Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

Ballymacnab although big underdogs they will not disgrace themselves in the final, they are no Madden in the 90something final.  They have a lot of class up front but cross are great at choking the life out of classy forward lines and they will have done their homework as the clans and granemore 2nd halfs were near carb and copy. I hope we get a game worthy of a final, but if the ogs minors win on wednesday night surely the senior game will be 2nd billing ;)

stalwart

what happened i crowd , not like clonmore?

fitzroyalty

Clonmore player (no.6?) lands a big hit on young Ogs forward (didn't see it so don't know if it was legal/illegal). Ogs player lying down on ground receiving treatment.

The first gentleman took exception to this, started shouting to him to get  the f**k up etc.

The second gentleman, behind him, took exception to that and branded the Clonmore no.6 a gypsy.

The first gentleman did not hear clearly, and asked the second gentleman to repeat himself.

Second gentleman repeated himself.

Third gentleman throws first dig towards gentleman number two, melee ensues between 1,3 and 2; a few women and children in immediate vicinity become visibly distressed, (especially women sat along with gentleman 2) small bit of blood discharged from gentleman 2, incident is swiftly dealt with by stewards and is cleared within minutes.

Unsavoury scenes though it has to be said that neither gentleman 1 or 2 are from Clonmore or Éire Óg (Blackwatertown and Glenavy actually - big rivalry that); though I cannot comment as to who gentleman 3's  club may be.

fitzroyalty

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on October 10, 2011, 01:37:29 AM
Ballymacnab although big underdogs they will not disgrace themselves in the final, they are no Madden in the 90something final.  They have a lot of class up front but cross are great at choking the life out of classy forward lines and they will have done their homework as the clans and granemore 2nd halfs were near carb and copy. I hope we get a game worthy of a final, but if the ogs minors win on wednesday night surely the senior game will be 2nd billing ;)
Have to agree, Cross will win pulling up, any thoughts the Nab have of playing football will be put to bed, Cross will simply squeeze them out like a tube of toothpaste. A shame really because the Nab have the best forward line in the county IMO.

stalwart

your detail of events is very detailed, you musnt have been too far away! lol

fitzroyalty

Quote from: stalwart on October 10, 2011, 02:32:50 PM
your detail of events is very detailed, you musnt have been too far away! lol
Was not indeed happened right on top of me, had to try split it up, they were all gypsies in my view!

flog the lot

a friend of mine from cullyhanna was picked to be a finalist in the sundayworld bride of the year competition
her picture yesterdays sundayworld and now people have to vote for the winner
They have a chance of winning wedding package worth £10,000

To vote for her please Text BRIDE3 to 81108 from a northern/UK mobile (UNFORTUNATLY CAN'T TXT FROM SOUTHERN PHONE)

Lines close midnight Wednesday 13th of October. Texts cost £0.50 per entry inclu VAT.

COULD YOU PLEASE VOTE FOR HER................................
AND PASS THE MESSAGE ON IF YOU CAN

THANKS!!

ogshead

Quote from: flog the lot on October 10, 2011, 03:47:30 PM
a friend of mine from cullyhanna was picked to be a finalist in the sundayworld bride of the year competition
her picture yesterdays sundayworld and now people have to vote for the winner
They have a chance of winning wedding package worth £10,000

To vote for her please Text BRIDE3 to 81108 from a northern/UK mobile (UNFORTUNATLY CAN'T TXT FROM SOUTHERN PHONE)

Lines close midnight Wednesday 13th of October. Texts cost £0.50 per entry inclu VAT.

COULD YOU PLEASE VOTE FOR HER................................
AND PASS THE MESSAGE ON IF YOU CAN

THANKS!!

BRIDE2 looks better!!

armaghniac

How is these ladies ability to measure up to bridely duties assessed?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mrgaa1

Quote from: fitzroyalty on October 10, 2011, 01:59:58 PM
Clonmore player (no.6?) lands a big hit on young Ogs forward (didn't see it so don't know if it was legal/illegal). Ogs player lying down on ground receiving treatment.

The first gentleman took exception to this, started shouting to him to get  the f**k up etc.

The second gentleman, behind him, took exception to that and branded the Clonmore no.6 a gypsy.

The first gentleman did not hear clearly, and asked the second gentleman to repeat himself.

Second gentleman repeated himself.

Third gentleman throws first dig towards gentleman number two, melee ensues between 1,3 and 2; a few women and children in immediate vicinity become visibly distressed, (especially women sat along with gentleman 2) small bit of blood discharged from gentleman 2, incident is swiftly dealt with by stewards and is cleared within minutes.

Unsavoury scenes though it has to be said that neither gentleman 1 or 2 are from Clonmore or Éire Óg (Blackwatertown and Glenavy actually - big rivalry that); though I cannot comment as to who gentleman 3's  club may be.
Lets hope that those involved are not allowed back into the stadium or any GAA ground.

thewanderer

i take it the glenavy man was there to support the nutcase of a manager called michael who tried to assault the 4th offical and then raved like a lunatic in the ogs dug-out. no place for boys like that. as for the row the stewarts should have got the peoples details and make sure they dont get in again.

crossfire

I assume that we will have some Granemore support on Sunday. :)

Maroon1

Yes crossfire i have no doubt that you will have alot of granemore support come sunday although i hardly think they will be cheering u on from the rooftops as they wont want to be seen doing so but will want u to win nonetheless. There may be however a few that will cheer for the us but probably a select few.
As for the game itself i have never had a better feeling about a game in my life, think its time for a new name on the trophy and come 5.30pm Sunday I have no doubt that name will be Ballymacnab Round Towers!! :)

brokencrossbar1

I doubt even the emnity between Ballymacnab and Granemore will be enough to stop them wishing Cross beaten.  They may not be cheering it out loud but lets face it no one outside of Cross wants to see Cross winning, and understandably so.  I reckon Ballymacnab will be very hard to beat.  They have a serious forward line.  I don't know if our defence can hold it so if they get enough ball around the middle then I reckon they have it for the taking. 

Tell me maroon1, is your man Kevin Beagan the lad who was the captain of the St Pats Armagh team that won the McRory a number of years back?  I always thought he was a Pearse Ogs man.

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on October 12, 2011, 09:56:00 AM
I doubt even the emnity between Ballymacnab and Granemore will be enough to stop them wishing Cross beaten.  They may not be cheering it out loud but lets face it no one outside of Cross wants to see Cross winning, and understandably so.  I reckon Ballymacnab will be very hard to beat.  They have a serious forward line.  I don't know if our defence can hold it so if they get enough ball around the middle then I reckon they have it for the taking. 

Tell me maroon1, is your man Kevin Beagan the lad who was the captain of the St Pats Armagh team that won the McRory a number of years back?  I always thought he was a Pearse Ogs man.

Used to be Keady.