2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

portlaoisekid

Some interesting rumours around regarding transfers of some Laois footballers. One out of Laois and a couple of moves inside the county.

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on November 17, 2017, 12:18:06 AM
I'm conscious that I don't want to start another sideshow with you, and in general, I respect what you're saying. I've made the choice not to commit financially to Laois because there is a lot that goes on that I disagree with. Way too much to go into in depth, but players drinking would be part of it. So I've informed the club that I won't be buying or selling the ticket for the foreseeable future. That's my choice and I'm happy enough with it. If lads want to drink and play football that's their business, but I don't believe that any county worth it's salt would tolerate that, and we did. Just my opinion and don't care who thinks if I'm right or wrong. We win nothing and we go nowhere with drinkers
You realise, in essence, its your club you're punishing, not Laois GAA?

Don Draper

Quote from: portlaoisekid on November 17, 2017, 08:44:50 AM
Some interesting rumours around regarding transfers of some Laois footballers. One out of Laois and a couple of moves inside the county.
Fire them up there buddy

SCFC

If it Sean Moore, it's not accurate. He's not leaving Ballyfin.

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on November 17, 2017, 10:15:46 AM
Cant see why he would. Be very strange, and disappointing if another club was trying to poach a player already at senior level.

High Fielder

Quote from: Don Draper on November 17, 2017, 10:04:29 AM
I'm conscious that I don't want to start another sideshow with you, and in general, I respect what you're saying. I've made the choice not to commit financially to Laois because there is a lot that goes on that I disagree with. Way too much to go into in depth, but players drinking would be part of it. So I've informed the club that I won't be buying or selling the ticket for the foreseeable future. That's my choice and I'm happy enough with it. If lads want to drink and play football that's their business, but I don't believe that any county worth it's salt would tolerate that, and we did. Just my opinion and don't care who thinks if I'm right or wrong. We win nothing and we go nowhere with drinkers

I do plenty for the club on a voluntary basis so I wouldn't just measure my contribution financially. Like most clubs in Laois, they too can have a fairly casual approach at Senior level. It honestly doesn't matter that much to me any more. I'd love to see us go well obviously, but there always seems to be a few rogues in the Laois set up and with that mindset, you can't expect too much

Laois fan

Quote from: Don Draper on November 17, 2017, 10:17:04 AM
Quote from: SCFC on November 17, 2017, 10:15:46 AM
Cant see why he would. Be very strange, and disappointing if another club was trying to poach a player already at senior level.
where too plaois?hardly mountmelick.

Don Draper

Quote from: High Fielder on November 17, 2017, 10:57:20 AM
Quote from: Don Draper on November 17, 2017, 10:04:29 AM

I do plenty for the club on a voluntary basis so I wouldn't just measure my contribution financially. Like most clubs in Laois, they too can have a fairly casual approach at Senior level. It honestly doesn't matter that much to me any more. I'd love to see us go well obviously, but there always seems to be a few rogues in the Laois set up and with that mindset, you can't expect too much
So anyone who does something voluntarily for a Club is absolved of any fundraising requirements? Interesting approach.

High Fielder

I do plenty of fundraising, mostly at juvenile level. I think in general, a lot of good and positive work goes on in Laois at underage level. The wheels come off after that.

Laoiseabu

This poaching business sickens my arse . Surely they can find enough players in a town of 25,000 without having to poach off smaller clubs .bullshit

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Laoiseabu on November 17, 2017, 12:18:08 PM
This poaching business sickens my arse . Surely they can find enough players in a town of 25,000 without having to poach off smaller clubs .bullshit
Who the hell said Portlaoise are after anyone!?

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Don Draper on November 17, 2017, 10:05:13 AM
Quote from: portlaoisekid on November 17, 2017, 08:44:50 AM
Fire them up there buddy
One to Athy and another one to make a short move to Josephs I heard. Don't know its true but they both have come from a lad who knows more than me about these things.

brandyandPORT

Quote from: O moore parklife on November 16, 2017, 11:34:25 PM
Quote from: brandyandPORT on November 16, 2017, 07:13:40 PM
Kingston is a massive loss  :'(

Looking at where a primary scoring forward will emerge from will be intriguing.

I think Sugrue made some good choices in picking his back room team.
I think paul Kingston Gary walsh and Alan farrell will step up
Besiides eoin Kearns and stack who else is in there???

Sorry but your talking of replacing Donie with 2 players who were not regular starters under the previous 3 managers, And another who spent the majority of his time with Laois in his own half working (obviously in a role he was asked to play by the previous manager)????

Paul Kingston- Talented footballer, Incredible at times. but hasn't the same physical presence or scoring volume of his sibling

Gary Walsh- Good, But wont contribute the scores Donie has.

Alan Farrell- A workhorse forward, Good skillset but not a prolific scorer.

Maybe this system will suit them, and allow them to flourish.

Kearns could have took any of the other Laois gigs on his own merit.

Stack knows that group, and will have better guidance on the direction of the team than he had with his previous time with Laois

Brendan Delaney-Reportedly very good, and has previously worked with John, It must be said trust in any managerial setup is key !!!

The S&C guy has come from left of field, so I cant comment, as I know very little on him

Think that's the lot.

Unlaoised

Brendan Delaney Is that the umpire from stradbally? ???
LAOIS ABÚ

brandyandPORT

Quote from: Unlaoised on November 17, 2017, 03:46:02 PM
Brendan Delaney Is that the umpire from stradbally? ???

No this man is from Park, and he would be a father of the twins.