Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maninthemiddle

Christ lads I need to get a job in the civil service, Im glad I have created such a stir, Winker fair play to you, I get a laugh when I read the posts. We are always easy to have a pop at, I grant you that, but most of the lads I know give a massive amount of time to doing 2,3,4 games a week listening to players managers supporters BS about the rules which they haven't a clue about, but learned when they where juveniles. Waiting months on expenses, bringing umpires,  lads again calling it as they see it and getting dogs abuse from everyone as well. Listening to the same old rhetoric down south they do this, down south they wouldn't blow that, down south that would shaft the north in two seconds given half a chance, so save it for the pitch, or sideline. The poor quality of referees lies with the county and referees committee who don't put any time or investment at all into the referee's so when you get on your soap box have a go at the county executive or Paddy Quinn or Tommy Mc Intyre ( there's enough having a go at Frankie) and leave the men in the middle alone for a while.

Go along to casement tonight or Armoy tomorrow and listen for a change to the pure BS spewed  by Managers players and supporters at one man, that's big of them isnt it.  :-[

winker3716

Quote from: Maninthemiddle on August 31, 2012, 05:22:10 PM
Christ lads I need to get a job in the civil service, Im glad I have created such a stir, Winker fair play to you, I get a laugh when I read the posts. We are always easy to have a pop at, I grant you that, but most of the lads I know give a massive amount of time to doing 2,3,4 games a week listening to players managers supporters BS about the rules which they haven't a clue about, but learned when they where juveniles. Waiting months on expenses, bringing umpires,  lads again calling it as they see it and getting dogs abuse from everyone as well. Listening to the same old rhetoric down south they do this, down south they wouldn't blow that, down south that would shaft the north in two seconds given half a chance, so save it for the pitch, or sideline. The poor quality of referees lies with the county and referees committee who don't put any time or investment at all into the referee's so when you get on your soap box have a go at the county executive or Paddy Quinn or Tommy Mc Intyre ( there's enough having a go at Frankie) and leave the men in the middle alone for a while.

Go along to casement tonight or Armoy tomorrow and listen for a change to the pure BS spewed  by Managers players and supporters at one man, that's big of them isnt it.  :-[
Can't go tonight, having to do Airport pick ups at Aldergrove.  Me Aunts/uncles cousins coming in for a wedding tomorrow, cant get to the Ossians v Shamrocks match either, but cert for Dunloy v the town on Sunday evening.  Quinn & Quinn, 2 idiots, McIntyre not that bad I suppose, don't know him well enough, although he was a half decent ref. - one that made the big stage.
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

winker3716

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 31, 2012, 03:19:35 PM
Should we have a "bitch about Antrim hurling referees" thread independent of this one?? Getting ridiculous at this point  :o
Just set one up for ya, but had to get a certain individuals permission.  Some get a little bit techy around here.  So, there ya go, enjoy the new refs thread, sure to be interesting. ;) ;D
My Philosophy on self preservation - "pull on him before he pulls on you, and pull early"

ManInBlackandGreen

Winker I'm Back, miss me? FFS MITM your getting our profession a bad name!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CitySlicker11

The work that Naomh Bríd is carrying out in South Belfast is to be commended. We regularly hear people on about how Belfast should be doing more to promote the GAA and how bad we are in this regard compared to Dublin. If we can capture the wealthy members of society in the south of the city then we are on the right road. So an success for Naomh Bríd IMO is to be welcomed.

ManInBlackandGreen

Major Announcement on Casement Expected
Ulster GAA will make a major announcement in connection to the development of Casement Park Stadium Project on Monday 3rd September at 10am in Casement Park Social Club.

A number of important dignitaries including leading members of the Gaelic Athletic Association and representatives from the Department of Culture Arts and Leisure will be in attendance.

Jesus FQ will expect more brown envelopes than usual then!!!

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 31, 2012, 06:37:29 PM
The work that Naomh Bríd is carrying out in South Belfast is to be commended. We regularly hear people on about how Belfast should be doing more to promote the GAA and how bad we are in this regard compared to Dublin. If we can capture the wealthy members of society in the south of the city then we are on the right road. So an success for Naomh Bríd IMO is to be welcomed.

Promote what Cityslicker11 their own we agenda for taking over the county, you must be a stoop down low man, come on or daddy is ;D

CitySlicker11

That is exactly the type of backwards thinking that has in the place we are in at the minute. Look at the football team, our best players comes from this club and played there all his life, this is the sort of potential they can provide. Yes there may be some aspects to their club that I do not agree with, but I believe that Antrim need a strong Naomh Bríd, especially at underage level.

BlackandAmber

Good luck to all 8 teams this weekend with good hard fair hurling and good refereing and hope the best teams win.

Hurlings the only game for us all

CitySlicker11

St Johns 0-13 Lamh Dhearg 2-04 at half time in casement.

Gizzy15

1-22 to 2-10 to St Johns. bigger win than i expected.

winker3716

Quote from: ManInBlackandGreen on August 31, 2012, 06:44:50 PM
Major Announcement on Casement Expected
Ulster GAA will make a major announcement in connection to the development of Casement Park Stadium Project on Monday 3rd September at 10am in Casement Park Social Club.

A number of important dignitaries including leading members of the Gaelic Athletic Association and representatives from the Department of Culture Arts and Leisure will be in attendance.

Jesus FQ will expect more brown envelopes than usual then!!!

Quote from: CitySlicker11 on August 31, 2012, 06:37:29 PM

Promote what Cityslicker11 their own we agenda for taking over the county, you must be a stoop down low man, come on or daddy is ;D
Absolutely disgraceful.  Very slanderous and disparaging remarks about a county officer. :-[ :-[ ::) ???

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gizzy15 on August 31, 2012, 09:47:22 PM

I expected the Johnnies to be winning by a lot more in fairness, If they could get the right blend with the older and younger players they could do well.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Fairhead

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on September 01, 2012, 11:12:07 AM
Quote from: Gizzy15 on August 31, 2012, 09:47:22 PM

I expected the Johnnies to be winning by a lot more in fairness, If they could get the right blend with the older and younger players they could do well.

I agree with you MR2. I seen Lamh Dearg in a league match about 6 weeks ago and they looked far from a senior championship team. Of course they could have been missing a few that day and would have been fired up last night but still i though St Johns would have won by a lot more.

By my reckoning its 1996 since Ballycastle beat Dunloy in the championship but open to correction on that. Fair to say Dunloy not as strong as they were but will be hard to beat them. Theres a fair few multiple championship winning players in their ranks. But after not turning up in the semi-final last year im just hoping Ballycastle, at a minimum, can put in a performance tomorrow night. Who knows after that.

Jesusjones

FH, Ballycastle would need to get off to a good start and get the rub of the green but I certainly don't think winning is beyond them, they'll need a low scoring game to prevail so conditions could be key.

Seamroga in exile

I'm just about to head off for a day's hurling and beer later.  :) 

Good luck to everyone this weekend.
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"