Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manfromdelmonte

It's actually funny seeing the Dubs fans back Kildare on this

Jayop

Would be fantastic publicity for Mayo if they could come out and say they back Kildare with this. It's very obvious what way the public opinion is on the issue and I think it would be great for them to show some solidarity.

Not that they have to but turning up in Croker for a walk over would be bad form.

Tubberman

Quote from: dublin7 on June 25, 2018, 08:15:44 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 25, 2018, 08:06:48 PM
I think this issue has become a bit of a lightning rod for the general level of disaffection with the direction the association is heading in.
An authoritarian Croke Park combined with the perception that SKY are calling the shots now is the perfect storm.
The powers that be need to think very carefully about their next move here.

Normally in cases like this sides are evenly split but Jinxy is right everyone around the country (bar some mayo fans) is 100% behind kildare. It's fair to say the GAA thought they could just switch the game and Kildare would suck it up. Well done Kildare co board for standing up to the GAA/sky money men and Cian O'Neill was really impressive on the news.

Disappointed in mayo county board/management. If they had any class they would have already come out and said they would happily play the game in newbridge. That would be the right thing to do and really put the pressure on the GAA.

If GAA don't back down and Mayo go to croker sat night I'll go to newbridge. To be there to offer support and also witness history.

Were you in Newbridge when the Dubs played Kildare in Croker when it should have been their home game? Another clown.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

dublin7

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 25, 2018, 08:18:47 PM

It's actually sad that you would use this to try and have a go at Dubs fans.

Owenmoresider

I think this issue has become a bit of a lightning rod for the general level of disaffection with the direction the association is heading in.
An authoritarian Croke Park combined with the perception that SKY are calling the shots now is the perfect storm.
That's it exactly.

mayo.mick

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 25, 2018, 08:02:55 PM
Fair play to Cian O'Neill. The people of Kildare are fully behind them.

I think a lot of Mayo folk are behind him too! Fair play to Kildare,
mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

Crete Boom

Normally in cases like this sides are evenly split but Jinxy is right everyone around the country (bar some mayo fans) is 100% behind kildare. It's fair to say the GAA thought they could just switch the game and Kildare would suck it up. Well done Kildare co board for standing up to the GAA/sky money men and Cian O'Neill was really impressive on the news.

Disappointed in mayo county board/management. If they had any class they would have already come out and said they would happily play the game in newbridge. That would be the right thing to do and really put the pressure on the GAA.

If GAA don't back down and Mayo go to croker sat night I'll go to newbridge. To be there to offer support and also witness history.

Did the Dublin Co Board back Laois when they were making the same case for playing the dubs in O'Moore Park or Wicklow in Aughrim? If they did fair play to them but if the didn't then you should be just as disappointed in them as you are in the Mayo Co Board!

thewobbler

Quote from: Jayop on June 25, 2018, 08:19:24 PM
Would be fantastic publicity for Mayo if they could come out and say they back Kildare with this. It's very obvious what way the public opinion is on the issue and I think it would be great for them to show some solidarity.

Not that they have to but turning up in Croker for a walk over would be bad form.

Mayo gain nothing by backing Kildare here.

Donnellys Hollow

I doubt anyone in Kildare would hold it against them. Mayo are sort of caught in the crossfire here. It's not their fault that Croke Park just assumed KCB would roll over and have their bellies tickled as they did when they gave up home advantage in 2012 in the qualifiers and 2013 in the league.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Crete Boom

I agree and so do alot of other mayo fans I have been talking to this evening.

sam03/05

It seems to be the done thing to blame SKY for everything in the GAA these days.
I am sure they are well capable of broadcasting two games from two different venues and have already done this in the past and indeed even this season.
So the decision to play the games at Croke Park has nothing to do with them.

Mayo / Tyrone & Cavan have big travelling support (esp when it comes to Croke Park games)
They would pull in a crowd of about 30-35k maybe 40
So the decision is purely based on that I would say.
Plus the majority of teams in Iteland will always jump at a chance to play at Croker - that's what players always tell us.

Hound

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 25, 2018, 08:18:47 PM
Amazingly, Dubs fans or Dublin County Board don't set the fixtures.

I haven't come across a single Dublin fan who didn't think the Wicklow game shouldn't have gone ahead in Aughrim.

Jinxy

Kildare showing great moral courage here in standing up to Corporate HQ.

#NewbridgeOrNowhere
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dublin7

Quote from: Tubberman on June 25, 2018, 08:20:19 PM

Were you in Newbridge when the Dubs played Kildare in Croker when it should have been their home game? Another clown.

Comparing apples and oranges. Everyone New the rules this morning for the draw. First team out gets home advantage. The president of the GAA John Horan was the one who pulled out Kildare at home. I didn't hear the draw but I'd be certain it was announced as the tie of the round and kildare would have home advantage. Did he question the venue at any stage then.

For once the dubs can't be blamed for this despite mayo fans best efforts

seafoid

The GAA leadership have form when it comes to shafting fans in order to please Sky. This wouldn't be the first time.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU