?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

restorepride

Quote from: howlongref on November 23, 2020, 10:45:20 PM
Quote from: Red10 on November 23, 2020, 07:14:23 PM
First Derry man in an Ulster senior final in years and what a terrible performance. Cassidy had an absolute nightmare. Always refereeing the  game by looking to make sure  he wasn't favouring the underdog. Got stick before from Donegal ones and making sure he wasn't getting it yesterday.

I do think Brannigan shafted him calling the last black card.
Agree with that.   "Cassidy had an absolute nightmare" is a bit extreme in my opinion.  He got some things wrong, as did a number of players!  Overall, I don't feel that his decisions affected the result -could have, but didn't.  Most people watching the game have a better view that the ref.

NatSoSaff

Haven't seen nor heard much on the movers and shakers managerial or coaching wise yet from Derry. Anyone got a run down of who's in charge at where? Did McKaigue stay on with Desertmartin?

toby47

Quote from: NatSoSaff on November 25, 2020, 09:56:29 AM
Haven't seen nor heard much on the movers and shakers managerial or coaching wise yet from Derry. Anyone got a run down of who's in charge at where? Did McKaigue stay on with Desertmartin?

No - McKaigue gone from Desertmartin

shantygael

Didnt even wait to see out the junior final.
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

NatSoSaff

Thought it odd at the time they got him in, a man balancing 2 codes at both club and county as well as trying to manage a team. Any other high profile appointments yet? Who is coaching Slaughtneil now that horse devlin has gone to Louth?

Keyser soze

I see Damian Cass has been heading up a committee over the past few months on the development of football [didn't see any mention of hurling?] in the county and has made a number of recommendations, the main one for me being the introduction of 4 divisional sides into the senior championship, which I think is a great idea, though not without some downsides.

Other ideas include silent sidelines up to  U13 and 1 touch only up to U13.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Keyser soze on December 02, 2020, 11:11:48 AM
I see Damian Cass has been heading up a committee over the past few months on the development of football [didn't see any mention of hurling?] in the county and has made a number of recommendations, the main one for me being the introduction of 4 divisional sides into the senior championship, which I think is a great idea, though not without some downsides.

Shocking that it has omitted hurling, McEvoy gone because they wont pay outside man too(despite line in the papers), tbh for me it looks like football has become embarrassment for them at inter county level and they are going to throw everything at it, hurlers and dual players will not even be an afterthought.

Divisional sides pointless.

Rawhide

I read it yesterday evening and I thought the most obvious game changer was GPO's to every club. FBNS I'm from a duel club and the GPO is to coach both codes or in our case maybe camogie to. No doubt there will be a problem getting clubs to introduce hurling via the GPO to primary schools. And that has always been the problem getting clubs who want to start it, but a GPO who knows the basic coaching skills might be a start.  It will be interesting to see how that is dealt with if clubs buy into the GPO concept. The Go games section proposes football and hurling to be alternated week about and extending the season by two months approx. For me the Districts success will depend on how clubs commit to it. I thought it was refreshing to see a plan for once.
cccc is a true supporter lol

Keyser soze

TBH I was shocked when I came on and saw that there hadn't been a single post about this on the thread, a few years ago this would have garnered a lot of discussion on here IMO.

Is that indicative of a wider malaise about GAA in Derry? Or maybe other SM forums have replaced this discussion board?

oakleaflad

Quote from: Rawhide on December 02, 2020, 11:55:30 AM
I read it yesterday evening and I thought the most obvious game changer was GPO's to every club. FBNS I'm from a duel club and the GPO is to coach both codes or in our case maybe camogie to. No doubt there will be a problem getting clubs to introduce hurling via the GPO to primary schools. And that has always been the problem getting clubs who want to start it, but a GPO who knows the basic coaching skills might be a start.  It will be interesting to see how that is dealt with if clubs buy into the GPO concept. The Go games section proposes football and hurling to be alternated week about and extending the season by two months approx. For me the Districts success will depend on how clubs commit to it. I thought it was refreshing to see a plan for once.
Agree with everything said there to be honest. Found it refreshing rather than trying the same old thing.

See the question from Mal regarding the u17, U18.5 and U20 championships, is that confirmed at club level? Last I saw it was going straight from U17 to U20. The U18.5 would be a good move as it would allow everyone at school age to play club football. The gap from U17 to U20/senior was too big for me.

Silver hill

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 02, 2020, 11:39:00 AM

Shocking that it has omitted hurling, McEvoy gone because they wont pay outside man too(despite line in the papers), tbh for me it looks like football has become embarrassment for them at inter county level and they are going to throw everything at it, hurlers and dual players will not even be an afterthought.

Embarrassment for them.... who is 'them'? Are you not from Derry?
Divisional teams have worked in Kerry, why not in Derry? With a view that the junior players get a chance to play at a higher level? There will be the usual challenges of who manages, what jersey and refusing to join, but if they can rise above that and see the bigger picture, then surely it's a good development?

JoG2

Quote from: Silver hill on December 02, 2020, 05:55:52 PM

Divisional teams have worked in Kerry, why not in Derry? With a view that the junior players get a chance to play at a higher level? There will be the usual challenges of who manages, what jersey and refusing to join, but if they can rise above that and see the bigger picture, then surely it's a good development?

JoG2

Re divisional sides, does anyone know a rough time frame of how a typical season would run in Kerry to include league, championship and senior championship? Maybe my wording is out but they have 2 championships, correct?

~ how would Divisional training fit in around club training? Jnr teams these days demand a fair bit of commitment. Add a 2nd manager & team on top

~ re managers....You'd assume they'll be actual volunteer managers / coaches. Mercenary free zone I'd say. Who'd supply the cash? Its usually a wealthy benefactor supplying the envelope. Would there be many business out there willing to stump up for a team they've no emotional attachment too? Well not initially any road

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Them,county board.
Divisional sides would cause havoc with training, fixtures etc. No appetite, so much so that ive never heard a single club person mention it before

restorepride

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on December 02, 2020, 11:06:06 PM

Them,county board.
Divisional sides would cause havoc with training, fixtures etc. No appetite, so much so that ive never heard a single club person mention it before
Who did your club nominate for officers on County Board last year?