Diesel Dippers

Started by offtheground, April 15, 2010, 08:43:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: maximus on April 16, 2010, 12:02:01 AM
That's a bit harsh does no harm to help others out in these difficult economic times! I'm sure many on here have been helped by someone flashing the lights

No question, but what is the point in having a police force out on the roads then? They're out there to protect the public. If someone gets pulled over and fined for some violation, he'll think twice about doing it again. Might just save a life or prevent an injury too.

maximus

More in relation to the diesel (use the regular stuff myself) don't really see what damage is being done to the general public from lads using tractor diesel more a problem for government revenue! Wouldn't want to see somebody get a big fine if I could help them out is all I'm saying.

J70

Quote from: maximus on April 16, 2010, 12:11:53 AM
More in relation to the diesel (use the regular stuff myself) don't really see what damage is being done to the general public from lads using tractor diesel more a problem for government revenue! Wouldn't want to see somebody get a big fine if I could help them out is all I'm saying.

Well let's hope at least that the lad you save isn't relying on the government in any way!

maximus

They'll be treated the same by the government regardless of what fuel they use in the car! I doubt lost revenue from diesel caused the current problems!

J70

Quote from: maximus on April 16, 2010, 12:23:39 AM
They'll be treated the same by the government regardless of what fuel they use in the car! I doubt lost revenue from diesel caused the current problems!

No, but its a few pounds less to help those honest people who need it, and it adds up if a blind eye is turned towards it. And I'm sure plenty of the same boys filling the car up down at the hayshed are signing on later in the week.

maximus

J70

Quote from: hardstation on April 16, 2010, 12:54:43 AM
Quote from: J70 on April 16, 2010, 12:34:28 AM
Quote from: maximus on April 16, 2010, 12:23:39 AM

No, but its a few pounds less to help those honest people who need it, and it adds up if a blind eye is turned towards it. And I'm sure plenty of the same boys filling the car up down at the hayshed are signing on later in the week.
Nah, you just wrote that, you don't actually know if it is true or not.

Maybe things have changed since I was growing up in Donegal! :)

Main Street

What is/was the saving per liter of the dodgy diesel over the regular diesel?

JUst retired

Is`nt there a song about this subject? Seamus Moore I think, sang it. It`s called Flash the lights at me. Maybe ths dippers and fuzz have just heard of it and thought what a good idea to catch some hardened crimnals. They can`t catch the real ones.  ;D

sammymaguire

Quote from: Main Street on April 16, 2010, 01:19:24 AM

I think its about 40-50p per litre cheaper, i drive a 2.5 petrol and feel envious I could not stick it in at least once  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

maggie

Quote from: Main Street on April 16, 2010, 01:19:24 AM

A friend told me for 20 quid you get 16 litres of the regular stuff and 25 litres of green for the same price.

Hardy

Quote from: Puckoon on April 15, 2010, 08:36:55 PM
Sounds like bullshit to me. How can they prove you were flashing your lights to warn someone of impending police activity - and not just because you're an eejit. Maybe they can give you a driving citation - but otherwise it'd be a bit like a cop just arresting someone who was looking in the window of a shop because they thought they were going to rob it.

Could not stick I imagine.

The problem is, almost every charge sticks in the District Court (down here and I'm sure the system is similar up there). The lower court is just a fast-track processing system for almost automatic fines. The judge believes whatever the policeman says and fines/sentences as he fees like. You have an automatic right of appeal, but that costs money, so most people can't/don't bother to take it further.

That's a long-winded way of saying it's a bullshit charge that wouldn't stick in a higher court, but 90% of the time it won't get to that court.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: orangeman on April 15, 2010, 11:42:07 PM
There as a programme on radio Ulster, Talkback I think it as and there were people who rang in to say they had been fined for flashing lights going away fom speed traps.

It seems it's tre enough.

Surely if you flash your lights at someone who is approaching a checkpoint you are moving away from it...how do they know you are flashing your headlights...do they have spotters a half mile up the road??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

AFS

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on April 16, 2010, 09:08:53 AM
Quote from: orangeman on April 15, 2010, 11:42:07 PM
There as a programme on radio Ulster, Talkback I think it as and there were people who rang in to say they had been fined for flashing lights going away fom speed traps.

It seems it's tre enough.

Surely if you flash your lights at someone who is approaching a checkpoint you are moving away from it...how do they know you are flashing your headlights...do they have spotters a half mile up the road??

I've seen them have a couple of unmarked cars a half a mile down the road either side of the main checkpoint. Catches anyone that tries a late U turn. Sneaky f**kers.

balladmaker

Know the code of the border roads and flash the lights at me  ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiQ1kkknU_k