Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon1

Kevin used to play for keady as he lives there but his dad is from the nab and all his brothers played for the nab, winning junior and intermediate championships so it was inevitable that Kevin would join to at some stage but keady stopped his transfer on a few occasions I think! I bet he is well glad he joined now!

Maroon1

Yes he was the captain of the mcrory cup team!!

Applesisapples

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 12, 2011, 09:56:00 AM
I doubt even the emnity between Ballymacnab and Granemore will be enough to stop them wishing Cross beaten.  They may not be cheering it out loud but lets face it no one outside of Cross wants to see Cross winning, and understandably so.  I reckon Ballymacnab will be very hard to beat.  They have a serious forward line.  I don't know if our defence can hold it so if they get enough ball around the middle then I reckon they have it for the taking. 

Tell me maroon1, is your man Kevin Beagan the lad who was the captain of the St Pats Armagh team that won the McRory a number of years back?  I always thought he was a Pearse Ogs man.
Thats bollocks I'm not from Cross and want them to win as they are our only current realistic chance of an All Ireland in the county.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Applesisapples on October 12, 2011, 12:57:21 PM
I doubt even the emnity between Ballymacnab and Granemore will be enough to stop them wishing Cross beaten.  They may not be cheering it out loud but lets face it no one outside of Cross wants to see Cross winning, and understandably so.  I reckon Ballymacnab will be very hard to beat.  They have a serious forward line.  I don't know if our defence can hold it so if they get enough ball around the middle then I reckon they have it for the taking. 

Tell me maroon1, is your man Kevin Beagan the lad who was the captain of the St Pats Armagh team that won the McRory a number of years back?  I always thought he was a Pearse Ogs man.
Thats bollocks I'm not from Cross and want them to win as they are our only current realistic chance of an All Ireland in the county.

Thanks for the support but I would think you are mainly in the minority.

Armaghgael

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 12, 2011, 01:01:13 PM
Quote from: Applesisapples on October 12, 2011, 12:57:21 PM

Thanks for the support but I would think you are mainly in the minority.

Up the Rangers!! ;D ;D
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

thewanderer

think ur right there bcb1 but i have to say u generally offer a good assessment of most teams unlike a lot of cross supporters who are loud and insulting. but the team its self has to be commended. unfortunately the team has lost a lot of neutral support over the years due to cross supporters. urself excluded of course ;)

Maroon1

Up granemore, oh that's right youse aren't in the final!! Youse only lose semi-finals;-)

Armaghgael

Quote from: Maroon1 on October 12, 2011, 03:47:24 PM
Up granemore, oh that's right youse aren't in the final!! Youse only lose semi-finals;-)

Have you no homework??

Tbh i hope us get what yous deserve on Sunday a right good hammering :D :D And i mean 20-30 points     
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Onion Bag

A bitter bitter man AG, can't believe you still haven't swallowed that bitter pill
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

illdecide

If u give me a free bet I'd put it on Cross. However if Nab play with belief and worry about their game and not trying to stop Cross they have a big chance, they have a v good forward line and if they can shade mid field and get quality 1st time ball in then they can cause damage.

I've no doubt Tony Mac will have worked on this hence squeezing the life out of Nab...

Cross 1-12
Nab 2-06
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Milltown Row2

Look Cross will win based on the fact that Osin can still get the major scores and if they get any ball into Clarke he will either create a score, score or buy oops win a free ;)

As someone said they manage to get in front and the kill the opposition off with taking their chances when they come. Good team who will always be there at the business end of things. Hats off to them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

armaghniac

For 'Nab to win everyone on their team will have to be on top form and have a bit of luck as well. Cross have a strong squad, if one or two players are off form they can bring on a sub of broadly similar ability and experience.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Throw ball

Hope for a good game on Sunday and with luck the Nab can put a new name on the trophy. If as expected Cross win I will be supporting them all the way hopefully to an Ulster and All Ireland double. The minor match should make for a good double header on Sunday. I will take Harps in that one.

Applesisapples

A lot of people here slagging the Cross supporters. Jealousy I would say. Cross people get in behind the team in numbers and fair play to them. To an outsider their sense of community is brilliant. They are no worse than any other clubs supporters and in proportion probably have the same percentage of slabbers.

DuffleKing

How did the league games go between the two finalists?

I have to say that I don't really see a way for the nab to win. They have a potent forward line and mostly win games which are open shoot outs. Unfortunately for them, cross have the best forward line in the county and would relish that approach. In addition, the nab had the poorest defence I saw in division 1 this year. Its a difficult conundrum for them