The future of laois hurling

Started by Tobias, October 27, 2015, 08:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clonadmad

In a  lot of the strong hurling counties,kids are playing in class leagues and parish leagues at lunchtime and this isn't just kids in 5th and 6th class.

More CB support along with input from the local club,needs to be given to the schools,a lot of  teachers have no grounding  in GAA.

clonadmad

U14 feile hurling
"A" – 10 Teams – Borris in Ossory Kilcotton, Camross, Castletown Slieve Bloom, Clough Ballacolla, Portlaoise, Raheen parish Gaels, Rathdowney Errill, Rosenallis, St Lazerians Abbeyleix, The Harps;
"B" – 7 Teams – Ballinakill, Clonaslee St. Manmans, Na Fianna, Park Ratheniska Timahoe, Slieve Margy, St Fintans Mountrath, St

Interesting to see only 5 A u14 football teams in the county

redsetanta

Who grades the teams?Is it the County Board or the club?
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

County baller

Laois minor hurlers beat Dublin in Leinster minor hurling league today, 2-13 to 1-13. Big change from the Laois schools game back in January!

redsetanta

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Downtheroad

Quote from: County baller on March 04, 2017, 06:16:16 PM
Laois minor hurlers beat Dublin in Leinster minor hurling league today, 2-13 to 1-13. Big change from the Laois schools game back in January!
Dublin u17 team from what I hear,Nevertheless I believe it was a decent performance. Backs played well.   

mountrath1

who told you that downtheroad it was Dublin u17team..were you at the game!!

redsetanta

According to the Dublingaa website it was the minor team. Where did you get u17 from?

burdizzo

According to Reservoir Dubs site, it was the B team that played Laois. The A team was supposed to play Clare, but it was cancelled.

redsetanta

Ah it's a conspiracy so. Making a laugh of the Laois lads!

Downtheroad

Quote from: redsetanta on March 06, 2017, 04:04:30 PM
According to the Dublingaa website it was the minor team. Where did you get u17 from?
A young lad who went to the game thought it was the U17 team as they physically did not look as strong or polished as one would expect from a Dublin minor hurling team. As mentioned above, the Dublin hurling forum have called it the B team. I think it's important to point out that we are not strong at minor hurling this year in case anyone is building their hopes up. In fact, it is the weakest team in at least 5 years. Nevertheless there are a couple of nice hurlers on the team.

Don Draper

Minor footballers get eviscerated by Cork, it gets talked away on here as them missing loads of players. Minor hurlers beat Dublin, we talk that away as well, saying arrah its an U17 Dublin development team who had to get a few U12's to make up the numbers.

I dont give a f**k, thats a slightly heartening result, regardless.

mountrath1

Il put my colours to the mast here. I'm currently involved with the Minor set up and what I have to say is, they are as honest a bunch as iv come across, genuine in training and looking to achieve and get better. So for all those outside of the setup. Downtheroad Try bring some positivity and rationale to your statements with respect to this. How do you know that they cant be the best minor team we have ever had!!!!

blueandwhite1

Quote from: mountrath1 on March 06, 2017, 08:49:57 PM
Il put my colours to the mast here. I'm currently involved with the Minor set up and what I have to say is, they are as honest a bunch as iv come across, genuine in training and looking to achieve and get better. So for all those outside of the setup. Downtheroad Try bring some positivity and rationale to your statements with respect to this. How do you know that they cant be the best minor team we have ever had!!!!

Wouldn't we all love more than anything for them to be.