Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Was fighting with myself over whether or not to buy this book for a few weeks.  Not Cavanagh's biggest fan since his retirement but eventually I bit the bullet.  Not a bad read. 
Found it strange that he had pics in there of places of worship in the Moy eg the church of Ireland, the Catholic church etc.  Not sure what the reasoning was behind this. 
Think he was hinting that tyrone were behind the others with regard to weight training etc which eventually caught up with them.
Only a few chapters left now.

southtyronegael

Quote from: skeog on January 02, 2019, 01:45:21 PM
Is this not a forum for discussion about football matters.Personal beliefs should be respected  STG.
it's also my personal belief that religion and football shouldn't be mixed.

ONeill

Quote from: An Watcher on January 02, 2019, 05:17:55 PM
Was fighting with myself over whether or not to buy this book for a few weeks.  Not Cavanagh's biggest fan since his retirement but eventually I bit the bullet.  Not a bad read. 
Found it strange that he had pics in there of places of worship in the Moy eg the church of Ireland, the Catholic church etc.  Not sure what the reasoning was behind this. 
Think he was hinting that tyrone were behind the others with regard to weight training etc which eventually caught up with them.

Towards the end he sorta cuts loose on a few things.

There were about half a dozen factual inaccuracies. Pity the ghost writer didn't have a ghost reader. Still, surprisingly enjoyed it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

never kickt a ball

Quote from: ONeill on January 02, 2019, 08:33:13 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on January 02, 2019, 05:17:55 PM

Towards the end he sorta cuts loose on a few things.

There were about half a dozen factual inaccuracies. Pity the ghost writer didn't have a ghost reader. Still, surprisingly enjoyed it.

Enjoyed it too. His school move from Dungannon to Armagh didn't take up too much time in the book.

TwoUpTwoDown

A solid performance in what was a very drab affair as a whole. Considering they aren't long off the plane you'd have to be happy enough. Who did people think were the standout performers? I thought Kennedy was comfortably MOTM and was surprised to hear Grugan got it - although he was solid throughout. Coney showed glimpses of class and although I don't recall him scoring, Canavan was exciting when on the ball. However it was admittedly not a day for free flowing attacking football so the forwards had a tough day at the office. Murnagahan looked sharp and it was sad to see him go off injured.

Carmen Stateside

No doubt Kennedy should have got it!  Very impressed with him.
Coney was poor I thought as was Ronan ONeill.
Brennan looked sharp for UUJ. Was their number 10 Nathan Donnelly as in programme? He showed good flashes of play.

NotedObserver

Will ONeill make the cut? Surely too far down the pecking order now. Was McCurry injured?

Carmen Stateside

On today's showing I couldn't see it. Mulgrew although not a natural full forward was way more effective simply with his movement and pace.

TwoUpTwoDown

I thought Coney did some very good things and seemed to work hard. But it was when he tried some of the more extravagant things that you would get very frustrated. O'Neill didn't have a great day, but as I said it was not the day for the inside forwards. I thought Mulgrew was actually poor when he came on but got on the end of some ball more because of the vision of Canavan/Harte. Kennedy and Grugan are definitely an upgrade on McClure/McNulty.

trailer

Took in the game meself. Thought Coney had a good game. Showed well esp in 1st 10. No doubt he has the ability. Today he really looked interested and as if he rally wanted it.
Thought conditions were tough. Canavan tried but difficult and not really a forwards day.
Melyer had a good game.
Keeper experiment taking 45s lasted all of 2 mins when Benny didn't get his one free in the air.
Hard to really take much out of it. Could Ronan O'Neill's days be number. Very ordinary and looked out of shape.
Lee Brennan is different class and no doubt will carry Tyrone's hope for years to come.

trailer

Forgot to say, new hand pass rule is a load of dung and must be abandoned immediately.

TwoUpTwoDown

Ah the new handpass rule is a pile of tripe. It's going to encourage negativity if anything. Gallen had two efforts and I thought he didn't look comfortable with either, really seemed to force it. However it was a horrible day for off the ground. I would question his presence around the area, feel like the goal shouldn't have happened. I think O'Neill is in bother, he is well down the pecking order but the absence of Bradley might just save him.

tyroneman

Thought Coney did well enough today, man marked the entire game. McLaughlin was decent as was Grumman and Kennedy very good.

Jr did well, most balls into him stuck and he has good awareness about him.

Not a great performance but did enough.

BennyHarp

I see Mickey O'Neill has called it a day. Did a decent job for Tyrone when asked.
That was never a square ball!!

bigtogs

Typical McKenna cup....UUJ done ok for long periods... very poor standard of a game in my opinion... but was a chance to give players game time who wont be playing that much a run out i suppose.....