Should Tyrone speak to RTE

Started by CD, August 20, 2018, 11:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: CD on August 20, 2018, 06:31:07 PM
Quote from: southtyronegael on August 20, 2018, 06:08:16 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on August 20, 2018, 05:36:50 PM
How much of a factor is the Carthy thing in this or is it purely relating to his daughter?

Really you would hope it gets resolved as it makes a farce of things leading up to an AI.

Does harte want an apology or as it stands what does it take to resolve it? My understanding was Carthy was the main factor but I could be wrong on that.
yes carthy was the original one in may 2011 then rte got back at harte in august 2011 which basically elevated the stand off.

There's been a lot of 'guff' directed at Tyrone and personally at Mickey Harte in subsequent years from prominent pundits that have exacerbated the situation. Apparently the falling attendances, boring games, death of the corner forward are all Mickey Harte's fault.

Ach pundits talk a lot of shite at times. I would be very surprised if that has anything to do with anything unless he is trying to go down that jimmy mcguinness tin foil hat route.

Kidder81

The Tyrone board should tell Micky they are reducing his salary if this continues

RedHand88

Quote from: Kidder81 on August 20, 2018, 07:32:26 PM
The Tyrone board should tell Micky they are reducing his salary if this continues

Money is irrelevant.

Dougal Maguire

Careful now

delgany

TÍR EOGHAIN: THE UNBREAKABLE BOND - Our new

@NIScreen

supported film about a unique generation of

@TyroneGAALive

footballers who transformed the game premieres this Sunday (26th August) on

@TG4TV

@ 20.30 #theunbreakablebond #ClubTyrone #AllIrelandFinal #GAA

@SportTG4

#tyrone

Rossfan

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 20, 2018, 08:58:15 PM
https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/mickey-harte-brian-carthy-and-that-fourpage-letter-to-rte-26741449.html
It's bad enough that Carty embarrasses us with his commentaries but he loves fkn Country and Western caterwauling as well.
Wish he'd ride off into the sunset  :-[
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dougal Maguire

Jesus so Harte is trying to run RTE Sports personnel department?
Careful now

BennyHarp

Quote from: hardstation on August 20, 2018, 09:50:20 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on August 20, 2018, 05:22:26 PM
it was 7 f**king years ago get over it Mickey,
WTF is wrong with people on this board!
That "sketch" came 7 months after his daughter was brutally murdered on her honeymoon. He and his family were in the depths of grief when this was broadcast to the nation. For me, that is something that any man would struggle to "get over" in his lifetime never mind in "7 f**king years".
You are some ignorant pup.

+1 It beggars belief that people think Mickey should just "get over it". Mickey has had to pick up the pieces for his whole family over the tragic death of Michaela. He has done it with dignity and a strength of character that I have the utmost respect for. I have personal experience if him going way above and beyond to help those cope with grief by making himself available to listen and comfort others when he was in the middle of coping with immense pain himself. People can criticise Mickey's tactics, his style of football, his stubbornness when dealing with the county board etc but when criticising how he chooses to deal with people who publicly cause offence to him and his family at a time of extreme grief, then I think people have stepped way, way over the line. Fair play to the county board, panel and most of the Tyrone people for backing Mickey on this.
That was never a square ball!!

trueblue1234

Quote from: hardstation on August 20, 2018, 09:50:20 PM
Quote from: Orchard park on August 20, 2018, 05:22:26 PM
it was 7 f**king years ago get over it Mickey,
WTF is wrong with people on this board!
That "sketch" came 7 months after his daughter was brutally murdered on her honeymoon. He and his family were in the depths of grief when this was broadcast to the nation. For me, that is something that any man would struggle to "get over" in his lifetime never mind in "7 f**king years".
You are some ignorant pup.
+1
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Hereiam

Some of the shite on social media in relation to this is hard to read. It all reflects badly on our nation when you see what people will post, and you would expect better from the gaa community tbh

bigtogs

Mickey Harte should never be forced to deal with Rte..... But as a county we should be cutting some deal with RTE, all off this looks bad on our County and looks like Mickey is dictating to all in around on the incident whether he is or not... 13 DAYS before an all Ireland final we should be talking about football not this....

IolarCoisCuain

Quote from: hardstation on August 20, 2018, 05:07:19 PM
If the "sketch" drew reference to your daughter who had been tragically murdered, I'm not sure you would be so understanding or forgiving. I know I wouldn't be.
The cnut should have been given the road.

There is a parallel to be drawn with the Barry McIlduff thing. Although I think this is worse as we know RTE were having a swipe at Harte. McIlduff might have just really fcuked up.

Either way, slán.

I've never got the feeling that Mickey wanted Murray given the road. I think he just wanted RTÉ to say sorry like they meant it. What does it say about RTÉ that they couldn't manage that?

trueblue1234

Quote from: bigtogs on August 20, 2018, 10:13:18 PM
Mickey Harte should never be forced to deal with Rte..... But as a county we should be cutting some deal with RTE, all off this looks bad on our County and looks like Mickey is dictating to all in around on the incident whether he is or not... 13 DAYS before an all Ireland final we should be talking about football not this....
As a county I would hope we would back our own manager in a dispute where he was the victim of a personal vindictive media attack rather than bowing down to make it easy for RTE. And there's plenty of neutral people who agree with MH on this. Your anti Harte agenda has been clear on here for a long time so I'm not surprised to see you twist this to try and make Harte look like the bad guy. No doubt you'll be cheering Dublin on come September like you cheered for Meath.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

bigtogs

Quote from: trueblue1234 on August 20, 2018, 10:30:38 PM
Quote from: bigtogs on August 20, 2018, 10:13:18 PM
As a county I would hope we would back our own manager in a dispute where he was the victim of a personal vindictive media attack rather than bowing down to make it easy for RTE. And there's plenty of neutral people who agree with MH on this. Your anti Harte agenda has been clear on here for a long time so I'm not surprised to see you twist this to try and make Harte look like the bad guy. No doubt you'll be cheering Dublin on come September like you cheered for Meath.

There are plenty who disagree as well.... I cheered Meath???? wise up man ffs....