All Ireland Club Championships

Started by revsperminute, December 10, 2019, 10:56:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyroneman

Just curious....but why do so many Down folks dislike Kilcoo?

Oraisteach

Would someone please go to the locker room and tell the Kilcoo team To put down their tea cups. Everyone is waiting for them to take the field for the extra time.

Nanderson

Quote from: tyroneman on January 19, 2020, 09:31:47 PM
Just curious....but why do so many Down folks dislike Kilcoo?
Jealousy more or less

Main Street

Quote from: hardstation on January 19, 2020, 09:25:34 PM
Corofin player makes a meal of it no doubt but I can't blame the ref for this booking. If you lift your hand to someone's throat, you run the risk. Part and parcel of "playing on the edge". Sometimes you'll get away with it, sometimes you won't.

https://mobile.twitter.com/paddyjjohnston/status/1218936862980694016
Are you referring to Corofin player nr 7  having a Kilcoo hand near his throat just before he does a theatrical back flip?
Afaics the Kilcoo player was just passively blocking Nr 7's  chest in case he got involved with the Kilcoo player on the ground.
It was a nothing contact, but a piece of theatre by the Corofin lad.

Cunny Funt

I see there was 25,930 at Croke Park today, the attendance up from 17,819 at the final on Paddy's Day last year.

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

befair

BennyCake

As a spectacle today, football is truly in a sorry state. I think Pat Spillane's description of puke was apt again.

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

fearsiuil

Quote from: hardstation on January 19, 2020, 09:25:34 PM
Corofin player makes a meal of it no doubt but I can't blame the ref for this booking. If you lift your hand to someone's throat, you run the risk. Part and parcel of "playing on the edge". Sometimes you'll get away with it, sometimes you won't.

https://mobile.twitter.com/paddyjjohnston/status/1218936862980694016
Looks like Corofin no.7 Dylan Wall raises Kilcoo lad's hand to his face to get him in trouble, his exaggerated fall is pure put on.

Eire90

So attendance was up from ST.Patricks day would that be because on ST.Patricks day there are other things going on.

larryin89

How big is the corofin catchment area and has this area extended over the years ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

shark

Quote from: larryin89 on January 20, 2020, 07:10:31 AM
How big is the corofin catchment area and has this area extended over the years ?

They basically have everything north of Claregalway right up to Tuam. It is all rural, but covers a lot of ground. In laws are from a rival club, and Corofin's perceived large pick is a bone of contention. 

Manning18

Quote from: galwayman on January 19, 2020, 08:13:16 PM
Quote from: highorlow on January 19, 2020, 06:49:50 PM
Tuam must be kicking themselves tonight.
There's zero chance they would have won the All Ireland to be fair.
Much like Mountbellew who took Corofin to a replay the year before,
they don't have the quality to do anything outside Galway.

Mountbellew versus Ballintubber in Connacht would be 50/50. Similar with Tuam and Annaghdown. It'd be a right good championship if ya took Corofin out of it, I suspect there's 5 or 6 teams on a similar level. They'd probably all fall slightly short at All Ireland level, but would be good to see it and find out at least

square_ball

It's time to introduce the spray they have in soccer for free kicks. I'd be be surprised if any free today was kicked from where the foul was particularly the last one in normal time. https://twitter.com/kevinconnor1/status/1218950598944534528?s=21