2018 National Football League Division 4

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 14, 2017, 11:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

I'm just trying to enjoy winning a few games and being competitive. We're in transition and there's a lot to be done in all grades of Laois GAA. It's obvious enough that Division 4 is not a place to take yourself too seriously, but it's where we are and out of it we have to try and get. A lot of these players have been badly burned in recent times and deserve the luxury of enjoying what they're achieving at the minute. Beyond that, I'm allowing Sugrue the time and space to see what he can do. It won't happen overnight, and proclaiming us as some sort of superpower is unhelpful and quite frankly ridiculous. Carlow deserve respect for what they have achieved, and I'm delighted for them

town1980

Great crowd here today but good lord one point in the second half and two so far to Carlow dire stuff

Tony

As I predicted, Carlow are a well drilled and organised outfit. We got out of there with a 1 point win and could have easily lost. Not sure why people were so confident of an easy win. Anyway, job done, promotion achieved. Roll on next week for a day out in Croker. Enjoy d pints

Don Draper

Shocking shite. Nothing to fear from those puke football f**kers. They'll be hard bet, but I said f**k it if we should fear Carlow. And I was right. Being right on the Internet is one of the greatest satisfactions in life. I'd love to bate the bollocks off them next weekend but today was job done. Promotion secured with a game to spare. Thanks John and the boys. Hold the powder til next Saturday night now and we'll all drink the shite out of it then and kick the f**k out of the cup outside of Pedigree and all the way up to Graigue.

The Monument Road

Listened to it from abroad.. I won't say anything bar well done to all concerned. But!. What time is Saturdays match at. Flights need organising and a trip to The town hall and Trudge for the homecoming. ..quick reply needed.

Helix

Quote from: The Monument Road on March 25, 2018, 04:37:25 PM
Listened to it from abroad.. I won't say anything bar well done to all concerned. But!. What time is Saturdays match at. Flights need organising and a trip to The town hall and Trudge for the homecoming. ..quick reply needed.

Probably be around 5pm and division 3 at 7pm. Is that usually the case?
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Giovanni

Would you really want to sit through that again?

Don Draper

Quote from: Giovanni on March 25, 2018, 05:04:30 PM
Would you really want to sit through that again?
To taste the Carlow tears?

Oh god yea

SCFC

Carlow have never beaten us in a league game.
Next Saturday would be a bad time to lose that record.

Tony

Most important thing is we're promoted. The match will be a lot more open in croker, in my opinion. Dr Cullen a much tighter pitch. Bit of silverware would be very welcome regardless of the division. Great to see timmons play so well after injury. Hard fought win against a style like that. Took strenght and experience to hang on at the end when down to 14.

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on March 25, 2018, 05:43:55 PM
Carlow have never beaten us in a league game.
Next Saturday would be a bad time to lose that record.
You reckon?

Gmac

Quote from: Tony on March 25, 2018, 06:03:26 PM
Most important thing is we're promoted. The match will be a lot more open in croker, in my opinion. Dr Cullen a much tighter pitch. Bit of silverware would be very welcome regardless of the division. Great to see timmons play so well after injury. Hard fought win against a style like that. Took strenght and experience to hang on at the end when down to 14.
said it here a few times but the league is where it's at for Laois for the foreseeable future , try to make their way back up the league divisions  get playing better opponents and if u can raise the standard then make some noise in the championship in a few years

Butch Cassidy

Well done to team and management for getting promotion. We've had little to shout for over last few years so it's important to acknowledge the achievement and enjoy it. Winning in Croke Park next week will top off a good league campaign. We need to develop a winning culture and good mentality and that's what John and the team are working on while developing a panel.

The match today was frustrating. Carlow play to their strengths but are very frustrating and resulted in a dour game. Open spaces of Croke Park will help but is important that Laois use the wide spaces and have men coming through the middle at pace.

Hope Laois kick on next weekend and finish the campaign in style and go into the championship in good spirits.