Tom Parsons

Started by Jinxy, May 31, 2018, 09:55:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Don't like Gilroy at all.
The way he ends every sentence with a question mark, even when there is no actual question, really bugs me.
Richie McCormack and Nathan Murphy try WAY too hard to be funny and generate 'bantz'.
Molloy is head & shoulders above all of them.
Knows when to speak and when to listen.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

trileacman

Mc Intyre is the worst. Not a single original thought has ever entered that mans head. A complete know-it-all, re-hash gobshite. He's so bad I'd rather listen to the RTE lads before him and I go out of m way not to listen to the RTE lads.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

trileacman

Gilroy I don't find too bad but I understand what you mean by saying he leaves every sentence hanging as a question. OTB is better than RTE on the whole but at the same time OTB still has a lot of cliched views of sport and GAA too.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

omaghjoe

I saw the video there Horrific,

Hard to see how he could get back to football from it, walking might even be tough. but all the best to him

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 31, 2018, 10:19:45 AM
Amazing positivity. Joe Molloy is a superb interviewer. A career in the BBC beckons.

The BBC are welcome to him. He was a talking arse the last time I listened to him, and he was shocking presenting the rugby - although I will concede that being saddled with a panel of deadbeats didn't help him any.

Gael85

Was in gym today in Westpark Tallaght and Tom Parsons was doing a bit of gym work. Hopefully we will see him back in action next year.

orangeman

Quote from: Gael85 on July 11, 2018, 06:03:16 PM
Was in gym today in Westpark  Tallaght and Tom Parsons was doing a bit of gym work. Hopefully be back in action next year.

It would be great to see alright but his injury was brutal. Getting back to playing any sort of ball will be incredible. Long road ahead for him.

Syferus

Was in gym today in Westpark Tallaght and Tom Parsons was doing a bit of gym work. Hopefully we will see him back in action next year.

If he even plays for his club in 2019 it will be a miracle.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on July 11, 2018, 06:15:51 PM

Yes, the silence on his recovery and his date of return, tell it's own story. A public forum is not the place to discuss this matter.

tonto1888

Quote from: From the Bunker on July 11, 2018, 08:03:49 PM

Yes, the silence on his recovery and his date of return, tell it's own story. A public forum is not the place to discuss this matter.

Why? People genuinely want to see him back playing and would like to know how he is doing in his recovery

screenexile

Quote from: tonto1888 on July 11, 2018, 08:17:13 PM

Why? People genuinely want to see him back playing and would like to know how he is doing in his recovery

Spoke to my knee surgeon the day after it happened and he was horrified about it! He said playing football again would be the very last consideration for that type of injury.

Fingers crossed it's not as bad as that and he makes a good recovery!

stephenite

Of course it's the place to discuss it, don't be ridiculous

Beffs

No, it doesn't. There IS no story yet regarding his recovery or his return date, because neither he nor his surgeon have a bulls notion as to when its going to be. His was a horrific injury & he is only now starting out on what will be a long & hard road to full day to day recovery, never mind match fitness. It'll be a long while yet before the medical professionals will be able to safely put dates on predictions. If they don't know, how are randomers are the internet supposed to even hazard a guess?

redzone

He got an automatic Honda jeep give to him there I see on Twitter

omagh_gael

Quote from: redzone on July 12, 2018, 12:09:01 PM
He got an automatic Honda jeep give to him there I see on Twitter

Wise the fecking bap, would ye. It was a Toyota 😉