Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

rrhf

Richie arguably a bigger loss than matty. The pendulum has swung back in favour of Donegal big time. A huge game for petie. Will they target him as bad as before?

bigtogs

Quote from: rrhf on August 02, 2018, 11:48:40 PM
Richie arguably a bigger loss than matty. The pendulum has swung back in favour of Donegal big time. A huge game for petie. Will they target him as bad as before?

If you were managing Donegal would you target him and Sludden??

Thebigdog

Quote from: bigtogs on August 03, 2018, 12:14:38 AM

That's the problem with Tyrone's one dimensional play, you shut down the big runners and it's a struggle. Of course Bonner will do his homework on it. Harte's obsession with keeping possession of the Ball and not hitting a few Kieran Donaghy s into the square will be Tyrone s Achilles heel going forward. I absolutely believe it would bring a much needed variation to our forward play. Kerry teams have used this tactic for years why can't Harte bloody see this?

GaaFanatic123

Quote from: redzone on August 02, 2018, 05:52:27 PM
I'd imangine all clubs will look after the loyal volunteers, you can be sure of that.

Clubs will do their best too but Ive heard some clubs only got around 10 tickets to give out, so take out chairman, secretary n maybe 1 or 2 others on the committee then that will still leave many a good gael ticketless!

The problem I have with it is that clubs ask locals to pay membership so you can get tickets for county games, then the County board request clubs to only sell tickets to club members and clubs must supply a membership number with the order for the county board to check they are a valid club member, yet the gaa are happy to sell more online to non members??

redhandofgod

Save your money boys for Croke Park the following sunday

Hotrocks

Took a drive up by Donegal town yesterday and managed to get myself 3 stand tickets. No shortage of them around Donegal.

omagh_gael

Quote from: Thebigdog on August 03, 2018, 02:23:44 AM

That's the problem with Tyrone's one dimensional play, you shut down the big runners and it's a struggle. Of course Bonner will do his homework on it. Harte's obsession with keeping possession of the Ball and not hitting a few Kieran Donaghy s into the square will be Tyrone s Achilles heel going forward. I absolutely believe it would bring a much needed variation to our forward play. Kerry teams have used this tactic for years why can't Harte bloody see this?

Were you at the Dublin game? People keep on rattling on about this tactic without observing the evidence objectively. We put in two or three long balls into the FF line in 1st and 2nd half and (open to correction) we got sweet f all out of all of them. You play the hand you're dealt and for us it appears that 80/90% our scores are coming from the running game. We don't have the players for the kicking game. Fair enough use it occasionally to keep the defenders guessing but it's not something we are making hay from at all.

Scoring Zone

Quote from: skeog on August 02, 2018, 10:22:57 PM
Fake news all picked to play.

I wouldn't have the same trust in a team sheets these days but in this case I hope your right

Thebigdog

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 03, 2018, 11:39:06 AM
Quote from: Thebigdog on August 03, 2018, 02:23:44 AM

Were you at the Dublin game? People keep on rattling on about this tactic without observing the evidence objectively. We put in two or three long balls into the FF line in 1st and 2nd half and (open to correction) we got sweet f all out of all of them. You play the hand you're dealt and for us it appears that 80/90% our scores are coming from the running game. We don't have the players for the kicking game. Fair enough use it occasionally to keep the defenders guessing but it's not something we are making hay from at all.
Yes we are kicking the Ball but it's going down the throat of the Dublin defenders. Kicking for the sake of kicking. I'm talking about having Colm Cavanagh closer to cluxton with a few quality high balls in top. Read what I said!!

RedHand88

redzone

As a few of us thought after the Dublin game, if we could get Bradley, mcgeary and especially lee on the field they would give us a lot more of an attacking threat. Add in loughran today and what a second half performance. I'm sure there will be still a few clowns that will still be clutching at straws that we aren't good enough. Roll on the semi. Special mention to Matty Donnelly who went thru the wars out there today. Great scenes after it too with all the photos with the kids and their idols. Brilliant role models

square_ball

Don't you just love this time of year when all the anti-Tyrone crap comes out even more. Divers, play basketball, cubical etc etc etc. Love to see it.

redzone

Mcnamme let himself down badly after the game with his gestures to the crowd. I'm sure he took plenty of abuse from the crowd but he should take it as a compliment rather than an insult. I'm sure it was something he regrets

redzone

Even bigger crime fuzzman pops up on Twitter wearing the green of donegal at the match