The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Unlike Chelsea Manure are top of the league and in a strong position to go to CL last 8 because they are lucky!  Good man Moan-inho getting excuses in early.

United have had all the luck, says Mourinho

Matt Scott
Tuesday February 27, 2007
The Guardian

Jose Mourinho has claimed Manchester United have been fortunate in carving out a nine-point Premiership lead and believes "everything is on their side" in terms of lucky breaks in the title race.
Chelsea collected the first trophy of the season on Sunday with a 2-1 victory over Arsenal in the Carling Cup final. However, it allowed United to extend their Premiership advantage by three points on Saturday with a 2-1 win at Fulham.

Chelsea have 12 matches in which to recover the deficit but their manager has set about planting a seed of doubt in United heads. "I didn't see the Fulham game to be fair - we were travelling - but the information I have is it was completely undeserved," said Mourinho. "But football is about this. Sometimes you don't deserve it and you win. It's a game they could lose and in the end they win."
Mourinho may have appeared resigned to being disadvantaged by United's good fortune but he warmed to the theme, even referring to Ryan Giggs's controversial free-kick winner in the Champions League match against Lille. That match also saw Peter Odemwingie put the ball in the net only for the goal to be disallowed for a shove on United's defender Nemanja Vidic. "They go to the Champions League and have a disallowed goal for the opponent, and their goal is that [Giggs'] goal," said Mourinho.

"They go to Fulham and it looks like they deserve to lose and they win. They play in Tottenham, it's 0-0 and Cristiano [Ronaldo] dives, they get a penalty and win 4-0."

Despite evidently considering that Chelsea are due similar luck - and perhaps privately hoping his remarks might make referees administer it - Mourinho believes his players have it in them to force events in their favour.

"We have a match in hand to play," he said. "We have to try to go back to six points. At this moment we're in the last 16 of the Champions League, the last eight of the FA Cup and have won the Carling Cup. In the Premiership all we can do is keep winning and see if the next step is to close the gap or to open the gap.

"If the next step is to open the gap it's very, very difficult. If [Chelsea] close the gap and we can go from six points to four points, then everything is open."

full back

He is a complete feckin whinge.
Considering the luck Chelsea have had & crying about DIVING!!!!!!!!!!

Norf Tyrone

Chelsea have had little luck this year IMHO in certain aspects. For example scoring last minute winners isn't really luck at all. It's about perserverance and belief and all those corny phrases.

I think the main 'luck' this year, has been that United have had no major injuries, and picked up no red cards at all in the league.

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gold

wots the story with Abramovic??

Any truth in this rift with Jose ??
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Norf Tyrone

Well no matter what they say behind the scenes the evidence doesn't look good. The major stumbling block over the next 4-6 weeks will be if Chelsea offer contracts to Jose's back room staff, Clarke, Brito, etc etc. They are all out of contract in June I believe.

If they get contracts...Jose stays.

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Norf Tyrone

Geez I didn't think managing my own thread would be so much hard work!

Another good (ish) week from the BiB. Terrible performance against Porto on Tuesday night salvaged by the promising Obi Mikel. Initially I couldn't see what this guy had at all, but credit to him he has slowly got better week on week.

Yesterday's draw was ok (and another ish here). Valencia are no mugs, but I'd still be fairly confident of beating them, with possibly a repeat of the 2005 sf to follow!

Spurs the moro! It's funny to think how a lot of people perceive Chelsea's season to be so far, yet victory tomorrow will see Chelsea competing for a quadruple until early April at the least! Keane and Robinson a big blow for Spurs, but Chelsea still need to guard against Berbatov and Lennon.

2-0 to Chelsea is my prediction Drogba and Essien.

