Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenMan

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 05, 2019, 04:03:25 PM
Was chatting to my cousin there who plays club football in Monaghan. Is there any chance of their system of 5 point and 2 point games coming in to replace the starred system? It does have its downsides but there's always loads of club football during the summer.

No chance Clubs would support it. It would mean playing even more games without their County Players which isn't going to happen.

There's no sole solution at County and Croke Park level.

GlenMan

The problem is that Clubs don't want change. There have been numerous meetings at Garvaghey between CCC and Clubs - each time Clubs basically indicate they don't want any changes, they just want to have their County Players.

So how can anyone win?

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 05, 2019, 10:47:04 PM
Quote from: GlenMan on August 05, 2019, 09:48:32 PM
The problem is that Clubs don't want change. There have been numerous meetings at Garvaghey between CCC and Clubs - each time Clubs basically indicate they don't want any changes, they just want to have their County Players.

So how can anyone win?

You're somewhat on the button. Tyrone is one of the most conservative counties in the GAA when it comes to overhauling its internal structures (bar a period in the 70's) and be willing to engage in even experimenting with ideas that are more than just tweaks.

If the current intercounty season remains as it is, clubs with players in the senior & u20 county panels just cannot expect to have them available for 15 league games plus championship. I don't think any county guarantees something along the same lines.

I know its niave but I expect 'my' County Board to push for reform at Croke Pk. A good start would be to revert U20s back to early Spring.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

GlenMan

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 05, 2019, 10:54:18 PM

So how can anyone win?

You're somewhat on the button. Tyrone is one of the most conservative counties in the GAA when it comes to overhauling its internal structures (bar a period in the 70's) and be willing to engage in even experimenting with ideas that are more than just tweaks.

If the current intercounty season remains as it is, clubs with players in the senior & u20 county panels just cannot expect to have them available for 15 league games plus championship. I don't think any county guarantees something along the same lines.

I know its niave but I expect 'my' County Board to push for reform at Croke Pk. A good start would be to revert U20s back to early Spring.

Like swimming against the tide. HQ is having a Special Congress in a few months in which they'll force through new age grades across Counties. This is their priority rather than fixing the fixtures.

blewuporstuffed

So how can anyone win?

\i think clubs will have to give ground somewhere here.
The starred system would have worked ok this year only for the under 20s and clubs refusal to play without those players.
While I have sympathy for them, I think the senior club fixtures will just have to continue regardless of the availability of u20 players.
That alongside the 5 starred games, i think we could have a feasible fixture schedule of clubs playing every second week during the summer.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

OurKid

Was chatting to my cousin there who plays club football in Monaghan. Is there any chance of their system of 5 point and 2 point games coming in to replace the starred system? It does have its downsides but there's always loads of club football during the summer.
Is that right? My cousin in Monaghan says your lying.

omagh_gael

Quote from: OurKid on August 08, 2019, 12:27:02 PM

What part is a lie?

Pearse Blue

Another great and intelligent input from ourkid who comes on here to defend muggery and harass one of our senior stars repeatedly

OurKid

Quote from: Pearse Blue on August 09, 2019, 08:46:01 AM
Another great and intelligent input from ourkid who comes on here to defend muggery and harass one of our senior stars repeatedly
Harass is a bit far now , you must be a fan of my everlasting knowledge regarding Tyrone GAA? The discussion board may be a bit too much for you. You should probably stick to sheering sheep.

OurKid 2.0

Think its a disgrace that reserve players are being asked to play at 2pm on a saturday, Owen rose having to travel to galbally beragh having to travel to strabane and brocagh having to travel to brackaville no thought for the club player

Pearse Blue

Quote from: OurKid on August 09, 2019, 11:37:24 AM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on August 09, 2019, 08:46:01 AM
Harass is a bit far now , you must be a fan of my everlasting knowledge regarding Tyrone GAA? The discussion board may be a bit too much for you. You should probably stick to sheering sheep.
Ourkid, the man made a sensible suggestion about the terrible league structure we have and your childish replies to sensible suggestions are what doesn't fit on the discussion board.

bogball88

Quote from: OurKid 2.0 on August 09, 2019, 11:46:23 AM
Think its a disgrace that reserve players are being asked to play at 2pm on a saturday, Owen rose having to travel to galbally beragh having to travel to strabane and brocagh having to travel to brackaville no thought for the club player
:o

LeoMc

Quote from: bogball88 on August 09, 2019, 12:25:27 PM
:o
They would need to be up early to make that drive in a single day, probably stop for dinner en route.

Keyboard Warrior

Don't understand all the pearl clutching about Saturday fixtures. Most people don't work on Saturdays and better than playing no fixture. Games earlier in the day at least let players avail of a night out.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Keyboard Warrior on August 09, 2019, 03:24:09 PM

Don't understand all the pearl clutching about Saturday fixtures. Most people don't work on Saturdays and better than playing no fixture. Games earlier in the day at least let players avail of a night out.

You cant win though KW.
No fixtures this weekend and the same guys would have been up in arms.
Later fixtures Saturday and the same guys complaining about not getting to watch the dubs v mayo
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either