Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Some middlin goalkeeping from both PSG keepers today.

Emery completely different style to Arsene. Plays every ball standing on the sideline. Don't know if he's just helping to bed in a system and needs to do this or if it's his way.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rodney trotter

It's what Arsenal needed. They were in their comfort zone under Wenger. He wants them to play high press, whether he can get Ozil to do that too, remains to be seen.

ONeill

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on July 28, 2018, 02:28:32 PM
Some middlin goalkeeping from both PSG keepers today.

Emery completely different style to Arsene. Plays every ball standing on the sideline. Don't know if he's just helping to bed in a system and needs to do this or if it's his way.

Think he sits and his assistant is mental.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 30, 2018, 11:25:15 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 30, 2018, 11:15:21 AM
Anyone going Wed night?

Yeah I am.

I am in 2 minds, plenty of tickets available and I only work 10 mins away so probably leave it till Wed to decide.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

mrdeeds

Syferus

ONeill

I didn't get to see any of Sunday's game....anything newish?

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on August 15, 2018, 09:43:46 AM
I didn't get to see any of Sunday's game....anything newish?

We dumped a 19 year old into midfield against City, Xhaka and Ramsey were taken off before him, he just about kept his head above water. He will be a good one. Lichtsteiner is a w**ker, really raised aggression levels when he came on and Lacazette not afraid to leave a foot in.

So definitely more physical, as season progresses can only see one of Ramsey, Ozil, Mkhitaryan starting away games and only 2 at home. They are too tippy tappy and wasteful in possession.
#newbridgeornowhere

mrdeeds

Ramsey played very far forward. More or less a striker. Emery wants to play out from keeper which Cech will struggle with. Torreira and Lacazette made difference when came on so expect them to start Saturday with Aubameyang out wide. Lichsteiner shut Marhez down by pure aggression and should probably start.

Ambrose

Spurs goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has picked up more points than the Gunners this season.  ;D
You can't live off history and tradition forever

mrdeeds

Quote from: Ambrose on August 24, 2018, 02:20:06 PM
Spurs goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has picked up more points than the Gunners this season.  ;D

I'd imagine he'll lose his licence rather than pick up points.