Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynchbhoy

Any info or tips on Alghero, Sardinia anyone?
Restaurants, bars etc
Tia

Hardy

Quote from: lynchbhoy on April 24, 2013, 10:24:46 PM
Restaurants, bars etc
Tia

In bar poker in Sardinia, any five cards and a knife beats a royal flush.

ziggy90

Quote from: Hardy on April 25, 2013, 09:24:12 AM
Restaurants, bars etc
Tia

When are you going? Post up what you think of it when you come back if you would, it's another place I'd like to visit.

Hardy, that also applies around Brum.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

Lazer

Quote from: Rois on April 24, 2013, 03:28:03 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 24, 2013, 03:16:21 PM

Congrats Rois on the engagement, the build up to the big day is a tough slog but the day itself is class.

The problem is, I am having three such days  ;D

Need to get legally married in City Hall in Belfast first, then off to Chamonix for the chapel, then a wedding party when we get back.

Now, balladmaker, any suggestions of ballad makers for a Belfast do??  Time to resurrect the "wedding bands" thread maybe.

Congrats Rois!

PS - love the 3 day idea - Wish i had done that - I'm still sufferign post wedding blues 7 months after the wedding!
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

NAG1

Quote from: Lazer on April 26, 2013, 10:21:41 AM
Quote from: Rois on April 24, 2013, 03:28:03 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on April 24, 2013, 03:16:21 PM

Congrats Rois on the engagement, the build up to the big day is a tough slog but the day itself is class.

The problem is, I am having three such days  ;D

Need to get legally married in City Hall in Belfast first, then off to Chamonix for the chapel, then a wedding party when we get back.

Now, balladmaker, any suggestions of ballad makers for a Belfast do??  Time to resurrect the "wedding bands" thread maybe.

Congrats Rois!

PS - love the 3 day idea - Wish i had done that - I'm still sufferign post wedding blues 7 months after the wedding!

All well and good for the bride and groom a three day wedding, not just as much craic as a guest though?

Rois

I think you misunderstand - I will have one day where I need to sign the register at City Hall (no guests, just two signatories, no wedding dress, lunch-time from work job), then one day in Chamonix when the family and guests who choose to will be in France for holidays, and the third day is for people who aren't invited/can't make it to France back in Belfast.  Guests need pick only one!  (in many cases, will only be invited to one!)

Thanks for all the good wishes by the way! 

illdecide

I hate Italians...that's just because my wife is Italian :'(
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Bingo

Booked a week down in Youghal, Co Cork, self catering in August. Hopefully the weather is half decent.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Rois on April 26, 2013, 11:36:18 AM
I think you misunderstand - I will have one day where I need to sign the register at City Hall (no guests, just two signatories, no wedding dress, lunch-time from work job), then one day in Chamonix when the family and guests who choose to will be in France for holidays, and the third day is for people who aren't invited/can't make it to France back in Belfast.  Guests need pick only one!  (in many cases, will only be invited to one!)

Thanks for all the good wishes by the way!

Congrats Rois, enjoy the experience.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

lynchbhoy

Quote from: ziggy90 on April 25, 2013, 08:06:07 PM
Quote from: Hardy on April 25, 2013, 09:24:12 AM
Restaurants, bars etc
Tia

When are you going? Post up what you think of it when you come back if you would, it's another place I'd like to visit.

Hardy, that also applies around Brum.
Not going for a bit yet- but will post feedback when I return.
Prefer to go to the south of the island but limited by direct flights from Dublin.

Karl Kennedy

Has anyone ever been to Salou?
Currently looking at holiday there in July with 4 kids and 2 adults. Flights are fine & accommodation with Eurocamp fine too but the transfers from airport is ridiculous. Nearly £500 return. Can't go on a bus transfer or train as kids are too young too and want to avoid hassle of trains/buses etc.
was then thinking of hiring a 7 Seater but its between £500-£700.

Surely there has to be a cheaper option of taxi transfer or car hire. Has anyone experience the same problem or knows of a good car hire firm I could use.

laceer

Heading to Vancouver in a couple of weeks. Anyone been and can give me some pointers on what to do/see?

Milltown Row2

Off to Newcastle in a couple of weeks for a stag weekend. My passport runs out in June but I'm back a week before its out of date, I know I can use my drivers licence but do you need both parts or is my passport valid regardless
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hardy

Quote from: Karl Kennedy on May 06, 2013, 07:07:27 PM
Has anyone ever been to Salou?
Currently looking at holiday there in July with 4 kids and 2 adults. Flights are fine & accommodation with Eurocamp fine too but the transfers from airport is ridiculous. Nearly £500 return. Can't go on a bus transfer or train as kids are too young too and want to avoid hassle of trains/buses etc.
was then thinking of hiring a 7 Seater but its between £500-£700.

Surely there has to be a cheaper option of taxi transfer or car hire. Has anyone experience the same problem or knows of a good car hire firm I could use.

Try Solmar car rental. I've used them many times and they're good and very reasonable.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on May 10, 2013, 08:21:40 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 10, 2013, 07:40:08 PM
Off to Newcastle in a couple of weeks for a stag weekend. My passport runs out in June but I'm back a week before its out of date, I know I can use my drivers licence but do you need both parts or is my passport valid regardless
If your passport isn't out of date, it is certainly valid. ???

You don't need both parts of the driving licence btw.

Its sometimes needs to be valid for a certain length of time going to foreign places. Grand sorted. Thanks
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea