Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

2 finals in 2years... Clans are on the up!!

winsamsoon

I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

thewanderer

Quote from: bennydorano on June 12, 2011, 05:32:31 PM
Quote from: ogshead on June 12, 2011, 12:50:22 AM
Quote from: thewanderer on June 09, 2011, 03:54:11 PM
was that the slim boy with the baggy shorts, lucky the ogs had a true b team out otherwise it would have been interesting to see the big man diving against some decent forwards. ps he can still give out ;)

You should get yourself registered on armaghgaa.net wanderer. You would have a field day on the wind up with some of the characters there. Shane O'Neills, Carrickcruppin, and the Grange are all good targets as they seem to have plenty of members registered and always commenting on something!! ;D
I've been pretty much assuming for a longtime that he is Sliothar, convinced of it in fact :)
now now benny i am sure u know im better than sliothar, no crack here anymore

lurganblue

Who's in the other semi final of the b's? Harps v clans should be a close match. Clonmore is a strange pitch for it. Last time I was there it wasn't in good nick. Has it been improved?

crossfire

ACL Division 1

Sarsfields beat Cross, in Cross, 2-10 to 0-14.

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Patrick's 0-12 Culloville 1-8. We were deserved victors I felt, the Culloville goal came from a penalty with the last kick of the match though had they taken some of their second half chances, the result could have been very different.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Candyman

Tones Beat Harps by a point, goal with about 2mins left on the clock to win bu the minimum!! Joe Quigley scored 3-4 I think it was, imagine if the man was fit!! ;-)
Oh and some dodgey decisions from the Tones umpire? ;-)

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Candyman on June 22, 2011, 11:05:38 PM
Tones Beat Harps by a point, goal with about 2mins left on the clock to win bu the minimum!! Joe Quigley scored 3-4 I think it was, imagine if the man was fit!! ;-)
Oh and some dodgey decisions from the Tones umpire...

decision(s) as in more than one??  Spoke to the ref after the game who has the final say and he agreed the shot was wide.  A neutral from another club also told me the shot was wide after the game.  Maybe you should check out the board rules before posting "candyman".  The harps umpire made a dodgy decision also, giving a blatant wide for a "45" and he didnt appear to argue too much over the alleged point. 

harps should have had us out of sight.  6 points up 10 mins into the second half, we were in a similiar position to that last year in abbey park and lost.  Quigley was good alright putting chris mccarron onto him in last 20 mins made a real difference.  was a cracking game most exciting i have been to in a while.  Some great point taking from both sides.  Fair play to everyone involved. 

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: lurganblue on June 22, 2011, 07:01:51 PM
Who's in the other semi final of the b's? Harps v clans should be a close match. Clonmore is a strange pitch for it. Last time I was there it wasn't in good nick. Has it been improved?

Madden play Maghery in Ballyhegan. Was at Clonmore last week. their pitch is looking very well.

Onion Bag

Nab Beat Clans last night by 8-9 points
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Orior

SATURDAY 1ST OCTOBER 2011
•  HALF MARATHON
• 10 MILE WALK/RUN

STARTS- Playing fields Newtownhamilton
FINISHES- Playing fields Lissummon

STARTING TIMES AND ENTRANCE FEES:
10 MILE WALK- 12 noon (£10)
HALF MARATHON- 1pm (£15)
10 MILE RUN- 1:15pm (£15)
ALL RUNNERS WILL BE TIME CHIPPED

REGISTER ONLINE @ http://www.runforautismhand.com/ OR REGISTRATION ON THE DAY COMMENCING AT 11am-12:45pm

OR YOU CAN TAKE A SPONSOR CARD AND HAND IT IN AT REGISTRATION
EVERYONE GETS A GOODY BAG!!

REFRESHMENTS, SHOWERING AND CHANGING FACILITIES AS WELL AS TRANSPORT BETWEEN VENUES IS PROVIDED AT LISSUMMON.

COME ALONG AND JOIN THE FUN!
SPONSOR CARDS AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST PLEASE PHONE:
DEIRDRE: 07867960152 PETER: 02830878549  SEAN: 02830878945

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

TacadoirArdMhacha

St Patrick's 0-12 Culloville 1-8

St Pat's ascended to the head of the Division one table with a narrow victory over Culloville on Wednesday night. Returning intercounty star Mal Mackin got his side off to the perfect start with a magnificent first minute point from the left sideline. An excellently struck 45 from Tony Donnelly doubled the advantage before Culloville registered their first point. After 9 minutes, a good solo run from Mal Mackin resulted in his second point of the match. A couple of Culloville points levelled matters before a great run from Kyle McEvoy to win possession resulted in a St Pat's free near the sideline. A magnificent kick from Kieran Hoey put his side back into the lead. Mal Mackin completed his hat-trick of points on 18 minutes and two minutes later Kyle McEvoy converted a free awarded after a foul on the returning Liam O'Hare. Two Culloville frees reduced the deficit to the minimum while Kyle McEvoy pointed a free on the stroke of half-time to leave Cullyhanna two points to the good at the break on a scoreline of St Patrick's 0-7 Culloville 0-5.Cullyhanna just about deserved their half-time lead in a match which was fairly even however St Pat's were the more incisive attacking side.

The second period started positively for St Pat's when a good ball from Barry McConville was broken by Kyle McEvoy. The loose ball was latched onto by Liam O'Hare who was fouled and Kieran Hoey made no mistake converting the free. After 6 minutes, the lead extended to 4 when Liam O'Hare cut in along the touchline and kicked a magnificent point from a tight angle. The sides exchanged scores with the St Pat's point coming from a long range Kyle McEvoy free. Culloville pointed another free before the match entered a lengthy scoreless spell during which both sides missed a number of chances, with Culloville being particularly wasteful. St Pat's had a couple of late goal chances but could convert neither and when Culloville counter-attack from one Cullyhanna opportunity to score a point of their own, the match was very much in the balance. St Pat's held a dangerous two point lead heading into the closing stages but showed the necessary composure to see out the match. Great vision from Ciaran McKeever allowed Kyle McEvoy to extend the lead to three. With two minutes of injury time played, a great passing move involving Mal Mackin and Genie McCooey resulted in another Kyle McEvoy point which secured victory and meant that the late Culloville penalty goal did not affect the result as St Pat's ran out victors on a scoreline of 0-12 to 1-8.

This was a reasonable performance however the football on display never really reached any heights, although St Pat's were worthy winners. Best on the night were Gary McCooey, Mal Mackin and Kyle McEvoy.

Starting XV: C O'Neill; P McKeever, S Reel, Eoin McArdle; M Murray, G McCooey, P McCreesh; B McConville, T Donnelly (0-1); K Hoey (0-1), S McKeever, M Mackin (0-3); R O'Neill, L O'Hare (0-1), K McEvoy (0-5). Subs Used: C McKeever, G McCooey, C O'Neill

St Patrick's II 2-11 Lissummon 3-6

The Seconds team built upon their derby victory with an excellent win away from home against early season fancies for promotion, Lissummon. The victory was all the more credible given the adverse start to the match when Lissummon capitalised on a defensive lapse to score a goal within 2 minutes of play. St Pat's responded in style however, kicking 4 unanswered points as they dominated the first quarter, the pick of the scores coming from long range efforts by Paudie Mackin and Paul Donnelly. Lissummon responded with a point midway through the first half but Patsy McKeever restored the advantage with his second excellent point of the match as St Pat's seized control the match playing an attractive brand of direct football. Miceal Connolly then grabbed a brace of points, the second of which was probably the score of the day as Paddy McDonnell fetched the ball superbly at midfield, battled past two opponents before sending the ball into Connolly whose superb leap allowed him to kick a fine score. In a bizarre two minute spell towards the end of the half, both sides were awarded penalties. Neither team made any mistake in netting with Cullyhanna's goal coming from Paudie Mackin. Two Lissummon points and a long range St Pat's free finished the first half scoring as Cullyhanna led at the break by 1-8 to 2-3 after an entertaining first half during which direct play had paid dividends for the away side.

Two early Brendan Nugent points, the second a superb effort, doubled the Cullyhanna to four early in the second half before Lissummon replied with a point of their own. Midway through the second half, two goal opportunities presented themselves and while Miceal Connolly was unlucky to see the first hit the post, Patsy McKeever made no mistake in slotting to the net when played through by Paddy McDonnell. With a six point lead, St Pat's looked fairly safe however a couple of late Lissummon points threatened a revival. Late on a Paudie Mackin block initiated an attack which saw Miceal Connolly send a point over to secure victory. Another late penalty goal for Lissummon was of little consequence as St Pat's ran out thoroughly deserved winners on a scoreline of St Patrick's 2-11 Lissummon 3-6.

This was an excellent performance from a side which have shown meteoric improvement this season. The direct football played was effective and enjoyable to watch and the team deserve great credit for their run of results which has put them firmly in the frame for promotion. Liam McGlade played extremely well with some excellent tackling and Mark Mone had an excellent match at corner back with his surging runs providing the springboard for numerous attacks while Paudie Mackin dominated affairs from midfield. Up front Brendan Nugent, Miceal Connolly and Patsy McKeever all had excellent games.

Starting XV: F Murphy; L McGlade, C McShane, Mark Mone; P Donnelly (0-1), P Loughran, C Thompson; K Toner, P Mackin (1-2); B Nugent (0-3), F Nugent, P McDonnell; B Murray, M Connolly (0-3), P McKeever (1-2) Subs Used: J Quinn, B Quinn
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

crossfire

ACL Division 1

Cross beat Carrickcruppen 2-15 to 1-10.

Onion Bag

Nab beat culloville today by 4 points
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

fitzroyalty

Just past halfway stage of the season what are people's thoughts?

In Division 1 things seem to be going according to script, Cross topping the table with the usual suspects at the bottom. Perhaps one or two signs of weakness showing from the feens, most notably the defeat to Sarsfields last week; nothing to read into obviously...
Two teams that I have been impressed by so far are Whitecross and Maghery, and I feel are two to be watched come championship time. Granemore and the Nab have adapted well to life at the top and IMO will remain for a good few years to come. At the bottom none of the teams can buy a win (Clans anyway), Cruppen are still within touching distance of ourselves/Sarsfields/Culloville who are even further behind the rest of the pack. At this stage it is anyone's guess as to who survives, though I can see everyone from Ballymacnab upwards being safe from relegation.

In the second it would appear that Tones and C.Eireann will go up, I have seen a few games in this Division and even at this stage I think it is those two teams' to lose. Despite me half expecting C.Eireann to capitulate they have kept it together and look to be the team to beat. This division promised to be competitive but I have been surprised at the low standard; Killeavy, M'bawn, Harps and even Silverbridge were all touted as promotion contenders at the start of the year but all seem to have struggled so far for consistency. Shane O'Neill's have also been making a name for themselves though I think it will be a while yet before they make Division 1 football.

I don't see any football in Division 3/4 but it would seem that St Peter's and Eire Og are running away with both divisions with second place up for grabs for a number of teams...