Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hurlingmad

Quote from: Helix on March 07, 2017, 05:15:34 PM
So what happens next so if a person doesn't hurl with club for a year? Are they granted a transfer or just tied down unless an intercounty transfer. There was about 4-5 Kyle transfer requests (not sure if underage players). Hopefully Kyle can stay afloat.

The Sheppard chaps play and always did underage with b/k and apparently are desperate to play with b/k with no intention of playing for Kyle at adult level according to their mam who is a lovely woman  and their transfers were refused last year too

HURLING1

I suppose from a county board point of view Gilmartin played all his juvenile hurling with Camross so different from the Conroy situation. Also I hear he didn't name his Portlaoise address as his full time abode.

hurlingmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on March 07, 2017, 07:15:45 PM
Be interesting too see what Conroy and Slieve Bloom's next move is?
It sure will, this is unusual to me as you said in an earlier post that a transfer as we know it cant be refused if the player is residing in the area where he wishes to transfer.. there must of been some arguement by slieve bloom as they arent short numbers unlike kyle and conor quinlan who put down his home address with reason for transfer to just simply play senior hurling

clonadmad

Quote from: HURLING1 on March 07, 2017, 07:35:33 PM
I suppose from a county board point of view Gilmartin played all his juvenile hurling with Camross so different from the Conroy situation. Also I hear he didn't name his Portlaoise address as his full time abode.

Conroy did gave a portlaoise address

Ballygowen

was there any internal transfer granted or were they all turned down?

High Fielder

The whole process is a joke really. Based on some of the transfers granted before, you'd wonder how ANY transfer could be turned down in Laois. Like most things, you need pull it seems

honest hurler

from what i hear slieve bloom have lost not one great but 3 and its devestating to a small club but bear in mind slieve bloom could have avoided this by accepting the gaels two months ago i am told it was never going to be on only at the last minute when the horse has bolted i aggree with mountrath 1 this fiasco should never have happened but i also aggree that these intercounty players should be accomadated and keep the small club alive

hurlingmad

Quote from: honest hurler on March 07, 2017, 09:50:06 PM
from what i hear slieve bloom have lost not one great but 3 and its devestating to a small club but bear in mind slieve bloom could have avoided this by accepting the gaels two months ago i am told it was never going to be on only at the last minute when the horse has bolted i aggree with mountrath 1 this fiasco should never have happened but i also aggree that these intercounty players should be accomadated and keep the small club alive
The 3 conroys i presume? Heard that daddy went and threw his toys out of the pram

Helix

Quote from: hurlingmad on March 07, 2017, 10:05:17 PM
The 3 conroys i presume? Heard that daddy went and threw his toys out of the pram

Would be a shame to lose those 3. Hopefully this gets rectified.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

hurlingmad

Quote from: Helix on March 07, 2017, 10:10:13 PM

What in the name of good christ were they playing at by turning down a gaels amalgamation with castletown for, not to mention ballinakill who have took on junior c hurlers in slieve margy, who is the chairman? Chris Eubank snr?lol

Don Draper

Quote from: hurlingmad on March 07, 2017, 10:20:38 PM

What in the name of good christ were they playing at by turning down a gaels amalgamation with castletown for, not to mention ballinakill who have took on junior c hurlers in slieve margy, who is the chairman? Chris Eubank snr?lol
You've been grinding that axe for a while, it must be quare sharp by now.

Keyser Söze

I also had heard that it was Slieve Bloom who turned down the Castletown join up.
If so, they have walked themselves into some mess.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

hurlingmad

Quote from: Keyser Söze on March 07, 2017, 10:32:22 PM

I also had heard that it was Slieve Bloom who turned down the Castletown join up.
Walked? I would of said nose dived

Helix

Quote from: hurlingmad on March 07, 2017, 10:35:55 PM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on March 07, 2017, 10:32:22 PM

Walked? I would of said nose dived

Hopefully the underage teams Castletown/Slieve Bloom won't keel over now with whatever divide is going on in the adult clubs.
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

i am delighted that daly and conroy were refused dubious transfers. they come from small clubs who have enjoyed recent success and they would be best advised to stay put and help build the brand instead of making an individual fuss to play at a higher level.
I have sympathy with the kyle situation, Laois Gaa should be supporting small border outfits like this one and coming up with a plan to help give them stability or alternatively put in train a process to wind it down and accommodate the players elsewhere. the county board doing nil does not help, granting transfers out of kyle would be death by a thousand cuts.

the transfer of conroy in particular is puzzling. if I am correct, he played senior football in a gaels arrangement with ballyfin last year. why did his club not seek to cement that arrangement by organising a hurling gaels link up? or was senior b not of sufficient standard.
in conversation today with a member of the county executive who sat on the committee hearings last night, conroy was quizzed on his "portlaoise address" and the answers were not satisfactory, the chairman wondered why the player was using his home address for vouched expenses with the county team and supplied a different portlaoise address for the transfer!.

these Daly/Conroy style transfers bring us back to the thorny issue of the policy in this county of properly organising area/gaels teams within the current senior hurling and football championships. certain senior clubs will be against the idea, especially football ones, and unless policy is directed and led by the county board, it will remain a bone of contention.

finally I encountered an officer of slieve bloom in Roscrea last week and asked the question as to why they did no join up with Castletown or Ballyfin(my query). He said the one pre-condition his club presented to castletown for a Gaels join up was that the Gaels team would field in a neutral jersey. castletown would not entertain that proposition and there ended that potential link up. He told me Ballyfin never contacted them about joining up for hurling.  That is what I have been told, true or not.