The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewanderer

Quote from: stew on October 10, 2011, 04:54:27 PM
Any word on who we play in the minor finale? I am hoping it is that other shower from across town.
sorry armagh rangers didnt make it. i presume thats who you meant as ur an avid soccer man. ;)

stew

Quote from: thewanderer on October 11, 2011, 03:29:43 PM
Any word on who we play in the minor finale? I am hoping it is that other shower from across town.
sorry armagh rangers didnt make it. i presume thats who you meant as ur an avid soccer man. ;)

That's me.

Now can you tell me who is in the minor final or not?
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

el_cuervo_fc

Pearse Og Play Silverbridge in the semi-final tomorrow evening

Quote from: stew on October 11, 2011, 03:45:24 PM
Quote from: thewanderer on October 11, 2011, 03:29:43 PM

That's me.

Now can you tell me who is in the minor final or not?

Rufus T Firefly

Please note that there is a meeting in the Social Club, this Friday night 14th October, at 7.00 pm. All members and supporters of the Club are invited to attend.

The meeting, which should last only 30 minutes, is an open invite to all members and supporters who can provide any help or support to the forthcoming 'Phil Coulter Night', which is taking place in the Armagh City Hotel on Saturday evening, 22nd October.

Please note that the success of this night - our main fundraising event of the year - is dependent on the support and help of our members and supporters. Please make the effort to attend.

Rufus T Firefly

Sorry folks - one more meeting for your diaries - a meeting will be held in the Social Club on Tuesday 18th Oct at 8pm for anyone interested in Coaching or helping out in any way with Armagh Harps Underage Football for the 2012 season.
If you feel you have someting to offer and can spare the time, please come along.

thewanderer

no doubt u will be at the phil coulter concert rufus. he comes from ur era. a lot of yous boys getting long in the tooth as you cant go for some younger performers :D it will be interesting to hear how you get on profit wise as i have heard these concerts are a lot of hard work and worry for little reward after the artist take their %/fee. ps maybe stew could fly in for it and give him a chance to take in a local longsdale league games.

stew

Wanderer, you are some boy to talk. :-\

thewanderer

rufus im joining the grey heads.The wife has purchased 2 tickets for the concert. how will i get out of this. probually prop up the bar. ps hope its a success for yous.

BerfArmagh

good luck to our minor team on sunday

BerfArmagh

Well done today lads, great second half performance

stew

Any chance of a report on the minor game lads??? ;D

Groucho

Pearse Ogs led 0-9 to 1-2 at half time playing into Drumarg end and looked comfortable.....after half time Harps midfield started to win clean ball which led to good scores to draw level......Harps then hit a couple of goals that killed the game off.
Good game by two well matched sides...both teams can take great credit from their performances.
Well done Harps.....hard luck to Pearse Ogs.
I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

stew

Quote from: Groucho on October 16, 2011, 11:13:04 PM
Pearse Ogs led 0-9 to 1-2 at half time playing into Drumarg end and looked comfortable.....after half time Harps midfield started to win clean ball which led to good scores to draw level......Harps then hit a couple of goals that killed the game off.
Good game by two well matched sides...both teams can take great credit from their performances.
Well done Harps.....hard luck to Pearse Ogs.

Thanks for that groucho, sounds like the standard of minor football in the city is good at the moment.

brokencrossbar1

Well done to the Harps, their record at this level is top drawer, the question is now though can it be translated to the seniors.  I remember chats on the old board I would have had with Rufus and Benny in particular about how long our success would last.  The consensus among non Cross posters was that the Harps and Ogs would start taking championships off us once the Twins etc retired.  With only really Oisin left(Hearty being keeper doesn't really count) and Oisin only playing a but part role this year, do people still feel like that given the performances we have produced this year?  I am not being smart here, I haven't seen the Harps or Ogs minors but both must be good teams.  Have they the talent to build on the senior teams to make the difference as the reality is that there is no other possible challengers to Cross at the minute.

emainmacha

Few photos of the minor game

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16144312@N07/sets/72157627914685064/

Click on thumbnail to get bigger image, I'm sure everyone knows how flickr works lol