GAA in Britain

Started by BennyHarp, June 20, 2007, 12:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

carnaross

Quote from: maggie on October 19, 2008, 06:42:18 PM
Draw between Cucuhlains and Garryowen in the Junior final-2.03 to 8 points in Ruislip today.

Draw 2-03 to 8 points????
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

maggie

Whoops, shouldnt had that 3rd mag- obv meant 9 points

carnaross

Any word on the other games at Ruislip today? Or were you off getting stuck into the Magners?
Anyone travelling to Leeds to work/study are welcome to join St. Benedicts Harps GAA in Leeds.

maggie

dunno bout the minors-think it was a draw.
Tir Chonaill Gaels beat Neasden-not sure of final score.
Good crowd at it.

Plastic Paddy

Warwickshire hurling final takes place on Sunday at 2.30pm after the customary co board balls up of changng the times 2 or 3 times. County Champions John Mitchel's take on Fullen Gaels in what is expected to be a close run final.

off the laces

where abouts are the teams in edinburgh, i am being moved over there to work in the new year and would like to join up with a team can any one pm me any contact details?
Keeps 'er' straight

Plastic Paddy

Quote from: Plastic Paddy on October 20, 2008, 10:19:57 PM
Warwickshire hurling final takes place on Sunday at 2.30pm after the customary co board balls up of changng the times 2 or 3 times. County Champions John Mitchel's take on Fullen Gaels in what is expected to be a close run final.[

John Mitchels 2-9 Fullen Gaels 2-6. We mugged them with 1-1 in injury time. Club Championship Final next sunday in Birmingham v Thomas McCurtains at 2 o'clock

maddog

Quote from: Plastic Paddy on October 26, 2008, 06:46:04 PM
Quote from: Plastic Paddy on October 20, 2008, 10:19:57 PM
Warwickshire hurling final takes place on Sunday at 2.30pm after the customary co board balls up of changng the times 2 or 3 times. County Champions John Mitchel's take on Fullen Gaels in what is expected to be a close run final.
[John Mitchels 2-9 Fullen Gaels 2-6. We mugged them with 1-1 in injury time. Club Championship Final next sunday in Birmingham v Thomas McCurtains at 2 o'clock]

Mitchells struggled through this one, normally you can expect Lyons and Healy down the middle to carry the team through but both were quiet by their own standards. Fullen Gaels will be gutted but its never over until the final whistle and Mitchells proved that. I'd say they will come on in leaps and bounds now that they have had a good hard game under the belt. Big improvement required to stay in the competition.

Rav67

Quote from: off the laces on October 23, 2008, 03:04:15 PM
where abouts are the teams in edinburgh, i am being moved over there to work in the new year and would like to join up with a team can any one pm me any contact details?

Dunedin Connollys are the team there that's all I know, maybe do a google search for them and look for more details...

off the laces

Quote from: Rav67 on October 27, 2008, 06:36:33 PM
Quote from: off the laces on October 23, 2008, 03:04:15 PM

Dunedin Connollys are the team there that's all I know, maybe do a google search for them and look for more details...
Cheers rav found them through GAA websites
Keeps 'er' straight

carnaross

Anybody know anything about all this rubbish being posted on HS about Oisins allegedly playing a Brendan's player in the Lancs senior final. Funny how it seems to have come to light only now!

sammymaguire

where's the link for that one, my brother plays for Oisins and will be interested to hear that...

got it now.... page 4 onwards on the All Brit Championship thread... who's your man they are on about, is he a Brookeboro lad?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

carnaross

I've no idea. Just seems strange to me that they're only brining it up now.

inisceithleann

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 31, 2008, 11:18:22 AM
where's the link for that one, my brother plays for Oisins and will be interested to hear that...

got it now.... page 4 onwards on the All Brit Championship thread... who's your man they are on about, is he a Brookeboro lad?

I'm trying to work that one out myself, but pretty sure they are Brookeboro shorts. Won't be too hard to find out who it is.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

carnaross

What does it matter who he is/was? Surley the time for complaining has long passed. As I said on HS, both clubs should be allowed to get on with preparing for another great game and advertising the game in Lancashire and the north of England, without distraction.