China Coronavirus

Started by lurganblue, January 23, 2020, 09:52:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angelo

Quote from: trailer on March 02, 2021, 03:41:32 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 02, 2021, 03:34:10 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on March 02, 2021, 03:28:52 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 02, 2021, 02:38:11 PM
If it's your business on your premises and you want to bring in these rules, who am I to argue against you?

It's your pitch, we play your rules. If you are happy enough with potential loss of earnings by "offending" people that similarly is on you I suppose.

I think you'll find insurance providers will dictate everything and premiums will be reflect workplace or business policies. Gyms may not enforce people having a vaccine but any extra cost on their liability insurance will end up being passed on to members. Ski resorts would be one of the easiest places to catch covid. I fully expect snow sports insurance premiums to reflect whether you have a vaccine or not.

Be interested to see how peoples principles are offended once refusal of a "free" vaccine starts hitting them in the pocket.

I get your point, but Covid has a survival rate of something like 99.98% no? Not like those who go off skiing are likely to be too hard hit by Covid themselves. Obviously there is the spread issue but at what point does an insurance cert stop caring as long as the payee is ok, and thus the liability ends?

Sooner or later people are going to start asking the question about this 99% survival rate. Again, Devil Advocate, not saying it's my own view - but 99%+ survival and we are talking really stuff that brings us into the realm of conspiracy and great resets and this type of stuff.

Dunno what the exact rate is on survival but agree its the vast vast majority. Problem is though that the amount of people who land into hospital. January was crazy for hospitals. It's not fair on those staff and we must do everything we can to stop the spread.

January was crazy this year.

Yet less people died in January this year than did in January three years ago.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Armagh18

Nothing but waffle. Never ever going to be voting for Sinn Fein again.

seafoid

https://www.ft.com/content/deefc0d5-5f85-486a-8cd8-38df48a8d325

World Health Organization investigators have downplayed a Chinese theory that coronavirus was brought to Wuhan through frozen food, underlining the charged geopolitics surrounding the roots of Covid-19.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

themac_23

Quote from: Armagh18 on March 02, 2021, 04:02:12 PM

Same, I was frustrated but thought it was a good idea with regards to keeping lockdown in jan and feb for the health service, but now the goalposts have moved. Now capacity in hospital is only 1 of a number of things to be looked at, complete joke. What's the point in the vaccine if all the good work it's doing is being ignored.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Angelo on March 02, 2021, 03:57:14 PM
If it's your business on your premises and you want to bring in these rules, who am I to argue against you?

It's your pitch, we play your rules. If you are happy enough with potential loss of earnings by "offending" people that similarly is on you I suppose.

I think you'll find insurance providers will dictate everything and premiums will be reflect workplace or business policies. Gyms may not enforce people having a vaccine but any extra cost on their liability insurance will end up being passed on to members. Ski resorts would be one of the easiest places to catch covid. I fully expect snow sports insurance premiums to reflect whether you have a vaccine or not.

Be interested to see how peoples principles are offended once refusal of a "free" vaccine starts hitting them in the pocket.

I get your point, but Covid has a survival rate of something like 99.98% no? Not like those who go off skiing are likely to be too hard hit by Covid themselves. Obviously there is the spread issue but at what point does an insurance cert stop caring as long as the payee is ok, and thus the liability ends?

Sooner or later people are going to start asking the question about this 99% survival rate. Again, Devil Advocate, not saying it's my own view - but 99%+ survival and we are talking really stuff that brings us into the realm of conspiracy and great resets and this type of stuff.

Dunno what the exact rate is on survival but agree its the vast vast majority. Problem is though that the amount of people who land into hospital. January was crazy for hospitals. It's not fair on those staff and we must do everything we can to stop the spread.

Deaths year to date in the North (w/e 19/2/21) are 3,118. Deaths on average for the same period for the previous 5 years are 2,530, so deaths this year are 23.24% above average so far. And that is with significant restrictions in place (meaning it's not a like for like comparison with 3 years ago).

I know you found a table showing January deaths were higher three years ago but if you look at the weekly stats every week this year has been higher than the highest number recorded for the equivalent week in the previous 5 years (indicating there is a timing issue with the monthly one's you are relying on).

clarshack

Quote from: themac_23 on March 02, 2021, 04:14:51 PM

Same, I was frustrated but thought it was a good idea with regards to keeping lockdown in jan and feb for the health service, but now the goalposts have moved. Now capacity in hospital is only 1 of a number of things to be looked at, complete joke. What's the point in the vaccine if all the good work it's doing is being ignored.

Same here too.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: clarshack on March 02, 2021, 04:20:49 PM
Quote from: themac_23 on March 02, 2021, 04:14:51 PM

Same here too.

Hopefully this is what finally breaks down the Green and Orange blockade in this country when it comes to voting.

I don't know anyone in "real life" with anything good to say about the politicians here right now.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

haven't the talent north of the border

the goal was on

Just remember as well as politicians there is about probably about 12 spads worth £1.5 mill a year helped come up with this.

Armagh18

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 02, 2021, 04:27:42 PM

haven't the talent north of the border
f**k all alternatives though. SDLP are far worse and Alliance are just posh Unionists. Aontu look decent from what I can see.

trailer

Frustrating with no clarity. Very disappointing.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: trailer on March 02, 2021, 04:35:58 PM

There was never anything else coming but this.

In one of my weaker moments earlier I thought it wouldn't even be that bad if we had Boris ruling it here, at least he's willing to stick his neck on the line for his beliefs instead of a whole pile of wait and see what happens here.

Essentially nothing now until April 16th. Won't be surprised if this manifests itself in an increase of blatant breaches now. People are angry.

And another leak to the media, Cool FM fit to tweet about it before it was actually announced. I despair. I really do.

RedHand88

All nonsense scribbled on the back of a fag packet. Remember they had something similar last summer and then just did their own thing anyway?

trailer

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on March 02, 2021, 04:39:01 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 02, 2021, 04:35:58 PM

There was never anything else coming but this.

In one of my weaker moments earlier I thought it wouldn't even be that bad if we had Boris ruling it here, at least he's willing to stick his neck on the line for his beliefs instead of a whole pile of wait and see what happens here.

Essentially nothing now until April 16th. Won't be surprised if this manifests itself in an increase of blatant breaches now. People are angry.

And another leak to the media, Cool FM fit to tweet about it before it was actually announced. I despair. I really do.

There's a review on the 18th I think so you'd expect movement then. Are people adhering to the restrictions? Roads are far busier and I saw pictures of Newcastle at the weekend and it was packed. Certainly going against the stay at home message.

Angelo

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 02, 2021, 04:17:04 PM
Quote from: Angelo on March 02, 2021, 03:57:14 PM

Deaths year to date in the North (w/e 19/2/21) are 3,118. Deaths on average for the same period for the previous 5 years are 2,530, so deaths this year are 23.24% above average so far. And that is with significant restrictions in place (meaning it's not a like for like comparison with 3 years ago).

I know you found a table showing January deaths were higher three years ago but if you look at the weekly stats every week this year has been higher than the highest number recorded for the equivalent week in the previous 5 years (indicating there is a timing issue with the monthly one's you are relying on).

And I'm making reference to 2018, not last year.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL