The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

I would imagine it's a bit of follow up to hid comments about the crowd after the Palace game.

Strange, but no harm to show a bit of passion.

laoislad

Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 13, 2015, 08:04:01 PM
Klopp obviously knows the crowd can make a big difference during home games.  Thought it a great move at end, also lets the players  know who they playing for.
Exactly.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Pub Bore

Embarrassing stuff from Klopp. Had Mourinho said and done that...

Pub Bore

Quote from: laoislad on December 13, 2015, 08:16:14 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on December 13, 2015, 08:04:01 PM
Klopp obviously knows the crowd can make a big difference during home games.  Thought it a great move at end, also lets the players  know who they playing for.
Exactly.
Wise up. A point at home against WBA??

ONeill

Don't forget, none of these are Klopp players. If he can squeeze anything more out of them through gimmicks like today then so be it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Quagmire

There's alot more interaction with the crowd and players after matches in Germany though, it's pretty commonplace to see things like that going on. There was a clip on Twitter earlier of the Dortmund team in a line like Liverpool in front of their support and the whole place singing Jingle Bells after their match!

annapr

Quote from: Quagmire on December 13, 2015, 11:57:38 PM
There's alot more interaction with the crowd and players after matches in Germany though, it's pretty commonplace to see things like that going on. There was a clip on Twitter earlier of the Dortmund team in a line like Liverpool in front of their support and the whole place singing Jingle Bells after their match!
I think this more or less is it on a nutshell.
It may have seen a tad odd to us but what you said is correct.
He said himself after the game he was thanking them for the atmosphere and not celebrating the result.
He has been critical of the Anfield atmosphere in his first few games so IMO yesterday was a smart move,it may seem unconventional to us but that's just the Klopp way.

Of course fans of other clubs(or one club in particular)are going to jump all over it and have a laugh,but it's just a way to mask how shite their own team may be doing atm.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: annapr on December 14, 2015, 08:27:12 AM
He said himself after the game he was thanking them for the atmosphere and not celebrating the result.
He has been critical of the Anfield atmosphere in his first few games so IMO yesterday was a smart move,it may seem unconventional to us but that's just the Klopp way.

Of course fans of other clubs(or one club in particular)are going to jump all over it and have a laugh,but it's just a way to mask how shite their own team may be doing atm.

Christ if they are shite and masking it how shite are Liverpool?? Couldn't make it up.... Two shit teams one is more shitter than the other

Now stop talking shit and in all honesty any other club (in top four) did that you'd be making fun of it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

laoislad

Quote from: J70 on December 13, 2015, 08:08:27 PM
I would imagine it's a bit of follow up to hid comments about the crowd after the Palace game.

Strange, but no harm to show a bit of passion.
What it has done is stop people talking about the game and how poor Liverpool actually were for most of it.
Maybe this was his intention!

Seriously though they were very poor for a lot of the game yesterday. They started well enough and Couthino had a great chance to put them ahead. Lovely buildup to Hendos goal also and a nice finish.
Shocking defending then for both their goals. They only really started playing then in the last 10mins and into injury time.
Benteke was muck.I wasn't sure about him when they signed him and he has done very little to prove me wrong so far.I wonder has he anyone lined up to bring in in January.
The Klopp era won't really start proper until he starts bringing in his own players. He has done a decent enough job so far though.

As for whatever that was at the end yesterday, the only ones who seem concerned about it are a few obsessed United fans.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

deiseach

Klopp should have shook Pulis's hand. Pulis is a maggot. You can be certain that if Lovren had injured a West Brom player in the manner Lovren was injured, Pulis would have been whining about how small clubs never get treated fairly. It is to Klopp's credit that he shrugged it  off as one of those things. The hand shake is a silly ritual though with no meaning one way or another. Do it and move on.

As for the celebration at the end, I'm in two minds about it. I like my professionals to be professional. They're all whores mercenaries and I'd rather the players weren't asked to make demonstrations of affection where the only affection is to their pay packet. Then again, anything which brings a bit of gaiety to the tetchy atmosphere in Anfield has to be a good thing. On balance, it was a nice gesture. At least they waited until the final whistle before making the gesture. Now celebrating a late goal before the game was over. That would have been cringeworthy. And I was more grateful than usual for the late goal. Without it, it wouldn't have been possible to laugh at Fearon's latest 'mementous' premature ejaculation about glorious glorious Tottenham Hostpur.

AZOffaly

Lads that might be a vital point come the end of the season :) With teams above them dropping points, that might make all the difference between a 7th and 8th place finish :)

Bingo

A lot seem to be suggesting that it was done to celebrate a draw. I don't think it was anything of the sort and was always going to happen. Even in defeat he would have marched them over to do it as means to apologise.

He built up a serious relationship between fans and players at Dortmund and this was a regular feature. It may have been mentioned but last year after a defeat he took the players over to the fans and had them chat with them. They were really struggling at this stage but he made sure it was about the fans rather than  the players.

Anfield can be a funeral home during games and he obviously wants to address this - praising the atmosphere yesterday, highlighting the importance of late goals, mentioning the early leavers a few weeks back.

Even today Henderson post match interview has been about the fans and how important they where.

Klopp doesn't give a dam what others think, his only concern is the 90 mins on the field and getting the result and he sees this an important factor as teams will come to Anfield and set up to defend knowing Liverpools struggles and they are entitled to do that. He will try and ensure its as uncomfortable as possible for them.

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 14, 2015, 09:00:48 AM
Quote from: annapr on December 14, 2015, 08:27:12 AM

Christ if they are shite and masking it how shite are Liverpool?? Couldn't make it up.... Two shit teams one is more shitter than the other

Now stop talking shit and in all honesty any other club (in top four) did that you'd be making fun of it

should you not be in the gym?

tiempo

Quote from: Bingo on December 14, 2015, 09:48:03 AM
A lot seem to be suggesting that it was done to celebrate a draw. I don't think it was anything of the sort and was always going to happen. Even in defeat he would have marched them over to do it as means to apologise.

He built up a serious relationship between fans and players at Dortmund and this was a regular feature. It may have been mentioned but last year after a defeat he took the players over to the fans and had them chat with them. They were really struggling at this stage but he made sure it was about the fans rather than  the players.

Anfield can be a funeral home during games and he obviously wants to address this - praising the atmosphere yesterday, highlighting the importance of late goals, mentioning the early leavers a few weeks back.

Even today Henderson post match interview has been about the fans and how important they where.

Klopp doesn't give a dam what others think, his only concern is the 90 mins on the field and getting the result and he sees this an important factor as teams will come to Anfield and set up to defend knowing Liverpools struggles and they are entitled to do that. He will try and ensure its as uncomfortable as possible for them.

You seriously think that if they had lost at home to West Brom he would have done it, and that it would have been a means to apologise... embarrassing. Open top bus parade today around Liverpool and match out on DVD by the end of the week.

deiseach

If I wasn't sure about wanting Dortmund in the Europa League before, I'm sure now.