Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Is the Coalisland v Clonoe league game on tonight?

EC Unique

Quote from: kicking king on September 01, 2010, 09:56:25 AM
senior championship semi-finals 1st weekend of October Kildress v Coalisland on 1st or 2nd and Carmen v Omagh on 3rd

Does this mean that if Justin Mc Mahon gets a 4 weeks suspension then he plays in semi?

Club Rossa

Justin McMahon misses Omagh's next championship game,no matter what date it's on.

Wee Roddy

I would be the last person to be crying for suspensions as my own club has suffered more than most over the years but can anyone tell me was the melee in Pomeroy last Sunday night any different or less of a row than what happened in the league final last year? There is serious double standards at play here. Omaghs record of being involved in this type of thing is not good yet Carrickmore are involved in 1 in 12 years and it costs them a league title!

Norf Tyrone

The Tyrone Minor Championship S/Final game E.Ciaran V. Cookstown fixed for Donaghmore has had to be switched due to Death in the Donaghmore Club. The new Venue is Killeeshil at 6.45pm tonight.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

EC Unique

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 01, 2010, 11:45:32 AM
I would be the last person to be crying for suspensions as my own club has suffered more than most over the years but can anyone tell me was the melee in Pomeroy last Sunday night any different or less of a row than what happened in the league final last year? There is serious double standards at play here. Omaghs record of being involved in this type of thing is not good yet Carrickmore are involved in 1 in 12 years and it costs them a league title!

Maybe rephrase that to 'cost you the chance to field a better team in the replay' ;)

Muzz

Wasnt at the League Final but was at Pomeroy!

This melee personally I think was nothing more than handbags - as I already said.  The only thing that made it into a melee was that all players decided to join the handbags!!!

There may have been boxes thrown but were tame if anything.  It was a hard hitting game that boiled over into pushing a shoving and a man getting sent off for throwing ball at a players head (I did not see Wylie throwing this supposed headbutt).

Mr. Nakata

Is there any word of the melee in Pomeroy being reviewed by the authorities. I was there myself and thought it was pretty tame compared to last year's league final. Mainly handbags. Though it has to be said I was in the covered stand which was at the far side from said melee. McMahaon jabbed Coleman a wee tickler in the ribs after he was rugby tackled and Coleman had him in a bear hug preventing him taking the free. Didn't see what the Ardboe lad got the line for, though people said it was a head butt.

Wee Roddy

EC Sorry about that. Thats what I meant anyhow :)
Really and truely was the league final not a chase of about 8 players involved and the rest out of the way. Sunday nights looked worse from where I was with a lot of punching going on even if it was with "handbags". A couple of handbags made right oul marks on faces!

on the sideline

Quote from: Club Rossa on September 01, 2010, 11:35:03 AM
Justin McMahon misses Omagh's next championship game,no matter what date it's on.

Will he miss league games over the next month or is it just suspension from championsip for being sent off in the championship?

Zapatista

Quote from: on the sideline on September 01, 2010, 02:19:37 PM

Will he miss league games over the next month or is it just suspension from championsip for being sent off in the championship?

One game I think. I think Wylies will carry over to 2011 first round too?

on the sideline

Quote from: Zapatista on September 01, 2010, 02:23:36 PM

One game I think. I think Wylies will carry over to 2011 first round too?

so suspensions picked up as result of straight reds in championship games dont effect league games?

supersarsfields

If they get a month then each player will miss at least one game in that competition ( Championship in this case) no matter if it's the next round or the first round next year and any other games that fall within the month time frame (both league and championship). In other words you have to miss at least one game in that competition no matter when it is. 

I think!!

healypark

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 01, 2010, 01:57:00 PM
EC Sorry about that. Thats what I meant anyhow :)
Really and truely was the league final not a chase of about 8 players involved and the rest out of the way. Sunday nights looked worse from where I was with a lot of punching going on even if it was with "handbags". A couple of handbags made right oul marks on faces!

Wee Rod u seem to have an unhealthy affliction with this one I wonder why :)
You forgot about last year's league final incident where a supporter 'connected' with an errigal player, never mind the involvement of both sub benches & mgt!! Sure old news!! As for Sunday past – in the books of Eamon Quayle/Stevie Coney/Eddie Duffy, it surely was 'handbags'. Didn't see too many marks or anybody from the Order of Malta at pitch side!! Fair play to both teams in the spirit that the game was played in up to and after this flashpoint.

As for the game, thought Omagh were very lucky to get through. Ardboe were wasteful (thankfully). Kyle Coney seemed to drop very deep for the ball. He was the main danger throughout. Would have been tough for Omagh to come back after this one if the reverse result. Probably more tougher for Ardboe after 1 pt defeats in both last year's cship & league. 

Any word on venues for the semi finals?

healypark

Would expect him to be suspended from all games including league ones that fall in the next 4 weeks. Plus next championship game whenever its scheduled.