American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marty34

Is that astroturf?

Plus how could players focus with that half-time show going on?

Imagine that at Croke Park?

Captain Obvious

This is simliar to the Seahawks against Broncos final.

dublin7

Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 08, 2021, 02:13:32 AM

KC in big trouble. Mahomes has to throw the ball now, but his offensive line is getting killed so he has no time to set up the big plays they usually have

gallsman

Quote from: dublin7 on February 08, 2021, 02:17:08 AM
Quote from: Captain Obvious on February 08, 2021, 02:13:32 AM

KC in big trouble. Mahomes has to throw the ball now, but his offensive line is getting killed so he has no time to set up the big plays they usually have

Not saying the game would look too different but the loss of Schwartz and Fisher is killing them.

omochain

Ball burst .. game over. Mahomes lack of protection and his turf toe is killing KC

gallsman

Absolute bottle job from Mahomes there. Scrambling for his life on every play, gets it away while about to get sacked on 4th AND he didn't run up the field to catch the ball himself. Coward.

dublin7

The throws Mahomes made on 3rd & 4th down were insane. Falling to the ground and he's throwing darts. The one on 4th
down should have been caught.

TB only have 2 sacks, but that doesn't tell the story. He'll be doing well just to finish the game without getting hurt. TB lineman are just hunting him down now

GiveItToTheShooters

Mahomes like a deer in the headlights here. Tampa better all over the field. The so-called experts haven't a clue

Captain Obvious

Mahomes so indecisive tonight.

gallsman

cadhlancian

The game was won as they say in the trenches! The chiefs OL simply couldnt handle that Buccs front 4 , and that was with Bowles only sending 4 blitz's. Mahomes rarely got his feet set tonight . Eric Harris was a huge loss for the Chiefs . Brady is some cat, they wont be easy stopped next year either....

gallsman

Eric Fisher.

Eric Harris was, I think, one of the Columbine shooters

cadhlancian

Taylor

Mahomes was badly let down.
The protection he got was non existent during the whole game.
Some of those dropped passes are inexcusable.

Bucs D was exceptional - double coverage on Hill took away Mahomes going long.
Kelce was marshalled very well throughout.

Brady wasnt outstanding - more competent I would say.
He has however seems to have a fantastic team spirit going in Tampa.

He got fantastic protection.

Be interesting to see if the Chiefs team stick together

lurganblue

The buccs D had brought that same pressure to Brees and Rodgers in the playoffs so I suppose that was to be expected again.  The Chiefs really struggled at the O Line.

I found the flags very frustrating all evening.  Minimal reasons for pass interference in my opinion.  Looking at what was allowed during the NFC and AFC championship games and what was not allowed in the Superbowl, it's chalk and cheese.  Throw in the non call for the false start by Gronk and it doesn't make good viewing.

That being said, Tampa were the best team on both sides of the ball and deserved winners.  Such an improvement on how that team started out the season.