Croke Park - Bags and Shít

Started by Syferus, June 20, 2017, 03:23:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 31, 2017, 07:59:40 PM
The Gaa been a rip of for the past 15yrs; they be getting higher attendances if tickets were alot less! As for grants northern teams survived on the national lotto grants; dont know many who got croke park type grants!  Starting to wonder where all the money goes to be honest! The bags issue is down to security i presume!

It's all available online for anyone to have a look.
http://www.gaa.ie/news/gaa-annual-accounts-for-2016-published/
But there's no pleasing some people. Some will always have conspiracy theories.

RedHand88

Quote from: T Fearon on July 31, 2017, 01:55:03 PM
I saw a guy in the Cusack on Saturday with a back pack the size of which you would take on a global trek.Time to charge just like Ryanair

Has to have been an Armagh getting the weens in for free!

downtown

Anyone know if can take a pram to croker?

Orior

Where/how was I told about this new rule? I've only ever looked at the ticket for row and seat numbers.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

I once brought a bag to Croke Park, but she didn't want to keep company with me after that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Boycey on July 31, 2017, 07:40:24 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 31, 2017, 07:21:42 PM
Quote from: Taylor on July 31, 2017, 07:13:34 PM
The powers that be can do as they please and if they say no bags then we must obey however don't dress it up with health and safety bullshit.

It's all about getting more money in the coffers

How does it get more money in? They haven't banned bags just big ones. How much room do you need to carry a few sandwiches or snacks? If it's for a group just spread it over three or four bags and carry one each.

Being Ireland Mammy has to carry all the sandwiches for the whole family  group. Anyway what's wrong with the old way of doing it, hang sandwiches and a flask of tae at the back of the car..
we took the train
there should be a queue for those with bags and those without

Rossfan

Is it just me or does anyone else find the whole Croke Park "experience" a bit off putting.
Bad enough all the rules about bags , flags etc , and the whole feel of being in an airport.
However the sight of thousands milling round out the back of the stand drinking, smoking, chatting etc while the Galway Kerry game was on was mind boggling. I got there 20 minutes into that game and thought it must be half time.
Then the ones leaving seats 5 minutes before h/t to Q up to buy overpriced items......
Then of course you can't go on the pitch to mingle with players afterwards and people standing around talking afterwards aren't encouraged to stay long as gates are being shut noisily to give you the hint.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: downtown on July 31, 2017, 09:04:51 PM

Have never seen one in Croker. Give them a ring, you might be able to swap your ticket for a disabled ticket and stick the pram in the wheelchair spot beside you. Premium is better for this than the back of the Cusack.

The powers that be can do as they please and if they say no bags then we must obey however don't dress it up with health and safety bullshit.

How does it get more money in? They haven't banned bags just big ones. How much room do you need to carry a few sandwiches or snacks? If it's for a group just spread it over three or four bags and carry one each.

Being Ireland Mammy has to carry all the sandwiches for the whole family  group. Anyway what's wrong with the old way of doing it, hang sandwiches and a flask of tae at the back of the car..

Where I park the car I don't fancy standing around and talking to the locals.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Boycey

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 01, 2017, 10:57:20 AM

Have never seen one in Croker. Give them a ring, you might be able to swap your ticket for a disabled ticket and stick the pram in the wheelchair spot beside you. Premium is better for this than the back of the Cusack.

Ha, you park in Springgarden Street too :-). I was back at the car 10/15 mins before everyone else at the All Ireland final 2 or 3 years ago and spent a very entertaining time talking to the local juveniles..

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Rossfan on August 01, 2017, 09:42:38 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else find the whole Croke Park "experience" a bit off putting.
Bad enough all the rules about bags , flags etc , and the whole feel of being in an airport.
However the sight of thousands milling round out the back of the stand drinking, smoking, chatting etc while the Galway Kerry game was on was mind boggling. I got there 20 minutes into that game and thought it must be half time.
Then the ones leaving seats 5 minutes before h/t to Q up to buy overpriced items......
Then of course you can't go on the pitch to mingle with players afterwards and people standing around talking afterwards aren't encouraged to stay long as gates are being shut noisily to give you the hint.
go to a rugby game or soccer game
its even worse

the whole thing is being sanitised
however if you piss off the core support from each county the bandwagoners won't turn up for super 8 games

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Boycey on August 01, 2017, 02:08:40 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on August 01, 2017, 10:57:20 AM

Ha, you park in Springgarden Street too :-). I was back at the car 10/15 mins before everyone else at the All Ireland final 2 or 3 years ago and spent a very entertaining time talking to the local juveniles..

Not a million miles away. Left it on Charleville Mall before, couldn't relax during the game at all, stay north of the canal now
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Goldengreen

https://crokepark.ie/match-day/faq

it mentions a buggy but i am sure its the same for a pram. Few years ago we brought a buggy/stroller into Croke park, it folded longways so we were able to just put it under our seats.
We had to enter the stand via the wheel chair entrance, for Cusack stand it was right down near the end of the turn styles close to the Canal End.
Bear in mind  that you will need a ticket for the baby too, they insist on it even if the baby will just end up sitting on your lap. I assume its a baby as its a pram you are taking.
Another time we went my wife took a Baby Bjorn (front carrier ) and was actually much handier, and for sitting  in the seat too . (Though would it fall foul of the A4 size back pack in croke park's eyes lol , you never know with them!!!!!)

macdanger2

Saw two of them in there on Sunday

Milltown Row2

If you are staying the Sat night and heading home after the match on the train it's the only time I bring a bag.... place across the road from Connelly station has a looker rental, they'll have put the prices up no doubt!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 01, 2017, 11:54:34 PM
If you are staying the Sat night and heading home after the match on the train it's the only time I bring a bag.... place across the road from Connelly station has a looker rental, they'll have put the prices up no doubt!

That's some service, they kept an eye on your bag until you come back?  I have seen boyos offering to watch your car for a few euros while you're at the match but never your luggage.