Hurling championship 2018

Started by seafoid, April 25, 2018, 07:46:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 17, 2018, 04:20:35 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 17, 2018, 04:05:10 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 17, 2018, 12:36:29 PM
If Galway don't get their early purple patch like they have in most games they could be in trouble
A Limerick win would be great for the game

It would be great for Limerick. I don't see what it would do for the game overall to be honest.

Hope for the rest of the counties and a better spread of champions would be a start..

The 90s were the best decade in hurling. Cork got a couple, Tipp got one, Kilkenny got a couple, but then Offaly, Wexford, Clare hit a great spell and it was very exciting. I think hurling is poised for something similar. I guarantee you there's not one of Cork, Waterford, Tipperary or Clare looking at Limerick and saying we can't beat them. If Limerick can beat Galway, I think you have 7 counties at least who are viable contenders next year.

Duine Eile

One change for Galway, McInerney in for Niall Burke. Good news for Galway, Niall Burke off the bench always seems to play better than when he starts a game for some reason.

seafoid

From a Galway pov winning a final "cold" on the first attempt even after a superb semifinal is very hard. I remember 2005 after putting 5 goals past the cats. Cork were just too cute.
There is going to be a lot of pressure on Limerick. If they pull it off it will be massive.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on August 18, 2018, 05:40:24 PM
Just watching the camogie here. Does anyone know why women aren't allowed to have a metal band on their sticks? They either have no band or have to tape it up.

It's not as if the band is causing many serious injuries in hurling.
Seems an odd rule.

There are two things I dislike about camogie. 1 is the goalkeeping, and the second is the way they can drop the hurley and do a two handed handpass. It looks rotten.

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

joemamas

Marty Morrisey ☹️

RTÉ still have not figured out that Dara Maloney is streets ahead in terms of commentary

AZOffaly

Mary gave a great monologue before the final last year on the radio. He tried it again this year. I wonder will he go for it a third time. During the parade referring to exiles etc.

BennyCake

Quote from: joemamas on August 19, 2018, 03:15:57 PM
Marty Morrisey ☹️

RTÉ still have not figured out that Dara Maloney is streets ahead in terms of commentary

I'm just glad it's not Ger Canning!

Cunny Funt

All Limerick in the opening 5 mins.

Captain Obvious

Lucky Limerick goal that might make up for their 6 wides

imtommygunn

There was nothing wrong with that shoulder to the face they say ;D

gallsman

Johnny Glynn is getting rode by the officials so far.

gallsman

Quote from: imtommygunn on August 19, 2018, 03:49:57 PM
There was nothing wrong with that shoulder to the face they say ;D

Glynn was coming out with the ball and he ran into him square. He made no attempt to hit Glynn with a shoulder either. Got a free through his own stupidity.

Cunny Funt

22 mins gone. 14 wides and 13 scores.

gallsman

Quote from: Cunny Funt on August 19, 2018, 03:52:11 PM
22 mins gone. 14 wides and 13 scores.

Brutal stuff altogether, and getting worse.