Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CumminsCiderLarry

Quote from: From the Bunker on June 25, 2018, 08:28:23 PM
Quote from: dublin7 on June 25, 2018, 08:21:30 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 25, 2018, 08:18:47 PM
It's actually funny seeing the Dubs fans back Kildare on this

It's actually sad that you would use this to try and have a go at Dubs fans.

Yes, the Dublin Clowns have joined in!

Do ye not realise ye are part of the Problem!

Why it is this way?

Well said Bunker

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 25, 2018, 08:52:08 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 25, 2018, 08:51:29 PM
Is the capacity of Newbridge really 6200?

How can a county like Kildare only have such a stadium with such a small capacity?

It is not 6200.

Well, check this out...........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gaelic_Athletic_Association_stadiums

Tubberman

Quote from: Hound on June 25, 2018, 09:02:20 PM
I wonder would it have been moved to Croker if Mayo had come out of the hat first?

Well no, very unlikely given that MacHale Park can hold over 30k
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

shark

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 25, 2018, 09:03:24 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on June 25, 2018, 08:52:08 PM
Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 25, 2018, 08:51:29 PM
Is the capacity of Newbridge really 6200?

How can a county like Kildare only have such a stadium with such a small capacity?

It is not 6200.

Well, check this out...........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gaelic_Athletic_Association_stadiums

Irrefutable evidence. Close the thread.  ::)

Crete Boom

I wonder would it have been moved to Croker if Mayo had come out of the hat first?

Ha I think we all know the answer to that!!
Seriously though does anyone know what grounds the CCCC can give apart from the vague H&S bullshit or the what about old Mayo fans who need a seat shite for not allowing Newbridge hold the game?

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Irish Mirror states 9020 as capacity, RTE states 8500. I've been told by my clubs county board delegate that it is 10000. It is a lot more than 6200 anyway.

Hound

Quote from: Tubberman on June 25, 2018, 09:05:04 PM

Well no, very unlikely given that MacHale Park can hold over 30k
That's what I thought. So FTB's argument that Sky are to blame is pure nonsense. If Mayo had been drawn at home, then the cameras would have gone to MacHale and Brewster

Jinxy

Presentation of the games is another factor.
Castlebar has good camera positions.
Games in Newbridge always look like the cameraman is standing on a milk-crate.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Looks like HQ saw that Cavan couldn't play in Breffni and thought "ah ha Croker double header with Kildare/Mayo €€€€€€€"
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

tippabu

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2018, 09:16:23 PM
Looks like HQ saw that Cavan couldn't play in Breffni and thought "ah ha Croker double header with Kildare/Mayo €€€€€€€"

Seems cavan wanted it in enniskillen but gaa said crike park double header and they agreed

Owen Brannigan

The ground formerly had a capacity of 13,000, but following a health and safety audit in 2011, this was reduced to 8,000 and subsequently to 6,200

This is an embarrassment for Kildare GAA to have such a pitiful ground

JoG2

Quote from: Owen Brannigan on June 25, 2018, 09:18:44 PM
The ground formerly had a capacity of 13,000, but following a health and safety audit in 2011, this was reduced to 8,000 and subsequently to 6,200

This is an embarrassment for Kildare GAA to have such a pitiful ground

It feels like you've made 6200 posts on this point

LooseCannon

Did anyone see no. 47 on the list? 😁

Owen Brannigan

A world-class review of Kildare's county ground

We have spoken before about the issue of Kildare's home ground in Newbridge, St Conleth's Park. The lack of facilities there have forced Kildare onto the road all summer and while it is so far, so good enough is enough for Leinster Leader writer Tommy Callaghan. He devoted a few paragraphs to the state of St Conleth's, and they make for great reading.

"The dressing rooms are about as big enough for a couple of five-a-side teams; the referee's area is overcrowded once the linesmen join the match official and as for the press box, Jesus, don't get me started ...

"For a county that boasts one of the biggest followings in the country it is nothing short of disgraceful that we cannot hold a home game that is likely to attract anything close to 8,000...

"St Conleth's Park remains, in this writer's view, an absolute ideal location in the centre of town if it can get not just a makeover but a complete and utter revamp...

"If the refusal of the CCCC to allow Kildare play Limerick in round three of the qualifiers does nothing else, it might, and I emphasise might, just help to concentrate the minds and finally put an end to the embarrassment that Kildare GAA's number one ground is. The time for a splash of paint, fresh soap and new 'smellies' in the loos to keep the natives on side is well and truly gone."

https://www.joe.ie/sport/the-best-thing-ever-written-about-a-kildare-gaa-ground-38451