Hurling Championship 2017

Started by seafoid, May 19, 2017, 10:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: seafoid on September 04, 2017, 07:04:34 PM
John Fogarty @JohnFogartyIrl·20h

Picking now? O'Keeffe; Coughlan Burke Connors Mannion, McInerney Coleman; Barron Moran; Walsh Canning C Cooney Whelan Horgan McGrath. #GAA

No Lee Chin or paudie Maher
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

AZOffaly

Quote from: seafoid on September 04, 2017, 05:35:52 PM
What were your highlights of the hurling this year?

Cannings last gasp point v Tipp is the biggest highlight in my view. That won the All Ireland

Captain Obvious

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

macdanger2

Well done Galway, delighted for them. Tough on waterford though

An Fhairche Abu

Great to be there on Sunday to witness deliverance day for the hurlers, very emotional scenes at the end for the hurling community in Galway, plenty in tears of joy after the final whistle. The minor game was a dinger as well.

While I was delighted with the Galway win (which was merited and deserved on the day) I also felt sorry for Waterford, there is no joy in beating a county that are in the same boat as Galway in terms of striving for a long waited Liam McCarthy.
Waterford's supporters were a credit to their home-place in the aftermath as well, extremely sporting after a very tough defeat.

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on September 05, 2017, 10:02:36 AM
Great to be there on Sunday to witness deliverance day for the hurlers, very emotional scenes at the end for the hurling community in Galway, plenty in tears of joy after the final whistle. The minor game was a dinger as well.

While I was delighted with the Galway win (which was merited and deserved on the day) I also felt sorry for Waterford, there is no joy in beating a county that are in the same boat as Galway in terms of striving for a long waited Liam McCarthy.
Waterford's supporters were a credit to their home-place in the aftermath as well, extremely sporting after a very tough defeat.

D mc Grath comes across as a real gentleman and was clearly in bits after the match
Some of the flak he has got in the media was uncalled for
If Waterford would have went 15 on 15 on Sunday there would be more than 3 points in it
He was maybe a bit to trusting if Gleeson
Should  have been whipped off early in second half

MoChara

Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 05, 2017, 11:22:53 AM

D mc Grath comes across as a real gentleman and was clearly in bits after the match
If Waterford would have went 15 on 15 on Sunday there would be more than 3 points in it

Its a hard call though a few people would say Canning should have been taken on during the semi but he ended up the difference

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: MoChara on September 05, 2017, 12:32:29 PM
Quote from: north_antrim_hound on September 05, 2017, 11:22:53 AM

Its a hard call though a few people would say Canning should have been taken on during the semi but he ended up the difference
how could McGrath possibly be criticized?
Waterford went away from their short passing game and it all fell apart for them. launching long balls down on a defence full of lads over 6ft  3".
I thought Austin would come into it the last ten minutes when it opened up a bit but instead he got a bit petulant and never got on the ball.

GalwayBayBoy

The Waterford supporters were great. Most of them stayed in the stadium for David Burke's speech. I know from past experiences I've often wanted to just get out of the ground as quickly as possible once the final whistle blows. In fairness the Galway supporters were lining up to shake their hands as they left. We've been in that position often enough ourselves I guess so know what it's like for them unfortunately.

Great scenes at the end. There were two Brazilians behind me who have been living in Gort for over a decade. Their son plays underage for the club and was in the Hill with his mates. They were at all the Galway games this Summer and were decked out in the maroon and white. Both quite emotional at the end. What a day.

Got the train back down on Sunday evening and I think there was just a great sense of relief and contentment amongst the older Galway supporters. The youngsters meanwhile had the train half shaking off the tracks with singing and lads dancing on tables or down the aisle. Roars of laughter all the way home. Some craic.  Can't beat days like that.

manfromdelmonte

Galway hurlers didn't bother walking the cup over the Shannon or Suck.
ara sure why bother. it's only been 29 years

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on September 05, 2017, 10:08:40 PM

Sure it's all water under the bridge now😊

shark

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on September 05, 2017, 10:08:40 PM

Clare crossed the Shannon with Liam 3 times in that period. I realise I'm being pedantic.

theskull1

Up in this place made of dark matter, the Brethren just throw a bucket of water across the road and you cross over it instead. Just as powerful as doing it for real
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on September 05, 2017, 11:49:35 PM
Up in this place made of dark matter, the Brethren just throw a bucket of water across the road and you cross over it instead. Just as powerful as doing it for real

When I was told this, I thought it was a piss take. Turns out it is true........
Nut jobs.