Sat Mar  3   Portsmouth   A   2-0   17:15   Premiership   PPV
Tue Mar 6   Porto   H   2-1   19:45   Champions League 16   ITV
Sun Mar 11   Spurs   H      12:45   FA Cup 6   BBC
Wed Mar 14Man City   A      20:00   Premiership   SKY
Sat Mar 17   Sheff Utd   H      15:00   Premiership   
Sat Mar 31   Watford   A      17:15   Premiership   PPV
Wed Apr 4   Valencia   H      19:45   Champions League QF   
Sat Apr  7   Spurs   H      12:45   Premiership   SKY
Tue Apr 10   Valencia   A      19:45   Champions League QF   
Sun Apr 15   Manchester United   H      13:30   Premiership   SKY
Sat Apr 14                      N      15:00   FA Cup Semi   
Sat Apr 21   Newcastle United   A      15:00   Premiership   
Apr 24/25   PSV/Liverpool   H      19:45   Champions League SF   
Sat Apr 28   Bolton Wanderers   H      15:00   Premiership   
May 1/2   PSV/Liverpool   A      19:45   Champions League SF   
Sat May  5   Arsenal                   A      15:00   Premiership   
Sun May 13Everton                   H      15:00   Premiership   
TBD   West Ham United   A      15:00   Premiership   
Sat May 19                      N      15:00   FA Cup Final   
Wed May 23      N      19:45   Champions League Final   

Syd The Sailor

The Liverpool & Manure threads have been going for a good while now and the Chelsea one has just started, this thread is a bit like the club itself.....No history......
"I coulda been a contender.....i could've been somebody"

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Syd The Sailor on March 11, 2007, 03:44:58 PM
The Liverpool & Manure threads have been going for a good while now and the Chelsea one has just started, this thread is a bit like the club itself.....No history......

You should really read back on the thread Syd before posting.
[url][http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/martin_samuel/article1415316.ece/url]

Chelsea are over 100 years old, so how have they no history?

Syd The Sailor

Because you will be a mid table team again when Abramovich gets fucked off with youse and heads back to Russia. You really should have the offside rule explained on this thread as i would imagine most of the Chelsea fans are "new" to the game......

Norf Tyrone

Sorry I think you misunderstood the first time I asked it, so I'll try again.

The Truth

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 11, 2007, 08:04:24 PM
Sorry I think you misunderstood the first time I asked it, so I'll try again.

I would think Syd meant that you have no "history" of success before the Russkie came along and most people cant see him sticking around indefinetley.
"We serve neither King nor Kaiser"

Norf Tyrone

History isn't about success. History is about everything that makes a Club what it is, the good and the bad. History is about Chelsea being the first Club to qualify for the European Cup in 1955, history is about the fantastic team of the 70s with Osgood, Cooke and co, history is about having to sell all of them players because the Club built a stand(!), history is about being 3 minutes from division 3 (old money) in 1983 only for Clive Walker to pull it out of the bag, history is about Chelsea beating the Liverpool in 1982 in the FA Cup 2-1, history is about John Neal taking over and wheeling and dealing the likes of Nevin, Dixon and Speedie to bring Chelsea to within sniffing distance of a league title, history is about making a balls of it, history is about almost going out of business in the mid 80s as Carver estates with their advisor David Dein looking to evict Chelsea from Stamford Bridge, history is about Ken Bates getting stuck in a taxi minutes from the court room and having to run(!!) to get a high court injunction served, history is about winning the full members and the ZDS cup and celebrating, history is about having the worst holigan elemant of nearly every Club in the country, history is getting to the 94 Cup final against Man Utd with almost a quarter of century of hurt ready to be blew away, history is hitting the bar and getting beat 4-0, history is about Hoddle leaving and Chelsea about to appoint George Graham only for the Chelsea fans to tell them to shove it up their holes, and sexy football is born. History is about Zola, Le Bouef, Vialli, Hughes. History is about a man called Matthew Harding trying to take over the Club he loves, and then being killed in a air accident. History is about saying 'this is our year' (Again!!) before going 2-0 down to Liverpool at half time and thinking we've f***ed it up. History is about winning 4-2! History is about waiting 26 years to get to a Cup final, and then wishing for 89 minutes 17 seconds that it was over. History is about Stockholm, and heading to the toilet as Zola comes off the bench and slams it home. History is about Trevor Birch going into the dressing room in May 2003, and telling the players that if Chelsea don't win today then the Club is probably gone. History is 2 hours later, and 2-1 winners. History is a fairy godmother from Serbia fulfilling the dreams of every football fan. History is Ranieri finally beating Arsenal, and Wayne Bride securing immortality. History is about TSO (c), and 2 league titles. History is about everything that we do in every day life that bends and shapes us.

Only the winning is achievement.

Syd The Sailor

Have you been drinking? History is about shitting yourselves in the biggest match in the clubs history at Anfield 2 yrs ago.........

Norf Tyrone

Syd....your fond of the slaging, and the insults, but you avoid giving direct answers to the questions.

Yer not a politician are you?