Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Text from club saying that only 41% of tickets orders will be fulfilled. Although I didn't order any for this weekend it's a total joke that those who held off to go through the club are screwed over.

giveherlong

Some fcuk up made by the GAA on the tickets for this game and the hurling replay
Why could they not fulfil the club orders first and then send the left overs out via Supervalu, Centra, ONeills etc this week??

Jim Bob

How did the season ticket holders fare out this time round ? I hope they got seats. I saw a lad crying his eyes  out on the terrace at the Dublin game because he couldn't see a thing.  He and his family were season tickets holders and had attended all the games up to then. They will not be renewing next year.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jim Bob on July 31, 2018, 11:07:08 PM
How did the season ticket holders fare out this time round ? I hope they got seats. I saw a lad crying his eyes  out on the terrace at the Dublin game because he couldn't see a thing.  He and his family were season tickets holders and had attended all the games up to then. They will not be renewing next year.

That was the very first time in my experience, and I've been a continuous season ticket holder since their inception, that we were denied Stand access, anywhere, never mind for a 'home' game. So it's not surprising that there will be disaffected holders after that fairly disgraceful snub, and they'll have no one to blame but themselves, for treating their bankrollers with such ill-disguised contempt.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Therealdonald

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 31, 2018, 11:21:29 PM

That was the very first time in my experience, and I've been a continuous season ticket holder since their inception, that we were denied Stand access, anywhere, never mind for a 'home' game. So it's not surprising that there will be disaffected holders after that fairly disgraceful snub, and they'll have no one to blame but themselves, for treating their bankrollers with such ill-disguised contempt.

Hmm don't agree wholeheartedly. The first option for tickets in my opinion for these bigger games should be the clubs. Season ticket holders should be below them. The whole stand access and being disgruntled doesn't wash. Dry your eyes. You still got to the game.  And I'm not getting at you or anything Fear an Srath Ban. Just an opinion.

omagh_gael

That argument doesn't stack up though. As far as I am aware Clubs only got a handful of stand tickets for the Dublin game. In fact our club sent out a text saying only terrace tickets would be available. I know this was the case with lots of clubs as you could see this same message on their social media posts. So the question needs to be asked where did all the stand tickets go if season ticket holders weren't there?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Therealdonald on July 31, 2018, 11:25:25 PM

Hmm don't agree wholeheartedly. The first option for tickets in my opinion for these bigger games should be the clubs. Season ticket holders should be below them. The whole stand access and being disgruntled doesn't wash. Dry your eyes. You still got to the game.  And I'm not getting at you or anything Fear an Srath Ban. Just an opinion.

But as omagh_gael says, the clubs weren't given preference here to any appreciable degree. So you have to ask, if neither the clubs nor the season ticket holders were looked after, Stand-wise, who were?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Therealdonald

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 01, 2018, 12:35:57 AM

But as omagh_gael says, the clubs weren't given preference here to any appreciable degree. So you have to ask, if neither the clubs nor the season ticket holders were looked after, Stand-wise, who were?

There'd be 80 players to be sorted out with tickets straight away never mind backroom teams. Even allowing for them getting 3 it'd take away 3000 tickets. Sponsors probably took the rest and whether you agree or not they contribute the most. Do Club Tyrone still get their allocation?

LeoMc

Quote from: Therealdonald on August 01, 2018, 12:44:43 AM

There'd be 80 players to be sorted out with tickets straight away never mind backroom teams. Even allowing for them getting 3 it'd take away 3000 tickets. Sponsors probably took the rest and whether you agree or not they contribute the most. Do Club Tyrone still get their allocation?
Soi players and back room teams getting 3 each = 3000?
How big is the Dublin backroom  team?

RedHand88

Quote from: LeoMc on August 01, 2018, 07:56:48 AM
Quote from: Therealdonald on August 01, 2018, 12:44:43 AM

Soi players and back room teams getting 3 each = 3000?
How big is the Dublin backroom  team?

As Joe brolly said, there only thing they don't have is a gynaecologist.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 31, 2018, 11:21:29 PM

If it wasn't for the season ticket holders Tyrone would have had very little or no support in Carlow, Enniskillen or the away league games. It's the season ticket holders that follow the team all year and deserve their tickets for the big games. The vast majority of club members weren't involved in club activities clashing with those games and couldn't be bothered going. That's fair enough but they shouldn't dominate all the seated tickets when they do go. There should certainly be an allocation but season ticket holders should also be accommodated.

I'd love to see a breakdown of how many tickets the Tyrone clubs sold for all the championship games to date.

Jim Bob

Any club member should get priority over a season ticket holder???
A club member pays an annual subscription to his/her club and doesn't have to attend any matches whatsoever. A season ticket holder pays out more and that is before the expense of travelling away to these games.

Tyrone Dreamer

I'd be fairly confident that the vast majority of season ticket holders would be club members and supporters as well. There would be a few that have moved away from home and perhaps aren't involved in a club and therefore use the season ticket for access to tickets but that wouldn't be a huge number.

Ty4Sam

Don't think the issue here is season ticket holders, the vast majority of whom I would envisage are club members. The issue is non GAA members getting tickets before GAA members, an example is someone where I live saying he noticed people queuing for tickets in SuperValu, he decided on a whim to buy 2 himself. I'd say this man has been to about 5 GAA in his entire life. Contrast this to senior players in our club who are training/playing/coaching every week and they can't get a ticket. I'll say no more...

Therealdonald

Quote from: Ty4Sam on August 01, 2018, 12:24:56 PM
Don't think the issue here is season ticket holders, the vast majority of whom I would envisage are club members. The issue is non GAA members getting tickets before GAA members, an example is someone where I live saying he noticed people queuing for tickets in SuperValu, he decided on a whim to buy 2 himself. I'd say this man has been to about 5 GAA in his entire life. Contrast this to senior players in our club who are training/playing/coaching every week and they can't get a ticket. I'll say no more...

I think it'd be a 50/50 split. Obviously Club Tyrone gets frst pick, but the clubs/players should get precedence over season ticket holders. At least we won't have to listen to the crying about having to stand at a game i.e the Dublin game.