Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuan12

The likes of Rory Beggan and Stephen Cluxton have perfected their game to suit the type of play which brings the best results and it's through coaching and practise , my original point is , that in the absence of big midfielders we have to find a system of play which guarantees possession from the kick out, its no point saying we don't have a Rory Beggan we have to find one, but that's only one piece of the jigsaw .
The new manager has to be a good people person first , we have to see a hunger to play for Down that has been absent in some parts, also has to get good football men on board who know the down leagues inside out and are prepared to visit every club to see what talent if any, is available, every one has a preference, my own is a man with a proven track record of success but maybe unavailable due to current commitments.

downjim

What was the point/harps game like?? That was some win for The Harps, league getting tight now.

elk

Quote from: downjim on July 24, 2018, 09:12:21 AM
What was the point/harps game like?? That was some win for The Harps, league getting tight now.
Poor game to watch but a good win for the Harps. Warrenpoint's shooting was shocking and they are playing at far slower tempo than they were earlier in the season. Any Burren/Rostrevor men there last night will have come away encouraged with their league and championship clashes coming up.

downjim

They are a good side but they are missing a few older lads, I fancy Rostrevor to run them close in championship

befair

Quote from: downjim on July 24, 2018, 10:09:17 AM
They are a good side but they are missing a few older lads, I fancy Rostrevor to run them close in championship

All depends if Rostrevor have all players available, not a lot of strength on the bench, as seen in their recent results

downjim

What's the best Down GAA newspaper?

Aristo 60

Targetman

Quote from: downjim on July 24, 2018, 04:19:45 PM
What's the best Down GAA newspaper?
Surprisingly the Rathfriland Outlook does a good GAA coverage, and lots of pictures of the twelfth celebrations!!

urbangael

Sean Rooney interview in the Irish news today was embarrassing. The man never comes across well. Any chance of a new chairman agus new manager!

Targetman

The Irish News must have feck all to report on whenever that makes back page headlines

Targetman

Shane Mulholland wants the Down job with Poacher assisting, what do yous think?

thewobbler

Quote from: Targetman on July 24, 2018, 08:59:27 PM
Shane Mulholland wants the Down job with Poacher assisting, what do yous think?
Two fat messes

Cuan12

Paddy Tally for manager , let him pick his own team, proven record , wants a go , give him a chance , maybe Stephen Poacher might be asked to help but whoever the new manager wants on his back room team , we should as a county support his judgement , not like the treatment handed out to Jim McCorry by the county executive.
Question for all that read this forum , after the negative rubbish Danny Hughes wrote about our county, why is he on the selection panel, also what the f. K is Jack Devenny doing on it, there are enough good experienced football men in Down who are far more capable than that p***k.
What does he know about Down football other than antagonise football clubs.
It would drive you to despair !!

whitegoodman

There is rumours of plenty of interest in the job with money available through sponsors and other individuals.  Paul McIlvor, Tony McEntee and Gavin Devlin have all been mentioned.  If any of that trio are actually interested I'd have them ahead of the Mulholland Poacher combination.