Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saffrongael

Have St Endas blow ins strengthened them ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 10, 2019, 07:54:59 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on October 10, 2019, 06:16:31 PM
Quote from: ciaran1988 on October 10, 2019, 05:03:04 AM
Ulster campaigns throw in this weekend for St Endas in the Intermediate and Gort Na Mona in the junior, how do we see our (Antrim) teams doing.

I'm really looking forward to the St Endas game think it will be some battle and the winner will walk the rest. Banagher will be a tough nut to crack having just dropped down from Derry senior. Big difference of opinion with Paddy Power going St Endas 4/6 Banagher 6/4 and BoyleSports going St Endas 6/5 Banagher  8/11. As much as I don't like to say it I think Banagher are great bet with Paddy at 6/4

Hard to call st endas v Banagher. In the junior should be gorts but eunans will be far fitter team which might level it

Very difficult to call, we were very lucky to come away with a win last year v Swatragh so the question would be, are Banagher better than Swatragh were last year and are St Endas better than us this year? 

I've seen St Endas a good few times this year, they are a lot stronger now than last year. Who's playing for Banagher? The Lynch's playing? Any county players?

Banagher much stronger than Swa last year, not sure about yous v St Endas. Aye usual lads for Banagher-Lynch, McCloskeys etc

bannside

I'd say that Sticks is their main man. Not only that but has been easily the best football goalkeeper too in Derry these last 15 years.

johnnycool

Any talk of you lads in Antrim moving to U11, U13, U15, U17 and U19 next year?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: bannside on October 11, 2019, 08:52:27 AM
I'd say that Sticks is their main man. Not only that but has been easily the best football goalkeeper too in Derry these last 15 years.

Great keeper in both codes

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: johnnycool on October 11, 2019, 09:22:45 AM
Any talk of you lads in Antrim moving to U11, U13, U15, U17 and U19 next year?

Here in Derry nothing has been decided, balls really as we have already formed our groups for next year based on old grades.

Stillwater2

I am hearing that it will change, seems to be common knowledge.

Just waiting on the county telling us offically. :-\ :( :o

johnnycool

Quote from: Stillwater2 on October 11, 2019, 10:50:01 AM
I am hearing that it will change, seems to be common knowledge.

Just waiting on the county telling us offically. :-\ :( :o

Down CB have agreed to follow the directive from Croke Park to move to the new age groups Im led to believe.

I think Croke Park still have to rubber stamp this and I thought it was supposed to happen at this special congress but I see nothing on it's clar about it.

The likes of National Feile is staying U14 though.

Go games look to be moving up to U13 rather than down to U11.

saffman

Quote from: Saffrongael on October 10, 2019, 09:59:45 PM
Have St Endas blow ins strengthened them ?

Think its fair to say their new lads have certainly strengthened them, along with the return of some of their own boys. From what I seen last year there seems to be 4/5 new boys in the starting line up.

From the various reports the st endas lads seem to speak highly of sambo and seem to credit him with alot of the changes this year too.

On paper and from previous years Id say banagher are favourites and deserve their tag as so, a betting man would have to agree.

However I also feel this match could determine alot of the future for st endas, win and win ulster they'll be seen as team on the rise in div 1 next year, lose and theyll be viewed as an intermediate side for easy points and relagation.

Milltown Row2

Well done St Endas, by all accounts the weather was horrendous and they did enough to get over the line, big Philly with an opportunist goal
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 13, 2019, 03:49:45 PM
Well done St Endas, by all accounts the weather was horrendous and they did enough to get over the line, big Philly with an opportunist goal

Banagher no slouches and only for a mistake shouid have won, st endas to lose now.

Gorts struggled in letterkenny, won't be good enough to win this at that rate. Coleraine for junior

Antrim Coaster

I thought Banagher were the better team on the day.

The sideline cut was dropped by Sticks in the Banagher goal and flicked into the net by Philly Curran.

Sticks had been causing Endas problems with his long range poc outs and frees and was having a good game.

Up until the goal it looked like Banagher were going to win, especially as the first score of the second half came in the 17th minute of play.

The goal obviously revitalised Endas who pinged over a couple of points to seal a win that didn't look likely given their performance up until then.

Would have to question the 'wisdom' of the Ulster Council to schedule 2 matches on the same day on a heavy pitch which resulted in a lot of mistakes and missed pick ups.

Usually Owenbeg is in great shape but I think it has been over used recently with most of the football championship matches played there.

The first match was a complete mismatch and to be honest Mullahoran should never have been asked to play in an Ulster JHC until Cavan get their own house in order when it comes to hurling. 

saffman

Antrim treble in Ulster?
After yesterdays results I really do fancy it myself now

Saffrongael

Quote from: saffman on October 14, 2019, 07:10:50 AM
Antrim treble in Ulster?
After yesterdays results I really do fancy it myself now

Would be some achievement
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Antrim Coaster

I wouldnt rule out Slaughtneil.

By all accounts they are ready for Ulster and I think it will take a good team to stop them.

Dunloy have some unfinished business with them provided they get past Ballycran who would need to put up a much better show than they did v Cushendall last year when their free takers choked in front of the posts.

Intermediate is not a given either. Dungannon, Keady and Bredagh are all handy outfits and going by yesterday's performance Endas wouldn't set the heather on fire especially as they now play Bredagh who'll be well up for the challenge.

Same with Gorts. I wonder if they learned from their mistakes of a couple of years ago when they faced Setanta. Going by their showing that day, they totally underestimated their opponent and probably took them for granted.

Setanta absolutely ran them ragged with Danny Cullen all over the pitch. Gorts indiscipline cost them that day. I wonder if they went into their match with St Eunan's with the same attitude - if so it almost cost them.

Id go for Coleraine to take the junior.