Where are they now?

Started by The Real Laoislad, May 15, 2007, 04:00:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Have you ever wondered where a one time  singer/Presenter/Soccer player etc has ended up now that they have retired or gone from the limelight
As the song goes what ever happened to Corey Haim
So if you know of someone from yester year who was one time famous and you know how they ended up post it here

I read the other day yer man Spider the freak eco warrior that was in Corrie is working in a cafe somewhere in London trying to make a few shillings for himself
Also remember Rob Jones who played for Liverpool until injury cut he's career short he is now running a childrens nursery in Cheshire
You'll Never Walk Alone.

downredblack

Buster Blood Vessel , Runs a hotel called Fatty Towers . As well as touring Bad Manners 5 songs around .

ONeill

Elvis is lining out at left half back for Grenard. He was on the receiving end of a kick in the knackers last week from a Mullingar fan. Reports say he was all shook up. He was admitted to Sender hospital near Navan but signed himself out. The manager went mad as he was footing the bill and told him to return to Sender. Elvis said no and that he'd miss the big game against the Slashers but the manager said "Here, a little less conversation, a little more action, please". He was again all shook up.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

bingobus

Mike Hooper - Long term Liverpool reserve goalkeeper was (until recently anyway) a doorman in Newcastle.

Neil Webb - Ex Man United and Forest midfielder is a postman.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: ONeill on May 15, 2007, 04:51:54 PM
Elvis is lining out at left half back for Grenard. He was on the receiving end of a kick in the knackers last week from a Mullingar fan. Reports say he was all shook up. He was admitted to Sender hospital near Navan but signed himself out. The manager went mad as he was footing the bill and told him to return to Sender. Elvis said no and that he'd miss the big game against the Slashers but the manager said "Here, a little less conversation, a little more action, please". He was again all shook up.

I have a Suspicious Mind about that O'Neill  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

aontroim abu

Theres no need for that you hounddog

SuperSub

Former Irish soccer legend Steve Staunton is now starring in a production called the Muppet Show

new devil

Quote from: ONeill on May 15, 2007, 04:51:54 PM

:D :D :D :D :D

Bud Wiser

Quote[Elvis is lining out at left half back for Grenard. He was on the receiving end of a kick in the knackers last week from a Mullingar fan. Reports say he was all shook up. He was admitted to Sender hospital near Navan but signed himself out. The manager went mad as he was footing the bill and told him to return to Sender. Elvis said no and that he'd miss the big game against the Slashers but the manager said "Here, a little less conversation, a little more action, please". He was again all shook up. /quote]

Good man O'Neill !  ;D

gallsman

Quote from: SuperSub on May 15, 2007, 06:01:08 PM
Former Irish soccer legend Steve Staunton is now starring in a production called the Muppet Show

Excellent.

Apparently Vanilla Ice sells corn dogs as a street vendor.

PrivatePile

I think MC Hammer sold jet skis for a while.......

oakleafer

QuoteMike Hooper - Long term Liverpool reserve goalkeeper was (until recently anyway) a doorman in Newcastle.

Neil Webb - Ex Man United and Forest midfielder is a postman

just goes to show the increase in wages in recent years.....theres no way a footballer toady about the same level of Neil Webb (say jemaine jenas) would ever in a million years have to work as a postman when he retired. The wages that these chaps get now must make the guys like Webb etc sick.....and rightly so.

muppet

Quote from: SuperSub on May 15, 2007, 06:01:08 PM

Supersub please withdraw that remark immediately. I consider it defamatory to Muppets everywhere the very notion that any of our performers are in any way involved with Irish soccer. We thoroughly assess the qualifications of every candidate and I can assure you that 'Assistant Coach as Walsall ' would never be enough for a part in the Muppet Show.

In the future with a sustained period of impressive results the Irish manager may indeed demostrate the qualities to be considered a Muppet, but for the moment he is along was short of that.
MWWSI 2017