China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 02, 2020, 03:38:59 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 02, 2020, 03:25:24 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 02, 2020, 03:16:34 PM
400+ cases up north today. Numbers not really reducing at all (too soon from current incarnation of lockdown I know but this time a few weeks ago cafes, restaurants and bars weren't open were they?).

Not surprising.  High streets, public transport etc is still packed, lockdown or not.

Where? I'm in belfast and rarely see a person on a bus and any time I've been in Belfast city centre there are very few about.

It has been a very long time since I have seen a packed bus.

I am on the trains and they are mostly full.  Now, not pre covid full, but a healthy crowd nonetheless.

Lisburn Bow Street hasn't really stopped. Loads of people about.  Last week was like a cattle market, this week isn't on that level but it is nowhere near what the actual lockdown was like earlier in the year.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: square_ball on December 02, 2020, 03:47:37 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 02, 2020, 03:40:33 PM
Quote from: square_ball on December 02, 2020, 03:14:31 PM
They love playing the mental health card.

They have a valid point in fairness.

Must be very hard for them to be in a business where the margins are fine enough as is, in a labour of love and half of them aren't getting what they should be getting on time from what I know. Was only a matter of time before some businesses started to strike back.

I'm talking about them going on and on and playing the mental card regarding their customers. I would suggest they don't give two hoots about their customers mental health.

Maybe, you could well be right, but you put people in that position financially. Sooner or later there was going to be unrest.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 02, 2020, 03:49:42 PM
https://www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/newry-gym-owner-appears-court-19386407?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=sharebar

Is this the newry gym guy??

That's him alright

QuoteThe accused, when asked to confirm his identity, replied: "My name is Declan...I am a man..I am a human being."

Sounding like one of those "soverign citizens" or "freemen" you see Youtube videos about.

imtommygunn

Quote from: lurganblue on December 02, 2020, 03:50:46 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 02, 2020, 03:38:59 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on December 02, 2020, 03:25:24 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 02, 2020, 03:16:34 PM
400+ cases up north today. Numbers not really reducing at all (too soon from current incarnation of lockdown I know but this time a few weeks ago cafes, restaurants and bars weren't open were they?).

Not surprising.  High streets, public transport etc is still packed, lockdown or not.

Where? I'm in belfast and rarely see a person on a bus and any time I've been in Belfast city centre there are very few about.

It has been a very long time since I have seen a packed bus.

I am on the trains and they are mostly full.  Now, not pre covid full, but a healthy crowd nonetheless.

Lisburn Bow Street hasn't really stopped. Loads of people about.  Last week was like a cattle market, this week isn't on that level but it is nowhere near what the actual lockdown was like earlier in the year.

I wouldn't be about at rush hour to see buses but any I have seen you could count on one hand the people on it. I used to use cairnshill park and ride and the car park would be 80-90% full(hundreds of cars). These days it is barely into double figures.

square_ball

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 02, 2020, 03:52:47 PM

Must be very hard for them to be in a business where the margins are fine enough as is, in a labour of love and half of them aren't getting what they should be getting on time from what I know. Was only a matter of time before some businesses started to strike back.

I'm talking about them going on and on and playing the mental card regarding their customers. I would suggest they don't give two hoots about their customers mental health.

Maybe, you could well be right, but you put people in that position financially. Sooner or later there was going to be unrest.

Absolutely and people and businesses who are forced to close have to be frustrated and annoyed to say the least.

It's just the whole mental health thing they flippantly use to try and make a point that annoys me.

Saffrongael

Quote from: square_ball on December 02, 2020, 03:59:55 PM

Absolutely and people and businesses who are forced to close have to be frustrated and annoyed to say the least.

It's just the whole mental health thing they flippantly use to try and make a point that annoys me.

The mental health card is always the go to weapon
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

general_lee

Quote from: square_ball on December 02, 2020, 03:59:55 PM

Annoys the life out of me as well. Gym owners love pulling that one out. They act like not getting to the gym is the only aspect of this pandemic that is detrimental to people's mental health. They got it much easier than the likes of hospitality which is on the verge of collapse.

Your man in Newry is an embarrassment, completely unprofessional and if I was a member there I'd be joining another gym.

armaghniac

416 cases in the 6 counties. The 7 day rate is marginally higher than the previous 7 day rate. Belfast is now lower than most country areas, and has half the rate of Derry or mid-Ulster. Meanwhile the 26 has 270 cases today, is among the lowest in Europe, so the rate in the 6 counties is 3.5 times that of the 26.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

456 cases up north. Everyone will have had it before this vaccine at current rate!!

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 03, 2020, 03:36:03 PM
456 cases up north. Everyone will have had it before this vaccine at current rate!!

That is 0.02% of Northern Ireland.

imtommygunn

456 is? It's not the one day total that is worrying - it's a number that just keeps either steady or growing. I'm obviously exaggerating there but you would like to think that there'll be some improvement from our lockdowns at some point. As of yet we're not seeing them in numbers at all.

GetOverTheBar

No idea what to think on our numbers. I'm actually at a loss, seems to be 400 every day no matter what they do. Kind of numb to it at this stage really.

We must have a very high carehome population / problem because honestly, in mid Ulster this is not a big a problem as the numbers suggest. Anything I hear is now school related (that is genuinely confirmed).

Am I sticking the head in the sand? I genuinely don't know anymore about the North.

armaghniac

NI never seems to get ahead of it, the positivity rate from test is still 8%, suggesting that they are not reaching all the contacts. Mid and East Antrim leading the way now, following the example of their political leaders.

100,000+ in hospital in the USA, and 2800 odd dying each day. A sign of a failed state?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

imtommygunn

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 03, 2020, 03:55:18 PM
No idea what to think on our numbers. I'm actually at a loss, seems to be 400 every day no matter what they do. Kind of numb to it at this stage really.

We must have a very high carehome population / problem because honestly, in mid Ulster this is not a big a problem as the numbers suggest. Anything I hear is now school related (that is genuinely confirmed).

Am I sticking the head in the sand? I genuinely don't know anymore about the North.

Yeah I would be at a loss too tbh. The cases I hear of, and to be honest have encountered, are coming through schools / nurseries.

Between brexit and this armaghniac then absolutely a failed state and america is a failure now too not just because of covid. That being said looking at the dail voting to not pay student nurses and reading some of their stories they look as bad as the english tories too :( (not quite mind you but you do have to wonder about that vote and the school meals ones in england and how they find so many so callous people and group them all together).