When will club football start?

Started by Smokin Joe, February 10, 2021, 09:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eire90

scrap the leagues this year no need sure we have qualifiers this year so everyone gets two games

Eire90

Whats the Chances of there being a knockout only championship this year again.

armaghniac

Quote from: Eire90 on February 25, 2021, 02:37:55 AM
Whats the Chances of there being a knockout only championship this year again.

Yes, Dublin will knock everyone else out.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Club Players Association to consider shutting shop now that the split season has been voted in.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

uimhr ocht

Does anyone think club underage fball/hurling will be allowed alongside the intercounty which is going first in may/june?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: uimhr ocht on March 01, 2021, 04:41:16 PM
Does anyone think club underage fball/hurling will be allowed alongside the intercounty which is going first in may/june?

Hopefully,it's much more important to our association in my eyes

Cluborcountywhynotboth

I think the notion of a 'split season' is being taken too literally by some. My understanding is that adult club (and I would assume underage) activity is still going to take place in the form of leagues etc... it will be later league games, playoffs and Championships etc.. that are played during the club only section of the season.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Cluborcountywhynotboth on March 01, 2021, 07:44:14 PM
I think the notion of a 'split season' is being taken too literally by some. My understanding is that adult club (and I would assume underage) activity is still going to take place in the form of leagues etc... it will be later league games, playoffs and Championships etc.. that are played during the club only section of the season.

That is my understanding of it also. Club leagues etc will take place from March/April onwards but without county players. All so called 'important' league fixtures (top 4, play offs etc) will take place alongside championship from August onwards. Don't forget that provincial and AI club series has to be played also before the year end.
Actually not that much time if you are a dual county that plays round robin championship - it will be hectic from August onwards. 

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 02, 2021, 11:05:32 AM

That is my understanding of it also. Club leagues etc will take place from March/April onwards but without county players. All so called 'important' league fixtures (top 4, play offs etc) will take place alongside championship from August onwards. Don't forget that provincial and AI club series has to be played also before the year end.
Actually not that much time if you are a dual county that plays round robin championship - it will be hectic from August onwards.

will northern counties get going before the south?

Rossfan

Careful Fear.......
32 County organisation
All Ireland ethos
No partitionism
No different approaches in 6 Cos.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

smort

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 02, 2021, 11:05:32 AM

Really? I hope not. Don't want to go back to the christmas/new year start (know of adult teams starting before Christmas) and still playing football into likely September or October

Would prefer a clean split, with maybe a bit of overlap in July if needs be

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Rossfan on March 02, 2021, 11:58:54 AM
Careful Fear.......
32 County organisation
All Ireland ethos
No partitionism

Lol, wait to you hear the moaning, this will be interesting

themac_23

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 02, 2021, 12:10:46 PM
Careful Fear.......
32 County organisation
All Ireland ethos
No partitionism

Outdoor sport in the north without spectators will be open on the first lifting of restrictions so the GAA really need to clear that up, if people are allowed to play soccer and rugby but not GAA it'll be a huge own goal for the GAA

Mikhailov

Quote from: themac_23 on March 02, 2021, 02:23:04 PM
Careful Fear.......
32 County organisation
All Ireland ethos
No partitionism

Outdoor sport in the north without spectators will be open on the first lifting of restrictions so the GAA really need to clear that up, if people are allowed to play soccer and rugby but not GAA it'll be a huge own goal for the GAA

The southern counties didn't wait on their northern colleagues in 2020. They hammered on ahead and started challenge games 2/3 weeks before the north got the go ahead. Despite John Horan big talk on TSG that everyone starts together it didn't happen.

themac_23

Quote from: Mikhailov on March 02, 2021, 02:34:19 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on March 02, 2021, 02:23:04 PM
Careful Fear.......
32 County organisation
All Ireland ethos
No partitionism

Exactly, all island approach when it suits them, when outdoor sport is given the go ahead there is no justifiable reason for kids not to be back at it. I don't think anyone in the south with the GAA at heart would complain about games in the north back going

The southern counties didn't wait on their northern colleagues in 2020. They hammered on ahead and started challenge games 2/3 weeks before the north got the go ahead. Despite John Horan big talk on TSG that everyone starts together it didn't happen.