China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blowitupref

18 new deaths reported in 26 (15 in November, 1 in October, 2 under investigation)

The way cases are reported remain odd.

Positive tests last 48hrs - 389
Reported cases last 48hrs - 575
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 02, 2020, 08:21:04 AM
Vaccine for the UK from next week. https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-approves-use-of-pfizers-coronavirus-vaccine-12148786

Great news, very welcome development. One more step closer to the end of this constant depression.

square_ball

The Gym, Newry going with the all publicly is good publicity strategy.

Apologies if discussed elsewhere.

Taylor

Quote from: square_ball on December 02, 2020, 02:31:09 PM

Saw a few videos doing the rounds.

Embarrassing.

lurganblue

Quote from: square_ball on December 02, 2020, 02:31:09 PM

Gym owners have been the biggest pukes of all during the pandemic.

nrico2006

Why is it that gym owners and PTs all seem to be philosophers too.  Those Newry videos would puke the life out of you.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

square_ball

They love playing the mental health card.

imtommygunn

400+ cases up north today. Numbers not really reducing at all (too soon from current incarnation of lockdown I know but this time a few weeks ago cafes, restaurants and bars weren't open were they?).

lurganblue

Quote from: imtommygunn on December 02, 2020, 03:16:34 PM
400+ cases up north today. Numbers not really reducing at all (too soon from current incarnation of lockdown I know but this time a few weeks ago cafes, restaurants and bars weren't open were they?).

Not surprising.  High streets, public transport etc is still packed, lockdown or not.

lurganblue

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 02, 2020, 03:08:55 PM
Why is it that gym owners and PTs all seem to be philosophers too.  Those Newry videos would puke the life out of you.

The big book of motivational quotes started them on the road to philosophical studies.

imtommygunn

Quote from: lurganblue on December 02, 2020, 03:25:24 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on December 02, 2020, 03:16:34 PM

Not surprising.  High streets, public transport etc is still packed, lockdown or not.

Where? I'm in belfast and rarely see a person on a bus and any time I've been in Belfast city centre there are very few about.

It has been a very long time since I have seen a packed bus.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: square_ball on December 02, 2020, 03:14:31 PM

They have a valid point in fairness.

Must be very hard for them to be in a business where the margins are fine enough as is, in a labour of love and half of them aren't getting what they should be getting on time from what I know. Was only a matter of time before some businesses started to strike back.

square_ball

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on December 02, 2020, 03:40:33 PM
Quote from: square_ball on December 02, 2020, 03:14:31 PM

They have a valid point in fairness.

Must be very hard for them to be in a business where the margins are fine enough as is, in a labour of love and half of them aren't getting what they should be getting on time from what I know. Was only a matter of time before some businesses started to strike back.

I'm talking about them going on and on and playing the mental card regarding their customers. I would suggest they don't give two hoots about their customers mental health.