Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Coleraine will be far too strong for gorts . Dunloy will get it tough too but hopefully will win.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 14, 2019, 08:13:21 AM
Coleraine will be far too strong for gorts . Dunloy will get it tough too but hopefully will win.

Their speech after their Derry final win was about getting to an All Ireland Final not an Ulster. They still believe that they left it behind them against Glenmore in 2016. I would say though they are possibly not as strong as they were then.  If Gorts met them 4 weeks ago id go for them, but ER have now 4-5 weeks of hurling under their belt.  Anyhow Gorts have to beat winners of Sean Traceys/Newry who wont roll over either.

Keady are the big threat now for St Endas. Powerful big men who brushed Setanta aside yesterday. Setanta started that game with 7 outsiders, all quality players and would have fancied themselves.

I just get a feeling Slaughtneil are not there mentally for an Ulster Campaign, but that is based on gut feeling really and nothing more than that. The defeat in the football against Glen hit them really hard.

CornerBackNo2

Any word on who Darren Gleeson is bringing in as part of his management team?

imtommygunn

A mere 18 point win for Dunloy. Should be a very interesting final now.

Na Glinntí Glasa

thought we played well yesterday. harried and tackled all over the pitch and didnt let Ballycran get any space or time. decent performance but it will take a better one to beat Sneill.

they are the team to beat at this level for the last lot of years and they will be tough as hell in the final again.
hurl like f**k boi!

Pearse Blue

Not convinced on St Endas, extra time with Bredagh and still struggled to dismantle them

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 28, 2019, 09:41:11 AM
Not convinced on St Endas, extra time with Bredagh and still struggled to dismantle them

Banagher have to be kicking themselves, should have beat St Endas to be fair.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 28, 2019, 09:57:16 AM

Yeah they had their chance, you've got to get over the line though..

The final will be interesting, Keady would have been fancied but The Dungannon lads have upset the odds and will certainly come into the final against St Endas knowing their opposition very well having played them twice in the league this year. I ref'd one of these games and it will be close.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 28, 2019, 11:32:19 AM

The final will be interesting, Keady would have been fancied but The Dungannon lads have upset the odds and will certainly come into the final against St Endas knowing their opposition very well having played them twice in the league this year. I ref'd one of these games and it will be close.

Banagher are a senior championship team - shouldn't be in Int. Ulster championship in my opinion.

Coleraine, at full strength, could be in Int. also.

marty34

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 28, 2019, 09:35:22 AM
thought we played well yesterday. harried and tackled all over the pitch and didnt let Ballycran get any space or time. decent performance but it will take a better one to beat Sneill.

they are the team to beat at this level for the last lot of years and they will be tough as hell in the final again.

What's the aveage age of this team DR - Eoin O'Neill Koby and Molloy have filled out well - physically strong now. O'Neill was very good yesterday I thought.  Great understanding between the 3 of them.

Should be a big crowd at the final in 2 weeks I'd say.

Antrim Coaster

Bredagh are a good side. It was a case on the day where both defences were solid and free takers stepped up to the mark. Endas won the first half 0-10 to 0-4 with a very strong breeze behind them. Second half Bredagh won it 0-10 to 0-4 with the breeze.

There was a point credited to Endas which did not go over the bar. It was a wide and one of the linesmen mentioned that to the referee via walkie talkie who ignored it. But Endas wont care. They're in an Ulster final and although they have come through 2 very tough battles, Im just not 100% convinced on them yet.

Dungannon will present a much tougher challenge and I reckon the final will be a poc of the ball between them with the free takers again coming to the fore, McGoldrick for Enda's and Casey for Dungannon.

The junior match was another mismatch. Inniskeen won the Ulster JHC a few years ago and I was expecting a lot more from them. Coleraine did what they had to do and always play well as a team. At the same time I still think they will take Newry Shamrocks.

Im surprised at Gorts though although one or two people are of the opinion they're a one man team, hit it into Dessie McClean and he'll do the rest.

The senior games went as predicted and the Ballycran lad who lashed out at Nigel Óg really let his side down as well as himself.

Although the Crans had a purple patch just before half time where they pinned Dunloy to 4 -5 points, it was going to take a monumental effort to overcome the CuChullains with 14 men in the second half.

Its easy to be seen that the Dunloy lads weights programme has yielded results. Their upper body strength was evident and a few of those lads have well filled out.

Dunloy and Slaughtneil should be a good final and the bookies wont be giving much away when it comes to setting the odds for it.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: marty34 on October 28, 2019, 11:55:49 AM

Banagher are a senior championship team - shouldn't be in Int. Ulster championship in my opinion.

Look, if they were senior level, they would have won easily. Derry only have 2 senior teams imo Lynches and Slaughtneil. Coleraine are intermediate level though. Anyhow Antrim have been playing intermediate sides in junior for years and Donegal have been playing their senior champions there. Only reason Setanta went to intermediate is coz they won it in 2016

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Yep they didn't win and that's it

Agreed it will be a good final, hard to call

marty34

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 28, 2019, 12:37:20 PM
Quote from: marty34 on October 28, 2019, 11:55:49 AM

Look, if they were senior level, they would have won easily. Derry only have 2 senior teams imo Lynches and Slaughtneil. Coleraine are intermediate level though. Anyhow Antrim have been playing intermediate sides in junior for years and Donegal have been playing their senior champions there. Only reason Setanta went to intermediate is coz they won it in 2016

Banagher were in Derry finals a few times recently and didn't have to qualify recently - straight into semi-final.  Not fair on other clubs in Ulster when a 'senior team' drops down to Intermediate.  They are a senior championship team.

Re: Donegal teams - that's a different story - they're at a totally different club level.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: marty34 on October 28, 2019, 11:59:16 AM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 28, 2019, 09:35:22 AM

What's the aveage age of this team DR - Eoin O'Neill Koby and Molloy have filled out well - physically strong now. O'Neill was very good yesterday I thought.  Great understanding between the 3 of them.

Should be a big crowd at the final in 2 weeks I'd say.

Eoin, Coby, Keelan, Conor Kinsela are all the same age. think they are all 20. Ryan elliott is 22, think Ronan Molloy is 21 as is Eamon Smyth

Seaan elliott , Ryan McGarry Anton McGrath and Aaron crawford are 19

They would be possibly younger now than Sneill are now but i cant be sure
hurl like f**k boi!