The DUP thread

Started by armaghniac, December 31, 2022, 05:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Brendan on January 29, 2024, 08:06:24 PMGod its all so hilarious. How long can Donaldson go on as leader with no authority
This is what Donaldson did to Trimble.
Will Jamie Bryson move to the UUP?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on January 30, 2024, 01:14:10 PM
Quote from: Brendan on January 29, 2024, 08:06:24 PMGod its all so hilarious. How long can Donaldson go on as leader with no authority

Eh, there's no way Doug Beattie would entertain him, Doug is trying to get a few more Army type people like him in to tell the natives how to behave...

Let's see how Tim Collins does against Farry in North Down who both the DUP and UUP have targeted but as yet have failed to unseat.

imtommygunn

You have about as much chance of joining the UUP. As much chance of Starmer becoming a tory or Martin becoming SF.

seafoid

At some point the DUP will give way to the UUP. But when?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

Quote from: seafoid on January 30, 2024, 02:20:01 PMAt some point the DUP will give way to the UUP. But when?

I still don't see that happening.

There'll be even more hardening of views if SF keep maintaining good voting strength with Alliance picking up the middle ground and squeezing the UUP and to a lesser extent the DUP voters who realise the inevitability of a UI in whoever's lifetime, but the demographics are only going the one way.

Wee Jamie would be better riding all round himself to preserve the union.

imtommygunn

Voting has become more and polarised as time goes on. The UUP are somewhere between DUP and Alliance and tbh I don't think fully know their identity so I doubt voters will...

It's a pity as surely there is room for a sensible unionist party. (I still think there is more to Doug Beattie than meets the eye tbh and not necessarily positive - just something about him I am unsure of).

johnnycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 30, 2024, 02:33:53 PMVoting has become more and polarised as time goes on. The UUP are somewhere between DUP and Alliance and tbh I don't think fully know their identity so I doubt voters will...

It's a pity as surely there is room for a sensible unionist party. (I still think there is more to Doug Beattie than meets the eye tbh and not necessarily positive - just something about him I am unsure of).

He's like all unionists and deep down he believes that it was those pesky taigs that started all the killing and bombing for no good reason.
They still like to claim the moral high ground, he's no different.

marty34

Quote from: johnnycool on January 30, 2024, 02:06:50 PM

Eh, there's no way Doug Beattie would entertain him, Doug is trying to get a few more Army type people like him in to tell the natives how to behave...

Let's see how Tim Collins does against Farry in North Down who both the DUP and UUP have targeted but as yet have failed to unseat.

I'd say Collins, a softer unionist with 'credentials', is in there to beat Farry.

The DUP will step aside and it'll come down to a head to head between Collins and Farry.

Wee Jeff has been speaking a lot recently about united unionism etc. and this is the start of it. Bryson will be sidelined and the DUP will cosy up with the UUP and gain as many seats as possible.

A one party unionism if you like but make up of 2 parties.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: marty34 on January 30, 2024, 02:54:00 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on January 30, 2024, 02:06:50 PM

I'd say Collins, a softer unionist with 'credentials', is in there to beat Farry.

The DUP will step aside and it'll come down to a head to head between Collins and Farry.

Wee Jeff has been speaking a lot recently about united unionism etc. and this is the start of it. Bryson will be sidelined and the DUP will cosy up with the UUP and gain as many seats as possible.

A one party unionism if you like but make up of 2 parties.

Unionism in a nutshell. They tear each other apart and then line up for the pacts at election time. Even Allister and Bryson will play ball come election time. As much as they would love to run as anti protocol candidates they will only end up risking a unionist loss even in places like Lagan valley strangfird east Antrim they have to be careful in case Alliance sneak through.

Orior

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 30, 2024, 08:43:33 AMWhen is the Jamie Bryson joke over?

You feel a bit for Donaldson then you remember what trailer says. What is that song you lie down with dogs you get fleas etc.

🎶 The man behind the wire 🎶
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

red hander

Quote from: imtommygunn on January 30, 2024, 02:16:45 PM

You have about as much chance of joining the UUP. As much chance of Starmer becoming a tory or Martin becoming SF.

Starmer is even worse than a Tory, tbf

Orior

Mad stuff by the rat allowing Bryson to tweet the secret meeting. The rat will now be owned by bin man 167. When I say rat, it might be more accurate to say horse.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Brendan

Quote from: red hander on January 30, 2024, 03:32:13 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 30, 2024, 02:16:45 PM

Starmer is even worse than a Tory, tbf

Was about to say Starmer to the tories isn't that much of a stretch

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Orior on January 30, 2024, 04:30:04 PMMad stuff by the rat allowing Bryson to tweet the secret meeting. The rat will now be owned by bin man 167. When I say rat, it might be more accurate to say horse.

Carla the tout?

johnnycool

Quote from: Walter Cronc on January 30, 2024, 04:43:53 PM
Quote from: Orior on January 30, 2024, 04:30:04 PMMad stuff by the rat allowing Bryson to tweet the secret meeting. The rat will now be owned by bin man 167. When I say rat, it might be more accurate to say horse.

Carla the tout?

A lot of the twitterati are suggesting it's her, whoever it is can only be sure that Bryson will spill the beans at some point in time.