in decent shape

Na Glinntí Glasa

is there anywhere to see the draw for the U16, minor and U21? they havent posted it up online still from last nights draw
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rodger Mona on February 06, 2020, 11:01:57 AM
The difference with Cargin is almost all that team has started in Senior, U21 or Minor county teams right up through. Though the longer they go without having men playing at County level i suspect alot of teams will catch up with them as we have seen in recent years. Same with St.Galls, at a time your starting 15 had all played Senior County whether that be for Antrim, Fermanagh, Cavan or other. You cant tell me having county men is a bad thing within a squad. Especially when antrim are out so early, they tend to get back to their clubs in good time and in decent shape

Sure we never trained till after the county final

Rodger Mona

Yeah i heard that was true. Shows you how bad Antrim Championship was at a time when you guys were trying to peak for December.

Id say St.Galls may have started training after the last county final aswell ..... only this time in preperation for 2020 chsip.

;)

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Rodger Mona on February 06, 2020, 11:01:57 AM
Lol

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rodger Mona on February 06, 2020, 03:13:58 PM
Yeah i heard that was true. Shows you how bad Antrim Championship was at a time when you guys were trying to peak for December.

Id say St.Galls may have started training after the last county final aswell ..... only this time in preperation for 2020 chsip.

;)

I'd say if Cargin used same tactic they might beat the Fermanagh champs, get past the first round  ;D

bannside

Two of the best were from Armagh. John Raff and Dr Gentleman Mark.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: bannside on February 06, 2020, 06:38:00 PM
Two of the best were from Armagh. John Raff and Dr Gentleman Mark.

John is a legend! Wonderful player and brilliant manager! And ferocious trainer both on himself during his playing days and coaching

Rodger Mona

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on February 06, 2020, 06:04:55 PM
Quote from: Rodger Mona on February 06, 2020, 03:13:58 PM

;)

I'd say if Cargin used same tactic they might beat the Fermanagh champs, get past the first round  ;D

I would say YOU are right. Either that or they just havent the stones to win in ulster.

Or maybe it was the replay followed by the 20 additional minutes given injury time the week before at Corrigan. Apparently McCavanna was for throwing the leg over the fence as he done at the Dub to call an end to the game.