Catholics voting DUP

Started by longballin, June 05, 2018, 11:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Applesisapples

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 18, 2018, 09:01:27 AM
I think he said he was going to meet some abuse victims?
He would need to grovel.

smelmoth

Quote from: tiempo on June 08, 2018, 07:42:15 PM
no-one born on the island of Ireland is british. Fact.

you see that is where you go wrong. At the very beginning. The word for what in your head is UKish is British. This is not a difficult concept and it would be embarrassing for you if you were to make this mistake again and worrying for those who care about you

smelmoth

Quote from: Rossfan on June 09, 2018, 12:53:36 PM
I'd say Tiempo will have an unmercifully fit if he lives to see the tyoe of All Ireland State we'll end up with😁😂

Tiempo would not be on his own. There is still widespread ignorance in NI about what the GFA actually says. When Stormont's executive collapsed SF called for joint authority. If they know what the GFA actually states then they would know that there is no proviso for joint authority. Stormont is here for ever. If it doesn't work then as long as we are in the Uk power reverts to Westminster. In a UI scenario Stormont remains in play and in a collapsed scenario power reverts to Dublin with the British government playing the role currently occupied by Coveney et all.

smelmoth

In answer to the thread title it is inevitable that some catholics will vote DUP and do so for religious reasons.

After all if they can make you believe absurdities they can make you commit atrocities

armaghniac

Quote from: smelmoth on August 18, 2018, 10:50:18 AM

you see that is where you go wrong. At the very beginning. The word for what in your head is UKish is British. This is not a difficult concept and it would be embarrassing for you if you were to make this mistake again and worrying for those who care about you

The fact that is the case reflects the colonial nature of the state.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Itchy

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 18, 2018, 08:59:58 AM
Quote from: Itchy on August 17, 2018, 11:18:04 PM
Any one going to the see the pope wants a kick in the hole and should take a serious look at themselves based on latest revelations and stop looking to be offended by DUP Neanderthals
As an a la carte once or twice a year catholic, seeing the pope has no real appeal to me. but many catholics feel differently. I will credit this pope with trying to force the church to face up to the scandals and trying to do the right thing, very often in the face of opposition from more conservative elements. The DUP and UUP leaders have shown their true colours in not meeting the Pope, and it is not surprising if disappointing. For me the Pope must meet the survivors of abuse and I know he has issued apologies before, but now is the time for action in driving further reform, opening up the church to all including a greater role for women, and a harder line on scandal hit prelates.

Educate yourself lad to whom is in this popes inner circle and who covered up abuse and then realise the only thing any pope is really interested in is the retention of the power of the church

smelmoth

Quote from: armaghniac on August 18, 2018, 12:43:49 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on August 18, 2018, 10:50:18 AM

The fact that is the case reflects the colonial nature of the state.

It certainly reflects the colonial history of the nation

smelmoth

Quote from: Itchy on August 18, 2018, 02:06:34 PM
Any one going to the see the pope wants a kick in the hole and should take a serious look at themselves based on latest revelations and stop looking to be offended by DUP Neanderthals
As an a la carte once or twice a year catholic, seeing the pope has no real appeal to me. but many catholics feel differently. I will credit this pope with trying to force the church to face up to the scandals and trying to do the right thing, very often in the face of opposition from more conservative elements. The DUP and UUP leaders have shown their true colours in not meeting the Pope, and it is not surprising if disappointing. For me the Pope must meet the survivors of abuse and I know he has issued apologies before, but now is the time for action in driving further reform, opening up the church to all including a greater role for women, and a harder line on scandal hit prelates.

Educate yourself lad to whom is in this popes inner circle and who covered up abuse and then realise the only thing any pope is really interested in is the retention of the power of the church

The pope only has to one thing to show that he is giving the abuse scandal the appropriate response. He just has to decree and back up that:
1) All who know of abuse and are not declaring it to the appropriate legal authorities and
2) All who sheltered assets from bodies to allocate compensation to victims
Will be excommunicated

It's simple and any failure means it's not being taken seriously

Hardy

Quote from: smelmoth on August 18, 2018, 06:05:32 PM

The pope only has to one thing to show that he is giving the abuse scandal the appropriate response. He just has to decree and back up that:
1) All who know of abuse and are not declaring it to the appropriate legal authorities and
Will be excommunicated and reported to the civil authorities.
All relevant documentation will be handed over to the prosecution. Lay and clerical members of the church with knowledge of the crimes will be required by church edict to give evidence in any criminal proceedings.

I'd go a good bit further, as added above.

smelmoth

Quote from: Hardy on August 18, 2018, 07:06:35 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on August 18, 2018, 06:05:32 PM

Will be excommunicated and reported to the civil authorities.
All relevant documentation will be handed over to the prosecution. Lay and clerical members of the church with knowledge of the crimes will be required by church edict to give evidence in any criminal proceedings.

I'd go a good bit further, as added above.

Im right there with you but I've made the first step so easy that any refusal to do exposes the organisation as morally bankrupt and the pope personally as morally bankrupt.

playwiththewind1st

Are both not taken as read nowadays?

smelmoth

Quote from: playwiththewind1st on August 18, 2018, 07:53:49 PM
Are both not taken as read nowadays?

A re-validation of the proof is important.

A re-validation of the proof against the pope personally is also timely. His morality is putrid and yet we will witness a hero's welcome and the conscription of school children to the visual appearance of mass consent and moral approval

Itchy

Here is one of the key note speakers at the world meeting of families, the event that coincides with the popes visit...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/pennsylvania-s-predatory-priests-the-cardinal-wuerl-connection-1.3599790

Does it sound to any of you like much has changed, to be lectured on the family by this sc**bag.

Hardy

Quote from: Itchy on August 18, 2018, 10:27:33 PM
Here is one of the key note speakers at the world meeting of families, the event that coincides with the popes visit...

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/religion-and-beliefs/pennsylvania-s-predatory-priests-the-cardinal-wuerl-connection-1.3599790

Does it sound to any of you like much has changed, to be lectured on the family by this sc**bag.

If I contacted some of his victims and they made a complaint against him, and I then reported his presence in this country to the Garda, could he be arrested?

Itchy

Quote from: Hardy on August 19, 2018, 12:42:29 AM
Quote from: Itchy on August 18, 2018, 10:27:33 PM

If I contacted some of his victims and they made a complaint against him, and I then reported his presence in this country to the Garda, could he be arrested?

I'm sure the gardai would find a reaaon not tyo arrest him