Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ha ha derry

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 02, 2012, 09:01:00 PM
Help needed in looking for 5 bedroom villa in Orlando, which sites would be best to view, I have googled but way too many to through. If you know any it would be great.

The in laws are taking us away again, they have booked the flights but no Villa yet, so any help would be great

Try vacationrentals.com i have used this site quite a lot.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 02, 2012, 09:06:37 PM
Any ideas bucks? Just talking about this over the Christmas, and no idea what to do. Have a 5 year old so don't want anything too hot, but it has to be July because of school holidays. We really enjoyed holidays in France and Portugal over the last few years. Was thinking of Italy, but would the lakes be very expensive in July?
the seasides towns down around Puglia and to a lesser extent calabria are supposed to be a lot cheaper. Never been but have a pal livingin calabria and he collaborates my research on the area. Better beaches and cheaper food. warmer weather too...
maybe not as much to do for the kids as the centreparks craic - know of freinds who regularly go to north florence/southern lakes regions every year and love it (they have kids)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: lynchbhoy on January 03, 2012, 03:55:38 PM
Any ideas bucks? Just talking about this over the Christmas, and no idea what to do. Have a 5 year old so don't want anything too hot, but it has to be July because of school holidays. We really enjoyed holidays in France and Portugal over the last few years. Was thinking of Italy, but would the lakes be very expensive in July?
the seasides towns down around Puglia and to a lesser extent calabria are supposed to be a lot cheaper. Never been but have a pal livingin calabria and he collaborates my research on the area. Better beaches and cheaper food. warmer weather too...
maybe not as much to do for the kids as the centreparks craic - know of freinds who regularly go to north florence/southern lakes regions every year and love it (they have kids)

Stayed in a place called San Vincenzo at a Keycamp place called Park Albatros. Great site and the weather was great.

Its about 40 / 60 minutes from Pisa, flew there from Dublin.

Cracking beaches also and the local towns were great, excursions to Elba which is very close
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

screenmachine

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 02, 2012, 09:01:00 PM
Help needed in looking for 5 bedroom villa in Orlando, which sites would be best to view, I have googled but way too many to through. If you know any it would be great.

The in laws are taking us away again, they have booked the flights but no Villa yet, so any help would be great

http://www.solana-resort.com/

Heading here later in the year and have heard good reports from a work colleague.  Hopefully they turn out grand, they look decent enough anyway.
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

ross4life

If you haven't been already i would recommend Sorrento & you could visit Pompeii,Capri & the Amalfi coastline while your there.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ziggy90

Quote from: ross4life on January 04, 2012, 06:32:02 PM
If you haven't been already i would recommend Sorrento & you could visit Pompeii,Capri & the Amalfi coastline while your there.
+1. Without doubt the best holiday I've ever had. It wouldn't be great for kids though unless they're into sightseeing. Also Rome is only a couple of hours away from Naples by train.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

camanchero

Anyone been to florida keys - which island has the best beaches/hotels/restaurants/nightlife etc

Also can anyone reccomend a good hotel in miami south beach?
Good pool (not overshadowed by high rises) , clean, decent sized rooms, near restaurants/bars etc
not necessarily on the beachfront but if on the main road across from the beach - would be fine..
TIA

Hashtag

Anyone ever been to the Algarve?

ross4life

Quote from: camanchero on March 14, 2012, 04:54:55 PM
Also can anyone reccomend a good hotel in miami south beach?
Good pool (not overshadowed by high rises) , clean, decent sized rooms, near restaurants/bars etc
not necessarily on the beachfront but if on the main road across from the beach - would be fine..
TIA

Would recommend the San Juan on Collins avenue prime location close to the restaurant/bars short walk to the beach, outdoor pool,spacious rooms & at decent price.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rois

Beachcomber on Collins Avenue - got it on Hotwire and it was abs perfect.  4 storeys so not a high rise, real art deco feel.  Lovely pool, backing onto the beach.  A short dander to the main "strip" bit.  Really couldn't fault it. 

Hardy

Quote from: Hashtag on April 18, 2012, 01:57:14 PM
Anyone ever been to the Algarve?

Millions every year, I hear.

tintin25

Folks,

Thinking of heading to the states for a holiday in the near future. Thing is, I have an unpaid medical bill (500-600 dollars) from when lived there previously (02-03 for internship). Is it likely to be flagged at immigration or that?

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: tintin25 on May 17, 2012, 06:26:46 PM
Folks,

Thinking of heading to the states for a holiday in the near future. Thing is, I have an unpaid medical bill (500-600 dollars) from when lived there previously (02-03 for internship). Is it likely to be flagged at immigration or that?

I believe they do, they keep all records of unpaid bills.
If you are lucky enough to get pass immigration, they could refuse to treat you if you need treatment of any kind when there again.
Phone wherever you owe the money and see if they have you on record still and offer to pay back £5 a month.

tintin25

Quote from: Armaghgeddon on May 17, 2012, 06:36:35 PM
Folks,

If you are lucky enough to get pass immigration, they could refuse to treat you if you need treatment of any kind when there again.
Phone wherever you owe the money and see if they have you on record still and offer to pay back £5 a month.

From research the hospital I went to has closed and is now some sort of health centre-phoned them but they have no record of me. They said that all other records from the previous hospital would be kept in the local city hall-don't even know if they would have records of actual bills.

Armaghgeddon

Quote from: tintin25 on May 17, 2012, 08:07:58 PM
Quote from: Armaghgeddon on May 17, 2012, 06:36:35 PM
Folks,

From research the hospital I went to has closed and is now some sort of health centre-phoned them but they have no record of me. They said that all other records from the previous hospital would be kept in the local city hall-don't even know if they would have records of actual bills.

Do you remember being sent any legal documents?