Battle of the Boyne - Meath Vs Louth - Leinster Final 11/7/2010

Started by thejuice, June 29, 2010, 06:21:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Hardy on July 16, 2010, 10:28:26 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 15, 2010, 11:06:13 PM
Hardy - You called me a c**k in a previous thread, care to explain why? Did I cut a bit close to the bone or is just the thick ignorant Meath man trying to come out in you?

Ah you don't seem a bad lad, really. But you were/are making a c**k of yourself and coming across as a bitter, twisted, envy-consumed obsessive with the tenor of your posts here. All juvenile cat-calling, nothing constructive or insightful to contribute. Like the Cavan equivalent of the Lithuanian farmer. You know – he'd rather his neighbour's horse died than get a horse himself.

So much hate; so little to hate back.

Hate is a very strong word Hardy. I don't hate very much and I especially don't hate football teams. As for being constructive, there is nothing that needs to be said other than the facts. Shierdan lay on the line with the ball, threw it into the goals, flung a boot so that it would look like he kicked it. Seeing that there was a dispute about the "goal" and no doubt noticing the green flag had not been raised he ran to remonstrate with the ref insisting he have the goal marked down (even though he had to know it was not a goal). Those are the facts. The question is whether this action makes Shierdan a cheat. In my opinion yes.

The Meath county board had the opportunity to offer Louth a replay and to show everyone that they were a sporting county board. Meath had a chance to go back and win the match proper and have no doubt or cloud over their win. Instead they took the greedy, unsporting way out (unlike a sporting co board like say laois) and refused.

Jinxy

Were you similarly up in arms over Ray Cunninghams point in 97 Myles?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 16, 2010, 03:04:39 PM
Quote from: Hardy on July 16, 2010, 10:28:26 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 15, 2010, 11:06:13 PM
Hardy - You called me a c**k in a previous thread, care to explain why? Did I cut a bit close to the bone or is just the thick ignorant Meath man trying to come out in you?

Ah you don't seem a bad lad, really. But you were/are making a c**k of yourself and coming across as a bitter, twisted, envy-consumed obsessive with the tenor of your posts here. All juvenile cat-calling, nothing constructive or insightful to contribute. Like the Cavan equivalent of the Lithuanian farmer. You know – he'd rather his neighbour's horse died than get a horse himself.

So much hate; so little to hate back.
As for being constructive, there is nothing that needs to be said other than the facts.

Exactly. That's why your obsessive Madam Defarge cackling was making you look like a c**k.

And your "facts" are, of course, like everybody else's posts here, merely opinions. Opinions I find laughable, as it happens, but that's opinions for you.

zoyler

Looked at a copy & paste job but it wont work.  Benny Tierney also blames Sluddens arrogance - a trait he says is common enough among major refs - in not consulting his umpires and ' Off the Fence' on Thursday also comes down heavily on Sludden and in favour of at least a replay.  Totally agree with Myles - and don't hate Meath- I married one of them!

Jinxy

It seems the Louth fans can move on but everyone else that has suffered at our hands over the years is happy to continue grinding their axes for all they are worth.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Hardy

Quote from: Jinxy on July 16, 2010, 03:29:59 PM
It seems the Louth fans can move on but everyone else that has suffered at our hands over the years is happy to continue grinding their axes for all they are worth.

Exactly - I was just saying the same myself today. To be fair, it's only a few Cavan and Mayo stragglers that are hanging onto their holier-than-thou sanctimony.

I don't think I'll bother reading Mickey's piece. Let me guess - he wants us down on our knees saying the rosary?

sammymaguire

Sludden getting any more high profile fixtures this summer  ??? I doubt it

Clanger of the century from him, the pr@t Mickey Harte was right too, for once.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hardy on July 16, 2010, 03:52:57 PM

Exactly - I was just saying the same myself today. To be fair, it's only a few Cavan and Mayo stragglers that are hanging onto their holier-than-thou sanctimony.

I don't think I'll bother reading Mickey's piece. Let me guess - he wants us down on our knees saying the rosary?

Ah come on now Hardy i didn't see many mayo posters arguing with you and in fact i  for one have stuck up for meath in this episode
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

EagleLord

So on the Sunday Game last week yer man Kevin McStay brought up the graphic to say that it is a foul to 'carry the ball over the line', and that it must be 'played' and thats fair enough. But whats the rule here in this video I found. Is this allowed?? The incident Im referring to happens around the 0.50 mark in this video. Laois lad has the ball in hand, Derry lad hits him a wee shoulder, he crosses the line, and this was given a goal. Should this have been dissallowed no?? Listen to the commentater too at that time, he clearly says hes bundled over the line.

Sorry, forgot to post the link in!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsUJMdxq4Ac

Hardy

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 16, 2010, 04:04:16 PM

Ah come on now Hardy i didn't see many mayo posters arguing with you and in fact i  for one have stuck up for meath in this episode

Sorry Deel. You're right - not many - that's why I called them stragglers. I know you're a closet Meath fan.

Edit - I thought Zoyler was Mayo as well, but I could be wrong, so even fewer.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hardy on July 16, 2010, 04:27:38 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 16, 2010, 04:04:16 PM

Sorry Deel. You're right - not many - that's why I called them stragglers. I know you're a closet Meath fan.Edit - I thought Zoyler was Mayo as well, but I could be wrong, so even fewer.

i feel ill  :D
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

meathie

The never ending story continues. wish Harte would concentrate on final instead of sticking the nose in long after story finished. wonder would he be so kind to offer Armagh a replay in similar case....

mylestheslasher

Hardy - do me a favour and point out what I posted that was not a fact. The only opinion I posted was that Sheridan was a cheat. Jinxy - if the Cunningham point was wide he certainly didn't do it intentionally. Wasn't that the year meaths finest stoned cavan fans returning from croke. Real sporting boys alright.