The Cricket thread

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, March 05, 2007, 03:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

That was the best innings I've ever seen. Stokes was just amazing.

In the end, they were blessed it wasn't a glorious failure. Should have lost it by 1 run, but for Lyon feckin up an easy runout and Aussies wasting their review when there was a clear enough lbw. But they were both Aussie mistakes (umpire of course was mistaken too, but bulk of the blame goes to the aussies for needlessly and stupidly burning their final review), and Stokes deserved that bit of luck.

gallsman

Stokes' brilliance with the bat will also overshadow how much work he had to do with the ball in the second innings. Think I read that after Archer cramped up on Friday evening, Stokes bowled something like 22 consecutive overs across Friday evening and Saturday morning. He must have been absolutely shattered so to put in the shift he did yesterday is incredible. An all time great performance.

From an Aussie perspective, I know mistakes happen but the Lyon fumble when Leach should have been run out is inexcusable at that level.

screenexile

How many Ben Stokes's will England need to win this one??!!

Smith is a machine!

Boycey

That's The Ashes retained by Australia anyways, hope that finish in style with a win at The Oval this week. I was at the 1st two days at Old Trafford this past week and it was a privilege to see Smith in full flow.

Gabriel_Hurl

Going to the Oval on Friday - hope to get to see Smith bat

Boycey

Ireland qualify for next year's T20 World Cup  8)

A touch lucky in truth but who cares...

Orior

Quote from: Boycey on October 27, 2019, 07:49:57 PM

Which commonwealth country is hosting it next year? lol
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

michaelg

Quote from: Orior on October 27, 2019, 08:38:58 PM

Which commonwealth country is hosting it next year? lol
Australia - Hilarious!

JPGJOHNNYG

Lost to the mighty uae and Oman in qualifying.

Main Street

It was fortunate and unexpected,  I had an inkling that it was a possibility, a genuine team representing their Island determined to make their mark before departure.

dec

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/50853349

"England's Eoin Morgan, Jason Roy, Chris Woakes and Sam Curran have all earned six-figure contracts in the Indian Premier League's player auction.
Morgan, who led England to World Cup success in 2019, was auctioned for £563,000 to Kolkata Knight Riders, who are coached by Brendon McCullum."

The IPL lasts for 7 weeks. Nice work if you can get it.

Never beat the deeler

Quote from: dec on December 19, 2019, 09:00:50 PM
https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/50853349

"England's Eoin Morgan, Jason Roy, Chris Woakes and Sam Curran have all earned six-figure contracts in the Indian Premier League's player auction.
Morgan, who led England to World Cup success in 2019, was auctioned for £563,000 to Kolkata Knight Riders, who are coached by Brendon McCullum."

The IPL lasts for 7 weeks. Nice work if you can get it.

Pat Cummins went for $3.17m AUD which is a shade under 1.7mGBP
Hasta la victoria siempre

michaelg

Ireland vs England going well.

JPGJOHNNYG

Quote from: michaelg on August 04, 2020, 08:53:54 PM
Ireland vs England going well.

Looking good but stalling a bit. Run rate needed creeping up

michaelg

Tight finish. Need a good over.