?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

under the bar

Quote from: bannside on December 30, 2019, 06:58:17 PM
100% we were out battled all over the pitch and that was the difference. Was exactly the same as three weeks ago in the BetFred. I put it up here before the game that Celtic have been playing dreadful stuff recently, getting away with it because of one nil or two one victories that papered over the dross!

Yet before the match yesterday Lennon was interviewed talking about how magnificent Celtic have been recently. He certainly wasn't watching the same mediocre as me that's for sure...and most of all that's what worries me most....that when you are so closely involved you dont actually see the wood for the trees.

But as long as Dermot Desmond has his finger on the pulse I'd be optimistic that this poor run of form will trigger a bit of spending in the places we need it most.

Is agree that Lennon waxing lyrical that the team are amazing and giving everything asked of them is the wrong message...even if he feels it's true. It will only make young lads rest on their laurels thinking they are wonderful.

under the bar

Stevie G and co now coming out in defence of Morales saying he was the victim.  Just like he did when Suarez was charged with disgusting racist insults.

Main Street

The ref did well I thought,  definitely not a mason. The poor offside call on Griffiths wasn't his decision.
Only a total idiot could defend Morales with that dive he got booked for. Gerrard has turned into an ace narcissist asshole, if he wasn't already one before.
Similar with Ally, being a rangers manager brought out the hun beast in him, though he's kinda normal again these days.

I watched the 30 minute highlights of Celtic v Man U CL 2006  on BT last night. One memory I had was of Jarosik's blatant dive to win that freekick, but I had forgotten about Scholes' spectacular leap in the air to win that free which led to that penalty, which Artur saved.  One dive cancelled the other and Celtic converted the more difficult opportunity. And a Bobo sliding tackle took no prisoners. 

JimStynes

Quote from: under the bar on December 30, 2019, 07:55:49 PM
Stevie G and co now coming out in defence of Morales saying he was the victim.  Just like he did when Suarez was charged with disgusting racist insults.

Why wouldn't he. He's backing his player and creating that everyone is against us mindset that lots of good managers do. Rangers may well slow down at some stage but people need to start giving Gerrard and his team more credit. They're a decent side and Celtic are not 10 times the team. Celtic need to get some leaders and aggressive players in because they're being out fought and out muscled every time they face Rangers. The board need to get the finger out.

Main Street

Quote from: JimStynes on December 30, 2019, 10:50:41 PM
Quote from: under the bar on December 30, 2019, 07:55:49 PM

Why wouldn't he. He's backing his player and creating that everyone is against us mindset that lots of good managers do. Rangers may well slow down at some stage but people need to start giving Gerrard and his team more credit. They're a decent side and Celtic are not 10 times the team. Celtic need to get some leaders and aggressive players in because they're being out fought and out muscled every time they face Rangers. The board need to get the finger out.
The world and everyone against us is for emotional retards. Overstated psychological benefit in the scheme of things.  A crock of you know what.   

Orior

Do Celtic need a new creative midfielder?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Applesisapples

Quote from: Orior on December 31, 2019, 08:17:16 AM
Do Celtic need a new creative midfielder?
Or a new manager? Still not convinced about Neil

trailer

marty34

Quote from: trailer on December 31, 2019, 01:31:06 PM
Do Celtic have a racism problem as well as a sectarian one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50951507

For someone who doesn't support Celtic, you're on this thread a bit.

Celtic, like every club: soccer or GAA etc. has muppets. No different here. Really wrong to tarnish a club (with as of yet unproven) as being this or that because of 1 or 2 supporters.  But that suits your agenda.

BTW, has Colum spotted Brexit yet?: nothing in the papers over Christmas about it.  But hey, he's probably too busy reciting his aoth to the queen of Sasana.  Be better if he'd put more effort into promoting an ILA instead of bowing to the banrĂ­on.

bannside

Why dont you tell us what you think yourself Trailer?

thebar

Quote from: trailer on December 31, 2019, 01:31:06 PM
Do Celtic have a racism problem as well as a sectarian one?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50951507

Bud thats not a football problem its a society problem.

tonto1888

bennydorano

It's hard to take the Morelos racist abuse issue seriously. I wouldn't for a second doubt that there's a racism problem in Scotland and no doubt that plenty of Celtic fans are racist, but Morelos gets abuse mainly because he's a hateful wee f**ker who is a total sc**bag on a football field.

michaelg

Quote from: bennydorano on January 01, 2020, 03:08:22 PM
It's hard to take the Morelos racist abuse issue seriously. I wouldn't for a second doubt that there's a racism problem in Scotland and no doubt that plenty of Celtic fans are racist, but Morelos gets abuse mainly because he's a hateful wee f**ker who is a total sc**bag on a football field.
Who you would no doubt like if he played for Celtic.