Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Can we all stop saying Sky is to blame?
Now that we've had outbreaks of megaphone diplomacy can either side realistically row back?
As it stands well have Cavan/ Tyrone on a near empty Croke Park, then at 7 we'll have one team on the pitch and the game will be abandoned when there's no one to kick the ball out.
That'll look good live on Sky.
Meanwhile the Kildare team will turn up in Newbridge for their last time together in 2018.
A fine mess.....
Is there a wise oul lad out there somewhere who can sort it all out?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rudi

Well done Kildare. Doing a McStay on it. Interesting to see how this plays out

RedHand88

Quote from: Hound on June 25, 2018, 08:31:24 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 25, 2018, 08:26:53 PM
The GAA leadership have form when it comes to shafting fans in order to please Sky. This wouldn't be the first time.
Blaming Sky is nonsense, and just letting GAA HQ off the hook.
This is all about ticket revenue for the GAA, Sky will cover it no matter where it's held.

Exactly, sky regularly cover games from two grounds.

Rossfan

A lot of diplomacy went on behind the scenes after McStay's calculated outburst.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hound

Quote from: Crete Boom on June 25, 2018, 08:31:55 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 25, 2018, 08:26:20 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 25, 2018, 08:18:47 PM
It's actually funny seeing the Dubs fans back Kildare on this
Amazingly, Dubs fans or Dublin County Board don't set the fixtures.

I haven't come across a single Dublin fan who didn't think the Wicklow game shouldn't have gone ahead in Aughrim.

If we backed Kildare on this maybe it might trigger a rethink from the GAA how they deal with these fixtures don't you think Hound?
I think Kildare are 100% in the right if Newbridge can hold season ticket holders.

I think the only games in Croke Park should be the Leinster final, the Super 8 games between provincial champions, any Dublin home games where Dublin choose Croke Park over Parnell Park, the AI semi finals (replays up for discussion) and the AI final.

Jinxy

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2018, 08:36:20 PM
Now that we've had outbreaks of megaphone diplomacy can either side realistically row back?
As it stands well have Cavan/ Tyrone on a near empty Croke Park, then at 7 we'll have one team on the pitch and the game will be abandoned when there's no one to kick the ball out.
Meanwhile the Kildare team will turn up in Newbridge for their last time together in 2018.
A fine mess.....

If you were any use you'd be playing.

RedHand88

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on June 25, 2018, 08:08:36 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what difference does the venue make to sky sports?

None. Its a red herring. Sky go "up the country" all the time.

Mayo Mick

Quote from: Rossfan on June 25, 2018, 08:36:20 PM
A fine mess.....

No wise ould head needed. Just a bit of humility from CP - something I know they don't have much experience of. No Mayo person wants to get into next round in this way.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

Quote from: Hound on June 25, 2018, 08:39:34 PM

I think Kildare are 100% in the right if Newbridge can hold season ticket holders.

I think the only games in Croke Park should be the Leinster final, the Super 8 games between provincial champions, any Dublin home games where Dublin choose Croke Park over Parnell Park, the AI semi finals (replays up for discussion) and the AI final.

Newbridge can hold the season ticket holders twice over. Have heard Mayo have 3700 or 5000. Official capacity of Newbridge is either 10000 or 8500 (as reported by RTE). It was reduced at one stage to 6200 but when they played Tyrone in 2013 at that capacity there was plenty of room left and there has been more small improvements to facilities since then. Toilets are adequate now too.

From the Bunker

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 25, 2018, 08:40:34 PM
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what difference does the venue make to sky sports?

None. Its a red herring. Sky go "up the country" all the time.

Is it cheaper to for SKY to use the ready made facilities for two games in Croker.
Or is it cheaper to send a camera crew to Newbridge and another Camera crew to Breffini.

LooseCannon

Quote from: sam03/05 on June 25, 2018, 08:25:17 PM
It seems to be the done thing to blame SKY for everything in the GAA these days.
I am sure they are well capable of broadcasting two games from two different venues and have already done this in the past and indeed even this season.
So the decision to play the games at Croke Park has nothing to do with them.

Mayo / Tyrone & Cavan have big travelling support (esp when it comes to Croke Park games)
They would pull in a crowd of about 30-35k maybe 40
So the decision is purely based on that I would say.
Plus the majority of teams in Iteland will always jump at a chance to play at Croker - that's what players always tell us.
Well, they are a shower of c***ts to be fair.

imtommygunn

It sounds to me to be to do with the fact that newbridge can only host it at 7 due to the horse racing earlier? Maybe that time won't facilitate a double header.

Tubberman

Quote from: imtommygunn on June 25, 2018, 08:46:41 PM
It sounds to me to be to do with the fact that newbridge can only host it at 7 due to the horse racing earlier? Maybe that time won't facilitate a double header.

But the double header is fixed for 5pm and 7pm
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Owen Brannigan

Major logistical savings in a ground set up for cameras in fixed positions in Croke Park and only attending one ground rather than two. No need to hire lifts at either end of the ground.  All about the money for Sky. No need to transport the sky pod or set up a studio. All facilities are in place permanently in Croke Park.