Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I remember seeing the ladies on the beaches in Nice and St. Tropez for the first time as a young lad. Ahh the mammaries!

southdown

Honeymoon booked, 4 nights in Dubai followed by a week in the Maldives, cannot come quick enough!

Rois

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2014, 10:30:00 AM
Quote from: Rois on March 25, 2014, 10:08:31 AM
I'm off to the French Alps for my summer holidays this year...wrapping it in with my wedding  ;D
Then taking a few days in Nice afterwards.

Nice is nice ;)  Though the outer villages I liked more, the promenade in Nice is quality though

I would love to stay outside the city a bit as I've been to Nice before - up in the hills in a nice B&B or something - but himself wants to stay near the city centre.  Prices are a bit astronomical in July for the nice hotels - I am struggling to justify it, even if it is a "mini-moon". 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on March 25, 2014, 10:58:02 AM
I'm off to the French Alps for my summer holidays this year...wrapping it in with my wedding  ;D

Nice is nice ;)  Though the outer villages I liked more, the promenade in Nice is quality though

I would love to stay outside the city a bit as I've been to Nice before - up in the hills in a nice B&B or something - but himself wants to stay near the city centre.  Prices are a bit astronomical in July for the nice hotels - I am struggling to justify it, even if it is a "mini-moon".

Cagnes sur mer Is a great spot outside of Nice but close enough. they have a great Bastille day with the boats heading out to sea with the flares up and everyone is on the beach with wine food and watching the fireworks go off in Nice!!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2014, 11:25:54 AM

Cagnes sur mer Is a great spot outside of Nice but close enough. they have a great Bastille day with the boats heading out to sea with the flares up and everyone is on the beach with wine food and watching the fireworks go off in Nice!!
Oh my goodness - we'll be there for Bastille Day too!  Great info there, thank you. 

laoislad

Las Vegas is excellent. I would go back in a heartbeat.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rois on March 25, 2014, 11:59:06 AM

Oh my goodness - we'll be there for Bastille Day too!  Great info there, thank you.

It's not that far from Nice, like the next stop on the train, plenty of accomodation and a lot cheaper than Nice, in fairness though we got a cheap 2 nights in Nice when we arrived, nothing booked and it wasn't great but it was a B&B Hotel.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Mikhailov

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2014, 09:30:17 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 25, 2014, 09:23:16 AM
Never understood the attraction of Vegas. My idea of a 2/3 week warm holiday would be Ital or South of france.

Yes, in a villa if I can afford it but I've been many years on the camp sites in a moblie, the standard in these places is 4 star. For me it's gotta be South of France ( Frejus ) or Italy both places would do me, would easily do a month in either spot.

Load of books, beautiful beaches, fine wine good food and chilled out with the slow pace of life out there....

MR2 or any other poster -- where do you recommend for Italian holiday. The missus, 2 teen lads and myself - have been to Florida, Algarve x 4, Marbella x 2... in recent years so you get the drift. Nice accommodation, near beach, golf, villages, towns etc. If possible prefer to stay in condo style apartments within a hotel resort complex but maybe this is not popular in Italy. Will also consider South of France but intrigued by Italy so looking forward to your recommendations.,

Milltown Row2

Stayed in a campsite in San Vincenzo about an hours drive south of Pisa. I understand that the thought of campsites are not your thing but the  teenage lads will have plenty to do great spot and if you hire a car you can go wherever for the day from there.

Loved Italy, will head back

Billys Boots

Quote from: Rois on March 25, 2014, 11:59:06 AM

Anywhere in France on Bastille Day is an event to behold.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Mikhailov

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2014, 01:00:23 PM
Stayed in a campsite in San Vincenzo about an hours drive south of Pisa. I understand that the thought of campsites are not your thing but the  teenage lads will have plenty to do great spot and if you hire a car you can go wherever for the day from there.

Thanks MR, the campsite doesn't worry us at all - think lads would love it - it is their holiday as well remember. Is it a eurocamp idea or similar. Fly Pisa from Belfast....? actually beginning to think this could be a option

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 25, 2014, 01:52:04 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2014, 01:00:23 PM

Thanks MR, the campsite doesn't worry us at all - think lads would love it - it is their holiday as well remember. Is it a eurocamp idea or similar. Fly Pisa from Belfast....? actually beginning to think this could be a option

This was the site we stayed at, has night club for the teenagers and plenty food spots, wouldn't be too hot on the the on site restaurant but the lunch food at the pool bar is good enough, we had dinner either in the mobile or the town about mile down the road, or for  pizza in takeaway place just outside the camp (was Delicious and their restaurant was top notch)

http://www.selectcamp.co.uk/camping-tuscany/camping-park-albatros-2587?gclid=CO2I4vLrrb0CFdShtAodiWoAkA

I think we flew from Belfast, nearly sure we did. I'd go back to this campsite tomorrow. Oh and the beach is really close and as you get on to it one side is nudist and the other normal, I stayed on the border lol

JimStynes

Quote from: laoislad on March 25, 2014, 12:01:20 PM
Las Vegas is excellent. I would go back in a heartbeat.

You've everything you want all in the one place. I had a stag in Las Vegas and I have went twice with the wife. 2 completely different types of holidays and both excellent! Really chilled out holiday last year staying at the encore, lay by the pool, unreal restaurants, best entertainment in the world and the standard of hotel is ridiculous!

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 25, 2014, 12:43:06 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 25, 2014, 09:30:17 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 25, 2014, 09:23:16 AM
Never understood the attraction of Vegas. My idea of a 2/3 week warm holiday would be Ital or South of france.

Yes, in a villa if I can afford it but I've been many years on the camp sites in a moblie, the standard in these places is 4 star. For me it's gotta be South of France ( Frejus ) or Italy both places would do me, would easily do a month in either spot.

Load of books, beautiful beaches, fine wine good food and chilled out with the slow pace of life out there....

MR2 or any other poster -- where do you recommend for Italian holiday. The missus, 2 teen lads and myself - have been to Florida, Algarve x 4, Marbella x 2... in recent years so you get the drift. Nice accommodation, near beach, golf, villages, towns etc. If possible prefer to stay in condo style apartments within a hotel resort complex but maybe this is not popular in Italy. Will also consider South of France but intrigued by Italy so looking forward to your recommendations.,
Bella Italia near Lake Garda or Camping Norcenni Girasole near Figline Valdarno, south of Florence excellent for teenagers

Smokin Joe

10 year wedding anniversary is a month away ;D

We are looking at a European weekend away somewhere, any suggestions?

Already been to Amsterdam, Paris, Rome and Barcelona but apart from that........