Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: barelegs on May 28, 2018, 01:14:07 PM
Quote from: W.A.G. Lover on May 28, 2018, 12:55:00 PM
Dates for fixtures for this Weekend have changed again, with games on Friday and Saturday now.
Anyone got the inside information on this change?
Near impossible to plan a weekend with dates constantly changing.

I haven't heard any confirmation but I imagine it's to ensure that the clubs with U20 players have them available with their Ulster semi final on Friday week.
Are they still not available no matter what day this week?
7 Day rule isn't it?

Under Lights

Looking at Carmen's results they would be safer throwing the young lads in and see how they get on. How else will they get the experience. At the minute they are losing anyway so may as well lose while bringing the next group of players forward.

Tyrone Gaa

Senior games are fixed for Friday this week!!
Living the dream!!!

Tyrone95

Quote from: Under Lights on May 28, 2018, 03:24:34 PM
Looking at Carmen's results they would be safer throwing the young lads in and see how they get on. How else will they get the experience. At the minute they are losing anyway so may as well lose while bringing the next group of players forward.
That's has been the general concensus from people I've been talking too both from Carmen and looking on. Time will tell

Tyrone Gaa

Carrickmore do have the advantage of the starred games to help them survive, I'm sure they will meet clubs that have county men that might enable them to pick up a few points. You wouldn't expect Aghyaran, Moy or Pomeroy to win many starred fixtures.
Living the dream!!!

SkillfulBill

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 28, 2018, 06:47:51 PM
Carrickmore do have the advantage of the starred games to help them survive, I'm sure they will meet clubs that have county men that might enable them to pick up a few points. You wouldn't expect Aghyaran, Moy or Pomeroy to win many starred fixtures.

They play Galbally on Friday night if they lose that then they will be in serious trouble.  They have the players remains to be seen if they have the managers.

Snapchap

Quote from: TheWaterBoy on May 28, 2018, 11:44:42 AM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on May 27, 2018, 11:09:55 PM
Quote from: SkillfulBill on May 27, 2018, 10:58:56 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on May 27, 2018, 10:18:31 PM
Quote from: redzone on May 27, 2018, 09:39:36 PM
Looking at their games left I'd say they might stay up. Still worrrting times for them. Coaisland got rid of their management recently, will carrickmore players do the same. The game has moved on a lot since Monroe last managed it seems.
I'd be certain this will not be the case in Carmen. Yes we haven't started the season well but in reality this past few years has been a matter of assuring safety with anything above that being a bonus. I have full faith that the 3 men at the helm are the right men for the job and will get us through this 'transition period' which is breeding successful minor and u16 teams through. Frustrating as an onlooker to see the performances produced vs Killyclogher, clonoe and 2nd half in Omagh cannot be maintained consistently.

They have better players on their reserve team than they have on the senior side.Penrose Donnely Gormley and Daly all on the wrong side of 35. Holding out positions from some excellent youth players.Some big decisions to be made in Carrickmore but they have to much quality not to turn it around a few men need to be sent off to the glue factory.
It's impossible for any club to just flog these experienced players and expect a bunch of 18/19/20 year olds to compete at a high level with no experience or advice from such players. Carmens injury list also not helping the current league form with another 2 serious injury's today, penrose (suspected achilles) and young ciaran cuddy who was stretchered off at the end of the game with what looked like a cruciate injury!
A few of the successful minor team of 2016 are going to America for the summer which wont help things.
Any names?

omagh_gael

Another good win for the Lough last night beating Dungannon by 8 points. that moves us into second place a point ahead of Gortin with a game in hand. Big game against Stewartstown coming up on Friday night.

Think Carrickmore will be grand, the starred fixtures should help them out with teams like Moy, Pomeroy and Aghyaran losing their main men. Although, it'd be some turn up for the books if they were to get relegated and the Lough got promoted!! :)

Tyrone Gaa

Errigal were also good last night.  They performed well in beating Clonoe, the end score line probably flattered Clonoe.  Clonoe didn't really come out for the 2nd half. Errigal blitzed them in the opening stages of that half and Clonoe didn't have the answer.  Was impressed by their CHF P McAnenly, he give Clonoe the runabout the full game.
Living the dream!!!

bigtogs

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 29, 2018, 10:55:47 AM
Errigal were also good last night.  They performed well in beating Clonoe, the end score line probably flattered Clonoe.  Clonoe didn't really come out for the 2nd half. Errigal blitzed them in the opening stages of that half and Clonoe didn't have the answer.  Was impressed by their CHF P McAnenly, he give Clonoe the runabout the full game.

Cant disagree with that we have lost a lot of players and are in a period where we just dont have the replacements we are fighting for our right to still play senior football make no mistake about that we have some tough games coming up but hopefully we will be ok..ayharan galbally and derrylaughan are must win games for us....

SkillfulBill

Quote from: bigtogs on May 29, 2018, 11:38:29 AM

Cant disagree with that we have lost a lot of players and are in a period where we just dont have the replacements we are fighting for our right to still play senior football make no mistake about that we have some tough games coming up but hopefully we will be ok..ayharan galbally and derrylaughan are must win games for us....

Just looking at the Div 1 table and it makes for interesting reading this year are we starting to see a changing of the guard with a few clubs slipping down the rankings Clonoe Coalisland Carrickmore and possibly Killyclogher finding the going more difficult this year. I have no doubt that these clubs will stay up but its not normal to.see them entering the second half of the league with their Div 1 status in question. Who are the likely clubs to replace them as top half challengers or is the league likely break down into 3-4 real top teams with the other 12 also rans.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: SkillfulBill on May 29, 2018, 12:11:11 PM

Just looking at the Div 1 table and it makes for interesting reading this year are we starting to see a changing of the guard with a few clubs slipping down the rankings Clonoe Coalisland Carrickmore and possibly Killyclogher finding the going more difficult this year. I have no doubt that these clubs will stay up but its not normal to.see them entering the second half of the league with their Div 1 status in question. Who are the likely clubs to replace them as top half challengers or is the league likely break down into 3-4 real top teams with the other 12 also rans.

Coalisland look to have kicked on after a change of management.  They destroyed Carrickmore this week and have maybe picked up maximum points.  The only way is up for them boys.  I have already raised concerns about Carrickmore, but the starred games might save them facing weaker teams.  For me Pomeroy, Moy, Galbally and Aghyaran are the 4 teams that I would say are in immediate danger Derrylaughan could enter that mix if they don't pick up a few points after a positive start and Carrickmore are playing with fire.  I don't see any other teams being dragged into the picture
Living the dream!!!

LeoMc

Was it a starred game?

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: LeoMc on May 29, 2018, 01:16:22 PM

Was it a starred game?

No both teams had county men playing.
Living the dream!!!

outsideoftheboot

Was at a couple of games over the weekend myself. Killyclogher put up a poor show against omagh. Bradley a big loss I suppose but a complete no-show from the McCann brothers. Ronan oneill quite good and D mcguigan a serious prospect. Arrived 10 mins late for the Clonoe and EC game but not sure if I missed much. Seen Mickey and Gavin devlin in attendance. PJ lavery still a class act and a few of the errigal players impressed. Accoridng to a man beside me in the stand both teams were missing maybe 3 key players each.